• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News New Dragon Quest Monsters Game in Development for Switch

Barely Able

Yoshi
Pronouns
He/Him
Japanese 25th Anniversary announcement video revealed a new Monsters title in development for switch as part of the 25th anniversary celebration. Not much other info:

Oh sweet, glad that we are actually getting a new monsters, was a shame the 3ds stuff stayed in Japan bit I'm sure we'll get this one.

Let’s hope they add the GBC versions to NSO ( won’t happen).

Random BA story. Ordered Dragon Quest V DS and Amazon sent Monster Joker 2 instead. So I called them and they sent DQV. Well apparently they shipped two DQV because I got a shipment like 3 months later. So that one is sealed and my investment.

Fantastic. I thought I read Treasures was a spiritual successor to these games on here, but happy to see we’re getting a real one

There was a bit of confusion since Erik and Mia were initially teased as the protagonists of the next Monsters game, but in the same stream that revealed Treasures it was mentioned that the next Monsters game was still in production too. Feel like a lot of people skipped out on the full stream (same one that revealed DQ3 HD-2D and the DQ12 logo) and may have missed that bit, based on the responses now.

Awesome! Treasures and Builders were both great, but I was definitely waiting patiently for the return of another Monsters game.

I'm glad they reconfirmed a game is still in development and revealed that it's coming to Switch. I hope the English in the teaser means it's being localized, the remakes on 3DS were sorely missed!

There was a bit of confusion since Erik and Mia were initially teased as the protagonists of the next Monsters game, but in the same stream that revealed Treasures it was mentioned that the next Monsters game was still in production too. Feel like a lot of people skipped out on the full stream (same one that revealed DQ3 HD-2D and the DQ12 logo) and may have missed that bit, based on the responses now.
I watched that stream and somehow missed that piece of info, but with that poor translator having to go double time just to keep up the presenters that may have been why. I am super stoked this is happening and maybe, just maaaaaaybe we can get the GB/C games on NSO.

Fantastic. I thought I read Treasures was a spiritual successor to these games on here, but happy to see we’re getting a real one
No, Monsters was announced but encountered development problems. That game turned into Treasures (a salvage job). They said that a proper Monsters game was still being made, that's this game

It's great a new Monsters game is still coming (and apparently worldwide, too), but let's be honest- with nothing of the game being shown here, it's probably still ways off and won't release on the current Switch anymore. In general I'm quite disappointed with the announcements they made today. They showed nothing of DQXII, didn't give us a release date for DQIII and didn't confirm a Western release of DQX's offline version. So instead of delivering on that front they made new promises. Can't wait to hear nothing of the Monsters game for the next five years, lol.

It just dawned on me that the first DQM would be a great addition to NSO gameboy. I'd love to revisit that game, it was my introduction to DQ since it was the first game in the whole series to make it to Europe.

Knowing SE though, they pretend they don't know what NSO is, so it'll likely never happen.

New DQM is cool too but I'm honestly over announcements that are like "the new entry is in development, now please wait for three years of radio silence before we show you anything" - I'm still waiting for any kind of news on DQ3r. I'm starting to think the trailer from 2 years ago was a collective hallucination on our end.

Can we get the HD versions of two 3DS entries while we're waiting? Not localizing them was a crime and Square needs to pay for it.

Sure is a lot of DQ games in development with no date/year attached to it yet. Feels like they should spill some beans soon-ish

Dragon Quest XII
Dragon Quest III HD-2D Remake
Dragon Quest Monsters

And withInfinity Strash releasing in the fall.. there should be a lot of DQ stuff shared within a year or so. Hopefully.

I’m a bit hesitant after DQ Treasures, which I was really looking forward to but ultimately found boring compared to Builders and the main rpgs. It’s my own fault though, I can’t say it wasn’t exactly what it said on the tin, I guess I found the concept of looking for treasure much more exciting than the actual game.

I really really hope they look back to the game boy games and trash all the size requirements that stop you from fielding three bosses as a team in the Joker games. GB games had a lot more charm to the writing too, dunno if Horii was more involved back then or what.

I’ve seen this film before!

Glad this series is getting another shot even with how Treasures landed

I knew one was in development because they already said so with the release of Treasures, but I am glad with the reassurance, it makes me think they now have a direction they feel confident about.

Can't wait for new slimes 😊

Edit:
20230530-142902.jpg

Hope this one will be finished by the time the new game releases :p

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom