• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Name Your Unconventional AAA-Title Wish + Predictions

randomengine

Shriekbat
Banned
Pronouns
He/Him
AAA = Tens of million dollar development budget

Why is it we only get AAA games that are experience shooters or Action/Adventure open world games? We used to get big-budget Adventure, RTS, and Turn-Based RPGs almost every month or several times a year, now those are rare.

Which genre or game type or game in a certain series would you love to see a huge development budget on? Regardless of financial viability - go nuts.

Another question - which genre or series do you think will fall from AAA status in the future and which genre do you think will become worthy of a AAA budget that current does not?

I've always loved the AAA F-Zero open-world RPG idea. F-Zero: Mute City. Play as Captain Falcon and wander around a dense sci-fi city, interact with all the bizarre characters and of course, race. The franchise already has a huge list of wacky characters and lore, so the game should straddle the line between serious and campy.

I've always loved the AAA F-Zero open-world RPG idea. F-Zero: Mute City. Play as Captain Falcon and wander around a dense sci-fi city, interact with all the bizarre characters and of course, race. The franchise already has a huge list of wacky characters and lore, so the game should straddle the line between serious and campy.
Yo this is actually a really great idea. With small races to find everywhere and a city to explore, I can really see this happening (in my dreams, but still).

Yo this is actually a really great idea. With small races to find everywhere and a city to explore, I can really see this happening (in my dreams, but still).

I can't claim credit for the idea. I've seen it discussed on twitter and other places. Neil from Nintendo World Report has brought it up a few times. I would love to see it happen, but we'll be lucky just to get a straight racing sequel.

The Legend of Link: The Steam Archeologist in which the protagonist Zelda explores ruins to find the legendary Sheikah artifacts.

Wouldn't mind Dino Crisis Town where you have to explore a big town while dealing with threats from both dinos and humans.

A Triple AAA licensed anime game by a proven studio, like Spiderman PS4, but I guess Bamco likes those arena fighters a lot.

A point'n'click RPG hybrid akin to Quest for Glory, with inventory and logic puzzles, a more comedic slant rather than the boring, over-serious tone of recent RPG, no 'MMO style' quests, 3rd person action or turn-based gameplay, colourful graphics instead of REALISTIC BROWN.

I’d kill for a Shonen JUMP crossover platform fighter with AAA budget.

Alternatively an AAA RPG set in the TWEWY universe. High fidelity graphics, killer soundtrack, include social links, the works.

A jrpg with scenario and dialog penned by an actual author.

Gameplay system is Grandia-esque, but the hook of the gameplay is almost quasi-Pokemon, only instead of monsters, you battle and recruit people(brigands/bandits/broken soldiers) and a large part of the game is base building.
If you want to blow through the game, you can and you get a quaint little story.
You rather spend time building your base, the story gets fleshed out majorly and it spills out into the campaign at large.
Base building would be akin to the Animal Crossing games of, doing designs and layouts, but there's definitely an economic thrust to it all.
There's a Repute meter, that would affect the quality of your potential recruits, and a secret fight menu tab called the Spar Bar, which would alleviate that annoying Pokemon fight too hard and ko the monster you're trying to capture effect.
And the game wouldn't be about saving the world, just a small corner of it.

I've already written the scenario out and plotted the game path. Give me $750k, plus a team of pixel artists and coders and we've got the best jrpg of the next 20 years.

A Liege Above : By Deeds We are Known

It would sell 16 million copies as a Nintendo exclusive. Square-Enix would gnash their teeth and all those older jrpg franchises that have cratered would rise again in it's wake.

A roguelike Pokemon Game. Each run you start with a different pokemon (maybe you always have 3 to choose) and go down into a dungeon. On the way you can explore and find stuff like potions and pokeballs and ofc battle wild pokemons. Those pokemon you can either kill or try to catch but your very limited on pokeballs. I guess you can also included fights against other trainers and the bosses could either be really strong pokemon or trainers.

Maybe to make a bit long term progression each pokemon you catch will be added to your pokedex and can be chosen to start a run with after it.

I feel like there is a lot you could do with this but I think you guys get the idea. If it would be really challenging i could so imagine the thrill of being deep into a run and finally finding a pokemon you really want but your down to just one pokemon :D or maybe even a shiny version.

Two very important ideas. Near and dear to my gaming heart.

1 - a soul blazer remake with a much bigger scale and more areas to reinhabit. Perhaps a whole world.

2 - Twisted Metal: Pitch Black - a souped up sequel with full voice acting over a dozen character stories. Next generation car combat design. It must be ultra grim dark and the stories are the center piece.

Bonus - Guardian Heroes with over 100 characters and bigger scale and more branching paths. A crossover brawler with characters across the history of the genre streets of rage final fight ninja turtles Simpsons X-Men

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom