• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Hardware My switch's dock light has started flashing, any help?

EddyZacianLand

Bob-omb
Banned
Pronouns
He/Him
Last evening my dock light started flashing and stopped connecting my switch to the TV but after a while it stopped flashing and connected to my TV again. I did power cycle it a few times while it was happening and that didn't fix it, though it did fix it on it's own.
Today I took my switch out of the Dock again and when I put it back in, it started flashing again, any help?

Sounds like a contact failure somewhere down the road. The most likely culprit is the HDMI cable, maybe try switching it with a different one to see if it solves the problem!

Sounds like a contact failure somewhere down the road. The most likely culprit is the HDMI cable, maybe try switching it with a different one to see if it solves the problem!
I will see if I have another one but I don't think I do and I am worried about wasting money if its not what's causing it

I'd check that the HDMI is working correctly, and try to blow any dust that might be in either end out.

Also the light itself might be going out. I had to replace mine. Not sure if that would cause it not connect tho.

I'd check that the HDMI is working correctly, and try to blow any dust that might be in either end out.

Also the light itself might be going out. I had to replace mine. Not sure if that would cause it not connect tho.
Would blowing it with my breathe work bc I don't have anything else to do it with?

Update tried blowing it with my breath and it didn't work plus the light kept flashing even after I took both sides of the hdmi cable out.

Would blowing it with my breathe work bc I don't have anything else to do it with?
You could try, just be sure not to get it wet. Maybe try flipping it around to. I've had a few similar issues before, and it's always an issue with the HDMI or the TV needing to be fully restarted. Also sometimes the Switch just needs to be reset into the dock, which could also mean there might be some debris in the USBC port.

If that doesn't clear up tho the problem may be internal for the dock. You can order replacement parts for it, and while it's not the hardest thing to take apart, I'd make sure to be super careful if you do, as it's easy to lose the tiny screws.

Update tried blowing it with my breath and it didn't work plus the light kept flashing even after I took both sides of the hdmi cable out.
Damn, maybe try to put the dock on another TV/computer monitor to see if the issue persists. If it does, I’d suggest sending the dock back to Nintendo or try to open it yourself if it’s not under warranty anymore

Damn, maybe try to put the dock on another TV/computer monitor to see if the issue persists. If it does, I’d suggest sending the dock back to Nintendo or try to open it yourself if it’s not under warranty anymore
I think I am going to see if my Dad can order me another dock.

Back
Top Bottom