• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Pre-Release Monster Rancher 1 & 2 DX - Pre Release Discussion Thread

Rika

Bob-omb
Banned
Pronouns
she/her, they/them

Developer/Publisher: Koei Tecmo Games
Platforms: Switch, Steam, iPhone, iPad, and iPod touch
Official Website
Release: December 9th 2021
Price: $29.99 (USD)​

Welcome to the magical world of Monster Rancher! The beloved series makes its triumphant return with Monster Rancher 1 & 2 DX, bringing together the wildly popular simulation games – Monster Rancher and Monster Rancher 2 – all in one amazing collection. Raise your own monsters and train them to compete against other eccentric creatures in combat and tournaments. With hundreds of different monster types, each with their own skills and abilities, every Rancher will be able to raise and train a monster that's a perfect fit for their personality and play style. Returning fans and newcomers alike can enjoy the timeless monster training and battling experience in Monster Rancher 1 & 2 DX!​

About the CD creation system:

CD Monster Creation System

The CD monster creation system you all know and love is returning in a big new way. You can access a CD database in-game and search by song name and artist in order to obtain monsters. Depending on the song, you can obtain a variety of different monsters!

The website explains some more stuff such as raising your monster, battles and tournaments, etc.

Last edited:
Do we know if the JP version has english on the physical, or is it Digital only for english?
I so far cannot find anything on this. I'm assuming maybe. I only also see the collector's edition on Play Asia.
Could be fun
This game has such a big following in Japan apparently, and there are guides and all I'll likely include in the actual ST/OT when the time comes.

reviews are out

I remember playing the GBA game because I liked the anime, I enjoyed it quite a bit. Never played the PS1 games. I might get this on a sale, love me some monster collecting.

I wrote the review for my buddies over Ultra N Podcast (🇧🇷 PT-BR content)

I never played the originals, but it was fun to discover what was all about, after vaguely watching the anime when I was younger.

The main issues I have with this version (beyond the core mechanics) is the lack of displaying options; There's no remastered soundtrack for the first game either, which is weird...

The monstering summoning feature is pretty cool tho; You can find pretty much every famous PS1 game in the list, including the Sony published ones.

Back
Top Bottom