• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Sales Data Monster Hunter Rise: Sunbreak sales reach 3 million (UPDATE: now sold over 4 million copies)

Took 5 days to hit 2 million, and another 9 days after that (14 total) to hit 3 million.
It deserves every sale, it's a fantastic expansion that elevates an already great game to new heights.

I rushed through the base game with max attack still took me 5h lol
There's some items editor that are of great help too to get back your sets.
Sure, but we would exclude one of our hunting party who hasn't a PC, so I'm fine sticking with the Switch version. Performance has never really bothered or hindered me in any way.

I think this all just goes to show how smart it was to keep the portable, arcadey style running with Rise, while World runs on the home consoles, and both go on PC. Rise is comfortably going to be Capcom’s second-best-selling game ever. It all adds up to more MonHun for everyone going forward, what’s not to like.

Well deserved and I hope it keeps climbing. Puts a smile on my face wondering how the Rise haters are taking this.

I think it's notable how much better Rise is performing on PC with the release of Sunbreak compared to the initial release.

TzZCfEN.png

The effect of not releasing late I imagine.

Is Sunbreak a standalone release?

Or in other words, does this mean that 10 million bought Rise, and then a 3 million on top of it shelled out $40 for the dlc?

Is Sunbreak a standalone release?

Or in other words, does this mean that 10 million bought Rise, and then a 3 million on top of it shelled out $40 for the dlc?
Sunbreaker isn’t a standalone release but the 10m number included the Rise+Sunbreak bundle, but we know at least 9m Rise copies were sold without the bundle.

That's absolutely crazy. I guess Monster Hunter is pretty popular. :p
Monster Hunter is an odd series in that it’s been around for 20 years, the portable fan base was insanely reliable once it took off there, and then it took off again once they started going for worldwide releases. So it’s kinda had numerous kickstarts as more and more people jump in. Once MH gets its claws into you it’s insanely addictive, and once you’ve got through the slow opening and got your head around it’s combat, I suspect a lot of it’s players are hooked after that. That’s why the portable fanbase was probably the same ~4m people buying in every time.

Be good to get updated LTD numbers for Rise at some point, too, but 4 million in just under 2 months is great for Sunbreak. I've had a blast with it so far and look forward to continuing.

Superb

Be good to get updated LTD numbers for Rise at some point, too, but 4 million in just under 2 months is great for Sunbreak. I've had a blast with it so far and look forward to continuing.

We did!

PR mentions Rise has sold more than 11M, so more than 700k sold since june 30

Superb

We did!

PR mentions Rise has sold more than 11M, so more than 700k sold since june 30
That's insane. The Switch version alone will reach 10m at this point. Probably the best selling MH ever on a single platform.

And that's surprising with the JP sales being weaker than with past titles.

I don't think it'll ever happen again, but I'd really like a Nintendo exclusive Monster Hunter again because of the cool Nintendo crossover weapons and armor.

That's insane. The Switch version alone will reach 10m at this point. Probably the best selling MH ever on a single platform.

And that's surprising with the JP sales being weaker than with past titles.

It's very impressive, hopefully means Rise 2 coming up for next gen Switch =)

While Rise wont reach Freedrom 3 and probably not Unite.. It's most definitely going to end up the third best selling game in Japan. Outside chance of beating out Unite to I guess..

I’m one of these 4 million (well on PC).
But I have yet to play the base game or Sunbreak lol

Back
Top Bottom