• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Monolith Soft working on fucking Donkey Kong

Status
Not open for further replies.

the_marmolade

Quality Assurance Tester in Video Game Industry
Pronouns
He/Him
Yay...
#DonkeyKong Action RPG is coming to #NintendoSwitch, developed by #MonolithSoft. #NintendoDirectNA
Via Twitter/X

Out whenever.

giphy.gif

FUCKING. DONKEY KONG?????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

This could've been a slight chuckle if it was just a regular shitpost in the thread.

But that rather explicitly implies that there is going to be fun involved

It's referring to the Donkey Kong game, of course, telling you in no uncertain terms that the game is fun. You wouldn't disagree with such an obvious statement now, would you?

The environmental work could be neat.

I know I can't be the only person who's ever wanted a DK action game where you just run around and beat the shit out of people. I think Platinum Games could absolutely nail it down

I'm confused, are people upset at this thread just cause it wasn't funny or because they thought it would be a rumor (which may mean legit)

(And don't say yes or both)

I'm confused, are people upset at this thread just cause it wasn't funny or because they thought it would be a rumor (which may mean legit)

(And don't say yes or both)

For me it's the former. It was pretty obviously fake, which adds to how unfunny it is.

I thought this was going to be a thread ruminating on how a Monolith Soft Donkey Kong game would play, not a troll "hey guess what Nintendo Of Amerlca has tweeted!".
NGL, I came into this thread hyped for something like that. I feel betrayed.

I kind of had a similar thought as well. Leaned into it with my comment about how the environmental work could be neat. I suspect MonolithSoft could do some good work with that. Perhaps make it moody and wondrous, both.

What the gameplay itself would be is something of an open question, of course.

Let’s especially cool it on joke threads like this given Direct season is in full swing. -xghost777, Josh5890, VolcanicDynamo, Barely Able

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom