• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Missing Miiverse? Check out Archiverse!

Nabbit

Heading to Lorule? Rent your equipment here!
It sounds like a Riverdale tie-in but it's in fact a full re-creation of Miiverse on the web. I knew there were various projects to keep Miiverse archived but this is the most functional and user-friendly one I've encountered. I was really heartened to see my posts in there.

Some memorable posts...please share more, including from your own feed if you like!

3tv6y4ibxyjc3_normal_face.png

AonumaNintendoAonuma

Wednesday, August 7th, 2013 7:21:00 AM

One more thing, new information about The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds was also revealed in this Nintendo Direct. We talked about how Link will be travelling between two worlds. And as you can see from the video, Link’s ability to transform into a drawing will play a huge role in the game. The presence of two worlds like light and dark have been a recurring theme in Zelda games in the past, and this time, a kingdom exists in the other world in the way Hyrule exists in the main world. The story will revolve around the events that will unfold in that kingdom, and I think you’ll have fun experiencing the game’s distinctive world that is like no other in the series. I also have a screenshot to show you today. This shows the item shop that are common in Zelda games, and the character standing next to Link is looking very suspicious. We’ll be talking about this character at a later time, but for now take a closer look at the items that are on sale. There’s the bow and arrow, the boomerang and the hookshot that are all familiar to the series. If you noticed something strange with this picture, you’re quite the Zelda fanatic! That’s right, shops in the past Zelda games sold things that would run out once you use them like arrows and bombs, items that needed replenishing. They have never sold an item that doesn’t go away after each use like the boomerang or the hookshot. This shop is a very important place in this game, and we hope to talk more about it soon. Until then, I hope you’ll use your imagination wondering what this shop is all about.

Last edited:
This is amazing but damn is that a terrible name, it indeed sounds like a Riverdale fan site lol

Took me a bit to realize it's a portmanteau of "Archived Miiverse"...but yeah, thirding that name sounds like a Riverdale fansite

I'm well aware of Archiverse, I actually wanted to help out archiving as much as I could for the team that did so, but they kindly declined since they had a small group already going hard at it and already had received a number of (temporary) bans. I truly miss Miiverse and I will never understand that we are now paying for online, yet they decided to kill Miiverse off. The amount of Metroid spoilers on Twitter is insane!

Also, for old times sake, my 'Support Ness' post:

And my very first Miiverse post:

Edit: Thinking about it, I'm still really pissed off they took ages to bring Miiverse to the 3DS, locked the screenshot function behind it and killed it within a year or two. Seriously, uploading 3D game screenshots was terrific, but alas... Can't do that anymore and Archiverse I believe dropped the 3D meta data for 3DS screenshots, so only the 2D shots survived :(

Cringing hard looking back at some of the stuff I posted on there but it's great to see it fully archived.

No alternative on any other console or pc platform delivered the same level of engagement. Don't even talk about the in-game interactivity. Miiverse was truly special and would have been absolutely amazing on such a popular platform like the Switch.

Awww I actually though the name was pretty clever lol
And this is so cool! Thanks for sharing!

Unfortunately most of my posts aren't archived, but it's still cool seeing what's there
painting

This is amazing but damn is that a terrible name, it indeed sounds like a Riverdale fan site lol

I'm so old apparently because the first thing I thought of was not Riverdale but the actual old Archie Comics that the Riverdale universe eventually spawned from. Haha

Back
Top Bottom