• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News MIO: Memories In Orbit, from Douze Dixiemes (Shady Part of Me) announced in the Direct, coming 2025

Was really curious to see who had developed it, with it coming without a pre-blurb, I was almost expecting a first-party new IP.

Haven't played Shady Part of Me, but I have huge belief in this game.

The fact that the name Mio is so similar to Ori (three letters long, only one letter different) feels a bit on the nose considering the gameplay, but it looked gorgeous. I'll give it a shot.

This looked incredible and was a big highlight. Is it a metroidvania? I assumed so, but it wasn't entirely clear from the trailer.

The game that retained my attention.
Superb art style.
It reminds me of hollow knight, celeste, gris, with its own identity.

Can't wait to know more about it.

Apparently, a multiplatform release.

Steam page is up.

"Play as android MIO in this mesmerizing metroidvania where you explore the Vessel, an enormous technological ark overgrown with machines gone rogue. Uncover its secrets, enhance MIO's abilities, and save the spaceship and its residents from oblivion."

Silksong fans when this showed up be like

maxresdefault.jpg

This immediately grabbed my attention, but the complicated jumping and play forming shown in the back half of the trailer sold me hard, really looking forward to seeing what this is about now!

Like OP says, it is one of highlight of this event. I love the visual and the world they show looks something I want to explore. Just hope it's not a lonely journey. I like to talk and interact with others NPC to make the game more wholesome.

if this feels anywhere near as good as it looks like it does... this could be an all-timer

Back
Top Bottom