• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Millenium Kitchen Community Thread |ST| 20th Century Summers

Twohearts

Lilipup
Pronouns
They/them

With the upcoming English release of Natsumon 20th Century Summer Kid on August 6th and both the earlier release of the fan translation of Boku no Natsuyasumi 2 and the impending release of the fan translation of the first game, as well as last year's official translation of Shin-Chan: Me and the Professor on Summer Vacation; I thought it was a good idea to make a thread discussing all of the company's games, due to how niche they are. A rising tide raises all ships

Who are Milennium Kitchen?​

They are a games company who focus on making slice of life games that out you in the shoes of a young boy, focusing on having fun and small stories filled with wistfulness, nostalgia, every day beauties, and every day heartaches. All of their games bar their recent Shin-chan games also take place in the 20th Century, with the 70s being the most common decade due to it being the turning point of the Japanese economy while still not being too developed or too modern. Most of their games a,so have various mini games such as bug fighting, kite flying, sliding down hills, and diving.

What games have they made?​

• The Boku no Natsu Yasumi series for Sony - none of the games are officially in English but the second game has a complete fan translation and the first has one in development. All of these games are set in small country towns, each one in a different region of Japan
  • Bokura no Kazoku - A Marriage Simulator taking yiu from the 70s into the 2000s
  • Attack of the Friday Monsters for 3DS - Millenium Kitchen's only genre game and the first one in English. This is about Monsters attacking Tokyo and the giant tokusatsu heroes who stop those Monsters every week told from the perspective of a 10 year old boy
  • Shin-Chan Summer Vacation series (nicknamed Ora Natsu in Japan) - More out there takes on their common formula, wjth the first game featuring time travel and the second game featuring a steam punk town with super villains. Less quaint than BokuNatsu but still charming and relaxing. Set in the modern day
  • Natsu-Mon! - Their latest series, focusing on a full 3D open world town as opposed to the previous fixed camera angels all their prior games used. This game is also set in the 90s, the most modern setting of any of their historical games

Where can I play them?​

Natsu-Mon! Is on Switch and PC with an English patch launching in q month. Shin-Chan: Me and the Professor are on steam and Switch in English right now. Attack of the Friday Monsters was 3DS only but cartridges aren't too expensive. Everything else is Japan only at present.

Game trailers:​

Last edited:
Well this was definitely not on the list of STs I ever expected to see. I've only played Attack of the Friday Monsters so far but I absolutely loved it. Hopefully with the rising popularity in cozy games we see more Milennium Kitchen stuff come over. The Shin-chan game is still on my radar.

Well this was definitely not on the list of STs I ever expected to see. I've only played Attack of the Friday Monsters so far but I absolutely loved it. Hopefully with the rising popularity in cozy games we see more Milennium Kitchen stuff come over. The Shin-chan game is still on my radar.
🐈‍⬛ The first Shin-Chan game is really good but the time loop doesn't really do it for us. Hoping the one in that series comes over because it looks more interesting. Wish they went with the original pitch of being in a space colony. Also the dinosaurs aren't accurate and not in a cool fun way.

Back
Top Bottom