• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Microsoft to make it's own version of Metaverse

lemonfresh

#Team2024
Pronouns
He/Him
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/arti...ing-and-it-will-have-powerpoint?sref=ExbtjcSG

If you’re worried the metaverse will be all fun and games, fear not: Microsoft Corp. is taking its own stab at the idea, and it will have PowerPoint and Excel.

The company is adapting its signature software products to create a more corporate version of the metaverse — a concept promoted by Facebook co-founder Mark Zuckerberg that promises to let users live, work and play within interconnected virtual worlds.

if I have to pay for business casual cosmetics to abide by my work's dresscode in 2030 so help me god

I feel we've reached the point where metaverse is gonna be thrown around as a buzzword until it's lost any meaning.

I'm just gonna begin referring to Animal Crossing as a metaverse from now on to confuse bystanders.

Pointless buzzwords
Yup, but I would expect MS to fare better in this than FB. They have a lot more experience with productivity apps and the like which FB doesn’t have. That’s going to be important if they want this to take off as a telework solution.

Back
Top Bottom