• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

StarTopic Metroid |ST| Praise The Process

Metroid Prime 4 in the June 2024 Nintendo Direct?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Don't leave forever though, I'm sure you won't have to wait too much longer to see it.

Although I'm kind of with you on this. For a while now, I've been strongly considering unplugging from the internet for about a month to focus on my physical health, my mental health, and my overall life goals. It's something I need to do for my own benefit anyway, but if Metroid is a no-show at this Direct, it will likely jumpstart that. The potential discourse and disappointment may exacerbate my already declining mental state so I could see myself noping out of the internet for a while. I'd come back though.

yeah I said it in a joking way but unironically mental health + depression + Prime would make me take a break at least for a while, the Metroid community is good but I can't stand the Prime discourse anymore of talking about the same thing over and over
Heck, I dropped off the internet for a while after Dread was revealed. It really did wonders for my mental health. It's easy to become obsessive with some of this stuff.

May follow a similar path if Prime 4 shows up as well. I'll hype with y'all for a few days, then I'm out. And I'm definitely getting out of here if Prime is a no-show, lol.

W1cZztZ.jpeg

oh there is peace already

QPPx3WY.jpeg

we're running on faith alone from here on out, yall. The Process trusts us, let's be sure to return the favor.
This post is like a blessing from the warrior goddess Samus Aran herself. I never wanted MP4's potential presence in a Direct to leak. I never wanted leakers to disturb the sanctity of The Process. So far, we're on track. Things are looking very, very good. #TTP

This post is like a blessing from the warrior goddess Samus Aran herself. I never wanted MP4's potential presence in a Direct to leak. I never wanted leakers to disturb the sanctity of The Process. So far, we're on track. Things are looking very, very good. #TTP
Hidden content is only available for registered users. Sharing it outside of Famiboards is subject to moderation.

Last edited:
One might want to consider the fact that the only reason Prime 4 hasn't shown up in a direct the past few years is because people were relying on leaks instead of process to anticipate it's presence.

Now that we have a direct without 1st party leaks the process (tm) can truly begin.

Just wanna say that I'm wearing my Super Metroid T Shirt today, and that I played some Metroid Prime 2 yesterday. We willed this one into existence!

I was kinda disappointed Prime 2 & 3 weren't announced. Gonna go ahead and finally play them this summer, literally the only two Metroid games i've yet to play.

I'll have to stop watching the Prime 4 trailer sometime tonight so I can play Zero Mission on NSO. Go play it, especially if you haven't before!

It was an amazing morning. Either way we were going to win today as Prime 4 would have been cross gen as a no show, but even so, it was so very special to see it this morning on a personal level. Had a great group of friends and my Dad to see it with. I can’t believe it’ll have been 18 years between proper Prime games when we finally get it, but wow it looks incredible. I’m so happy it looked just like Prime too with scanning and jumping around enemies. I can’t wait to explore all of it in 2025.

Sylux looked silly and I can’t take him seriously though especially as someone who just beat Federation Force lol.

I thought this would be a fun thing to reshare here. In the prior Direct Speculation thread, ST7, I ran a poll asking what people thought the first shot of the Prime 4 trailer would be. I think we can say either planet surface or Samus’s ship won that poll from the options. I recorded the results of all 393 votes so yeah you can revisit where you and/or others voted!

Metroid really is back.

After Other M, Federation Force and the absence of "a good Metroid" since freaking 2007, it feels good to be along the ride for this incredible redemption arc.

Maybe, I don't know if I should wait or just play them now lol
I will wait, MP4 doesn't even have a release date, so we have time :). I had a blast playing the remaster last year, so for me it is worth waiting for some kind of remaster of 2 and 3, even if the changes are not as deep as in the first game.

The music in Dread wasn't that bad damn 😂
the music of Metroid Dread was too much silence for my taste, where is the moody/atmopheric music, is good Metroid Prime 4 is returning to what i consider true Metroid music, i wonder is Kenji Yamamoto the composer of Metroid Prime 4 or is someone new?

I doubt Kenji Yamamoto is back in the composing role for Prime 4, he hasn't been in the composer role for any game since Prime Trilogy on Wii. Ever since, he has only been in supervisory roles and music director (e.g. Metroid Dread). I would assume he is back in the Music Director role but with someone else in the composition chair.

Back
Top Bottom