• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Metroid Prime: Remaster Made Me Cry In Not The Way You Might Think

AxkilAvenger

Like Like
Pronouns
He/him
I’ve been playing the game God made while watching reviews of it and what not in the background since launch. Last night while playing, I found a half hour video compilation of YouTubers reacting to the game. I know these people can be overreacting but this time their hype combined with nostalgia and a glass of wine got me. Twenty minutes in and I started tearing up. Twenty five minutes in and the tears were flowing. Just seeing the freak out when the announcement casually happens and watching them melt to a puddle of goo when the shadow drop later today announcement happens lol. It was quite a one two punch from Nintendo. Some in the video literally wanted to say “fuck you Nintendo!” As the emotions welled up inside them. Beautiful thing to see. I find as I get older I’ve become prone to crying over sad, bittersweet scenes in movies but I’ve never ever cried over a video game before! What say you fambo? Has Metroid Prime or any other game jerk the tears from your eye?

I’ve been playing the game God made while watching reviews of it and what not in the background since launch. Last night while playing, I found a half hour video compilation of YouTubers reacting to the game. I know these people can be overreacting but this time their hype combined with nostalgia and a glass of wine got me. Twenty minutes in and I started tearing up. Twenty five minutes in and the tears were flowing. Just seeing the freak out when the announcement casually happens and watching them melt to a puddle of goo when the shadow drop later today announcement happens lol. It was quite a one two punch from Nintendo. Some in the video literally wanted to say “fuck you Nintendo!” As the emotions welled up inside them. Beautiful thing to see. I find as I get older I’ve become prone to crying over sad, bittersweet scenes in movies but I’ve never ever cried over a video game before! What say you fambo? Has Metroid Prime or any other game jerk the tears from your eye?
Link?

Oh boy. It'd almost be easier to list the games that haven't managed to get an emotional response out of me, tbh. I consider myself fortunate, because I'm generally a fairly positive person, and I just love becoming engrossed in a well-crafted story or world.
3343.jpg

I kind of get your post, I get a lot of nonostalgia when I watch some old Directs.

I don't cry, but I do get excited when I remember "x" game got announced.

Oh boy. It'd almost be easier to list the games that haven't managed to get an emotional response out of me, tbh. I consider myself fortunate, because I'm generally a fairly positive person, and I just love becoming engrossed in a well-crafted story or world.

3343.jpg
Came close to crying during the breath of the wild trailer but I sucked that tear back into its duct

I freaking love whoever is in the Same Returns' Gravity Suit.

Lots of game reveals have given me this reaction, even if it's not my taste per se. Had it with Metroid Dread, for instance, because it felt so momentous and the quality was written all over it from the start. Ended up unexpectedly adoring that game.

Tears of the Kingdom 2021 teaser had me googly-eyed at the skydiving shots. But usually, Directs aren't the format in which I can surrender to awesomeness because of the voice-over often pulling me out =P .

. Here it is. Sorry I don’t know how to make it display properly
Edit: I t worked!

Try this dry weirdo:

Both these moments did something for me no other trailer/reveal ever did.

The theme from the fictionnal Turrican 4 TFMX soundtrack, Yuzo Koshiro, M2 boss, Chris Huelsbeck, Richard Leadbetter, all reunited for a Turrican Collection trailer.

I've been waiting 26 years for anything new Turrican related, you bet I had tears in my eyes !

Both these moments did something for me no other trailer/reveal ever did.

Aaaahhhh, the famous "WHOOOOS DA MAN? WHOOOS DA MAN?!".

That was one heck of a E3 press conference back then, huh?

When the rumors around the Wii U circled around during 2010-2011, the first thing that came to my mind is: " HOLY SHIT I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE METROID PRIME IN CRISP, GLORIOUS HD GRAPHICS!! ".... And for better or worse, I waited for like 13 years for this moment to come .

Lots of game reveals have given me this reaction, even if it's not my taste per se. Had it with Metroid Dread, for instance, because it felt so momentous and the quality was written all over it from the start. Ended up unexpectedly adoring that game.

Tears of the Kingdom 2021 teaser had me googly-eyed at the skydiving shots. But usually, Directs aren't the format in which I can surrender to awesomeness because of the voice-over often pulling me out =P .

Try this dry weirdo:

Lol he’s never played it before. For that reason alone I like him 😊

This game solidified my take on how little love Samus got for the better part of a decade. She deserves her flowers from Remaster and Dread.

Sure some game stuff does but not a reaction compilation in 2023. It’s all just canned fake emotion for them to get lots of views. I would get a majority of them have never even played Metroid Prime and a few never even heard of it.

Stuff that feels genuine like the dude’s at the Nintendo Store or old E3 conferences, that’s the good stuff. Or something like compilation of huge sports moments, like this one:

I cried like a baby at the Nintendo direct reveal.

Didn’t know who this was till now. He is certainly one of the highlight reactions for me in the video.

Oh i didn't know him prior to this reaction either, but everyone who owns a self-made full body suit of the IP you're a fan of is automatically among one of the biggest fans. ^^

I get you. I don' know if I would cry for that particular thing (Metroid Prime related) but I have cried or got teary eye for things that are sometimes even surprising for me.

Videogame related i can not remember the last one, but just to give you one example of what I'm talking about : Just yesterday I got teary eye watching the credits scene in Narcos Mexico Season 3, the one when they suggest Amado Carrillo is still alive, while i was listening the song called "pacas de a kilo" by Tigres del Norte in the background, the song ended when the scene was ending as well, got paired up amazingly well.

Why I got emotional? who knows honestly, it was a happy accident that I was watching that scene that got paired with the song in the background and it's not that i like narco culture (quite the contrary actually)

I've been getting misty-eyed at times when I think of or play Goldeneye

That and Star Fox 64 were games I played a lot of time with my Dad, back in the day. And I so wish he was still around, so that we could start it all up over again.

Fuck Cancer.

The ending of Prime sure makes me choke up a bit. Just reflecting over the haunting beauty of the entire experience as the credits roll.

I get you. I don' know if I would cry for that particular thing (Metroid Prime related) but I have cried or got teary eye for things that are sometimes even surprising for me.

Videogame related i can not remember the last one, but just to give you one example of what I'm talking about : Just yesterday I got teary eye watching the credits scene in Narcos Mexico Season 3, the one when they suggest Amado Carrillo is still alive, while i was listening the song called "pacas de a kilo" by Tigres del Norte in the background, the song ended when the scene was ending as well, got paired up amazingly well.

Why I got emotional? who knows honestly, it was a happy accident that I was watching that scene that got paired with the song in the background and it's not that i like narco culture (quite the contrary actually)
I love the Narcos series!

Landing on Tallon Overworld in Prime Remastered definitely got me. I hadn't played Prime since before the Switch launched, and I'd been hoping to see it remastered for so long. The fact I was actually playing it, with such incredible attention to detail and care, made me tear up. Just something about the music and the rain spattering on Samus' arm cannon...

I had a similar feeling but with Fantasy Life. I almost teared up when it was announced, and then watching so many direct reactions and even the biggest Nintendo fans not knowing what Fantasy Life is got me crying bruh.

I’m glad Metroid Prime could get this reaction, that feeling of a game you’ve wanted for so long finally being revealed (and released in this case) is one of the best that someone into gaming can feel.

I had a similar feeling but with Fantasy Life. I almost teared up when it was announced, and then watching so many direct reactions and even the biggest Nintendo fans not knowing what Fantasy Life is got me crying bruh.

I’m glad Metroid Prime could get this reaction, that feeling of a game you’ve wanted for so long finally being revealed (and released in this case) is one of the best that someone into gaming can feel.
Thing about Prime Remaster, no one really knew they wanted this!
All we really wanted was an upscale. Instead we go this!!😂😭😭😭

Anyone who followed rumors at all was well aware of the expectation of a full visual remake by this point though, had it not been people would have been upset.
Who did?
Been following this rumour for the last two years and no where did I see anyone say we were getting what Retro delivered.

3343.jpg
ok, this made me laugh during a meeting and now people are giving me weird look.

Who did?
Been following this rumour for the last two years and no where did I see anyone say we were getting what Retro delivered.
Then you haven't been keeping up, or included in any recent direct hype threads, rumor threads, etc. I'm pretty sure it's the entire basis of that guy cutting his hair off as well, but here is I believe the originator followed by endless speculation that last year+

On this site, NateDrake and Emily Rogers have been saying it for a while.

I also think Grubb made a bet and cut his hair over this? It was either this or the Zelda games.
i'm talking about the graphical fidelity of the game, not whether it was coming out or not.

The first section of The Last of Us got me hard. I think that's the only game, but Xenoblade 2/3 had some close moments.

Back
Top Bottom