• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Pre-Release Metroid Prime 4: Beyond - Pre-Release Discussion Thread (UPDATE: New Trailer)

It was originally supposed to be released later this year but the plans have changed. It's MOST LIKELY not going to be in the direct but on the bright side, they have more time to polish it up now.

I'm surprised Metroid Dread has a reputation of bad music. All I could remember was pissing my pants every time EMMI detected my location. I thought the sound department did fantastic, but I can understand not so much music wise.

It was originally supposed to be released later this year but the plans have changed. It's MOST LIKELY not going to be in the direct but on the bright side, they have more time to polish it up now.
That makes sense since Switch 2 is also said to be delayed. This further confirms Metroid Prime 4 cross-gen release.

Look I've been pessimistic about Prime 4 showing up this direct but come on people this isn't the first time that someone just joined the site claiming to have insider info only to be proven wrong and delete there account

Last edited:
Making Switch 2 release window even stronger. Reveal month can't come soon enough.

I still expect a teaser in this Direct with Spring/25 as the date and "more information to come later this year".

Making Switch 2 release window even stronger. Reveal month can't come soon enough.

I still expect a teaser in this Direct with Spring/25 as the date and "more information to come later this year".
That would be the dream. Even if it's cross gen, it's time they address the game is close to being released at least

Edit:

Last edited:
I spoke to someone.
It slipped to 2025.
it's 50/50, since it depends what Nintendo want to use Prime 4 as.

I have always thought, out of any Nintendo franchises, Prime would be perfect to showcase the RT capability of the Switch 2 and would make for a good cross gen title, for example the Switch 2 would be 4K/60 with RT and DLSS and higher texture quality, meanwhile the base Switch would be 900p/60.

on the other hand a holiday release makes sense, since Nintendo doesn't have much to show and would make for a fantastic holiday release, either that or FE remake.

Like Prime 4 as a lot of potential to break it into the mainstream and releasing in either system has positive and negative.
for example

Prime 4 wouldn't have much competition on the market and the huge install base can make it sale extremely well, meanwhile Prime 4 on Switch 2 can be the next Botw, of making an IP into an instant hit, like people love to buy games with good graphics and releasing a game in the early year of a brand new system can make it sale way more and it has the plus side of being cross gen, similar to god of war and horizon.

Xenoblade 2 is a good example, since it's the best selling xenoblade game, since it released in the first year of the Switch.

I have always predicted that MP4 will show up at the upcoming direct, and I will continue to do so. Even if Nintendo literally tweets that it will not be there, I will still predict that it will be there. Trust the process. If it were easy, then everyone would do it.

I just hope we at least get Prime 2+3 in this direct. Or even just Prime 2 Remastered or something like that. That would make me feel better if 4 was pushed to next year.

I have always predicted that MP4 will show up at the upcoming direct, and I will continue to do so. Even if Nintendo literally tweets that it will not be there, I will still predict that it will be there. Trust the process. If it were easy, then everyone would do it.
If it's a Gengar post, it's a W

Nintendo has to be well-aware of how much we want to see it, right? If the game is mostly done, I really see no reason why they still demand secrecy over showing us just 30 seconds of footage, even if it is a 2025 release. I don't want to sound demanding or entitled but if this Direct goes by with more utter silence on Metroid Prime 4 I'm going to be a little peeved. It's been 7 years.

Call me a cynic, but this feels like a "my uncle works at Nintendo" moment, there's no reputation or evidence to back up this claim.

I suppose we'll see at the direct.
My dad is Nintendo. Metroid Prime 4 will come bundled with Prime 5. The game got too ambitious, so they're making two games at once. Save this post.

Nintendo has to be well-aware of how much we want to see it, right? If the game is mostly done, I really see no reason why they still demand secrecy over showing us just 30 seconds of footage, even if it is a 2025 release. I don't want to sound demanding or entitled but if this Direct goes by with more utter silence on Metroid Prime 4 I'm going to be a little peeved. It's been 7 years.
Yeah, I feel the same way. Just put the logo and a 2025 release year at the very least

Look I've been pessimistic about Prime 4 showing up this direct but come on people this isn't the first time that someone just joined the site claiming to have insider info only to be proven wrong and delete there account
I don't care if I'm proven wrong, in fact, I would love to be proven wrong with this. I was extremely disappointed when I was told this information.

If Metroid Prime 4 does indeed show up in the June direct after all, what are your expectations for the style, and amount, of footage we'll see? A 30-second in-engine teaser? A full gameplay reveal? A CG opening cinematic trailer?
If it is actually releasing this year, then I assume it will be handled similar to Dread's reveal: a nice full trailer that mixes cinematics and gameplay.

If Metroid Prime 4 does indeed show up in the June direct after all, what are your expectations for the style, and amount, of footage we'll see? A 30-second in-engine teaser? A full gameplay reveal? A CG opening cinematic trailer?
I don't even need gameplay, just a title, logo, and Samus reveal. I desperately wanna see one of the new suits she'll be rocking.

I don't think Nintendo just teases games in directs unless they really don't have a lot to show.
I'm thinking gameplay but not super in depth. A more in depth trailer comes at a later time.

Similar to Dread's trailer. Meaty, with a mix of story and gameplay.
Someone who has contacts at retro.

Congrats to them for being the first person in the world with contacts at Retro!

Same as Metroid Dread: cinematic followed by gameplay, closing out with a release date.

slow establishing shots that get you hopeful but unsure if it's finally Prime Time, a big reveal shot of Samus, camera pulls into the helmet and seamlessly transitions into gameplay

close it out with a release date (or release year, at a minimum)

Last edited:
If they're saving it for a future presentation, I really hope that it's not just off-screen footage in a switch 2 reveal trailer. Those things tell us barely anything, and then you get people asking silly questions (i.e. like when people said Mario Odyssey might be an endless runner or something like that)

Back
Top Bottom