• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Metroid Dread free demo out NOW!

Makes sense; they've already got their upfront sales, no harm in dropping a demo after release for people who are still on the fence or who have recently become interested.

That pumpkin (which looks photoshopped) is so cool. I got some LED strips lying around....kind of tempted to try and recreate it with the green glow.

I wonder why they wanted until now. Maybe they weren't expecting the game to have as broad of an appeal and they're trying to get even more people in now that they've seen the potential?
this is probably it

game reviewed well and sold well upfront so they've got nothing to lose by trying to hook more folks with a demo

I wonder why they wanted until now. Maybe they weren't expecting the game to have as broad of an appeal and they're trying to get even more people in now that they've seen the potential?
It's a better business strategy to release the demo after all the launch buyers buy in.

It acts as a second launch for buyers who were on the fence.

This is a great way to keep what’s probably a really frontloaded game in the mindshare and expand the audience even more!

Happy to see Nintendo playing another card to bring attention to Dread even after release. Crossing my fingers it gives the game a decent sales boost, it more than deserves however many sales it can get.

this is probably it

game reviewed well and sold well upfront so they've got nothing to lose by trying to hook more folks with a demo

Nintendo has released demos after a game has been released in the past. Pokemon Let's Go which sold over 10 million copies got a demo months after the game was released. Does that mean that Nintendo didn't think Pokemon would have broad appeal? Arms got a demon nearly a year after release. They are releasing demo for Dread because they think it will drive more sales. It's that simple.

it's for all the people who heard all the rave reviews but are still sitting on the fence

Nintendo has released demos after a game has been released in the past. Pokemon Let's Go which sold over 10 million copies got a demo months after the game was released. Does that mean that Nintendo didn't think Pokemon would have broad appeal? Arms got a demon nearly a year after release. They are releasing demo for Dread because they think it will drive more sales. It's that simple.
yes, obviously every individual case is exactly the same as every other. pokemon has identical appeal to metroid.

you've cracked it

Most likely. Ending it earlier than that would be weird.
That’s a pretty good chunk of the game. You’ve got the tutorial EMMI fight, the first real EMMI fight, finding the Charge beam, and finally the Corpious fight. Depending on the player that could take 30-60 minutes probably.

Yeah I suck at this, lol. Any game where I have to do more than one action move at once overloads my brain.

Neat! I hope ppl on the fence will try it out, and dang even sequence breaks in the demo? Love it.

Bomba confirmed, Metroid series can't catch a break. :p

Nah, it’s because they already got the launch buyers, now they’re dropping the demo to convince anyone on the fence to at least try it out and maybe purchase it.

Which is a good thing coz it means Nintendo is trying to push Metroid more.

Nintendo seem to be doing a really good job of selling this. Hopefully this puts the series in a much better position, it's more visible now than it's ever been.

Was surprised to see this demo pop up last night.

Looks like the demo doesn’t have saves enabled, but do you have to watch the story cut scenes every time you boot up the demo? I don’t have my switch on me to test

Was surprised to see this demo pop up last night.

Looks like the demo doesn’t have saves enabled, but do you have to watch the story cut scenes every time you boot up the demo? I don’t have my switch on me to test
It seems like it? I quit out of the demo because I was stuck on something, and booting it back up it goes through all of the story stuff again.

The demo does keep save data on the Switch, but I don't know what it actually does.

Back
Top Bottom