• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Previews Meet Your Maker

merp

Manakete
Pronouns
He/him

I didn't see a thread for this, but I've been somewhat keeping up with this game for sometime; glad it was at The Game Awards recently.

It feels like a logical step for Behaviour Interactive after Dead By Daylight pitting players against one another in asymmetrical multiplayer.

In fact I think what attracts me to it is how it feels like a natural evolution of the multiplayer on ZombiU; one person builds the base and the other has to survive. Shame it's not coming to Switch day one but hopefully it won't be too long to make an appearance elsewhere (and also hopefully with crossplay/crossprogression built in)

It feels like a logical step for Behaviour Interactive after Dead By Daylight pitting players against one another in asymmetrical multiplayer.

In fact I think what attracts me to it is how it feels like a natural evolution of the multiplayer on ZombiU; one person builds the base and the other has to survive. Shame it's not coming to Switch day one but hopefully it won't be too long to make an appearance elsewhere (and also hopefully with crossplay/crossprogression built in)
I'm actually really attracted to this. Like, really attracted to this. None of the "multiplayer games" really appeal to me unless their MMORPGs (I know, I know, but I'm old-school like that).

As part of The Game Awards, Behaviour Interactive has revealed Meet Your Maker, the long-awaited follow-up to its popular PvP slasher, Dead By Daylight. A wholly new IP, Meet Your Maker is described as "a unique first-person building and raiding game" that will see players both creating and defending their own bases of operations while also heading out into the world and raiding enemy players' bases, each one as intricate and devilish in design as their creators can accomplish.

The game is set on a dying planet where all players, or "Custodians," serve the Chimera, "a living experiment created as a last resort to save life on Earth," by gathering genetic material, called GenMat in-game. This is done by building maze-like Outposts meant to ensnare and kill invading players. Because each Outpost in the game is player-built, Behaviour says "user-generated content is the driving force of the experience."

Players can invest in upgrades to enhance their Outposts, as well as play in two-player co-op to increase the odds of survival. You can see the reveal trailer for yourself right here.

A beta is scheduled for "Winter 2023" and the team is now accepting sign-ups right here. Meet Your Maker is coming to PC as well as both current- and last-gen versions of PlayStation and Xbox.

Might as well include an article here.

But yes, a "beta playtest" starts around "Winter 2023" and, frankly, I feel like it's one of those games you shouldn't get "too hyped for" because it's meant to be played as a diversion and not really supposed to be taken that seriously, as weird as that sounds.

Basically, don't over-hype this, though I am disappointed that it's coming out much later than I was hoping. :cautious:

Well, just as a reminder, Meet Your Maker is April 4 for PC, PS4/5, Xbox One, and the XSX/S.

Dunno much else to say; it's a game I would play "on the side" and only here and there, but I do like the concept a lot and it piqued my interest initially because I typically don't play games like these, where there is no central objective to it all. :p

Back
Top Bottom