• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Marvel vs. Capcom Fighting Collection | Coming 2024

Josh5890

Yoshi
Founder
Pronouns
He/Him

• X-MEN CHILDREN OF THE ATOM
  • MARVEL SUPER HEROES
  • X-MEN VS. STREET FIGHTER
  • MARVEL SUPER HEROES vs. STREET FIGHTER
  • MARVEL vs. CAPCOM CLASH OF SUPER HEROES
  • MARVEL vs. CAPCOM 2 New Age of Heroes
  • THE PUNISHER

Most underrated announcement of the day!

YESSSSSS Getting this physical (even if I have to import) to go with the other collections.

Although I’m kinda bummed they couldn’t sneak AvP in there.

Amazing announcement. The only thing missing to make it ideal would have been a standalone Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 port.

I'm still not over it.

New art of Scott giving Ryu some dap after all this time. It does my heart SO GOOD.

When I saw Marvel vs Capcom 2 I literally said this in Travis Touchdown's voice. You gotta be fucking shitting me! Day fucking 1. Shit

Best announcement of a re release. We are so back.

It's funny that we were all expecting a Capcom vs SNK collection between the Match of the Millenium rerelease on Switch last year, and Terry and Mai in SF6... But Capcom said nah, Imma take you for a ride instead.

(Now please add Wolverine in Season 3 of SF6 please... Capcom please, you can do the most crazy DLC crossover ever...)

Best announcement of a re release. We are so back.

It's funny that we were all expecting a Capcom vs SNK collection between the Match of the Millenium rerelease on Switch last year, and Terry and Mai in SF6... But Capcom said nah, Imma take you for a ride instead.

(Now please add Wolverine in Season 3 of SF6 please... Capcom please, you can do the most crazy DLC crossover ever...)
Logically, they probably were going to do this first, not only because there's a bit more longstanding hype with Marvel placing more emphasis on their mutants again, but also because if MvC2 was indeed going to be freed, then it's a good sign for the rest of Capcom's catalog.

We're now in an era where apparently Naomi-era content is fair game, so that means the likes of Power Stone, Project Justice and yes, CvS are legit possibilities to consider!

Surprised not more hype for this.
I was too busy buying new arcade sticks for me and the boyz to fucking break as we FREAK OUT OVER MVC2 BEING OFFICIALLY FREED FROM EMULATION

A FUCKING ACTUAL SUPPORTED PC RELEASE

PLACED BACK IN THE PLAYSTATION ONLINE POPULACE

ON SWITCH FOR BRINGING TO THE MATE'S HOUSE EASY PEAZY (WHO ALREADY HAS A COPY LOL)

AAAAAAAAAAAGGGHHHSAGTAAHAHAHAHADSHSDFHSFHFSDJFDJDFJdffr

iu

MvC4 is actually, genuinely possible now. So glad my favourite fighting game series is actually (kinda) back. Guess it's time for me to learn the older games, huh?

I couldn't not believe this when I saw it...had to refrain from screaming at work lol.

Insane...I'm there Day 1, hopefully physical but I'll take digital if I have to.

Logically, they probably were going to do this first, not only because there's a bit more longstanding hype with Marvel placing more emphasis on their mutants again, but also because if MvC2 was indeed going to be freed, then it's a good sign for the rest of Capcom's catalog.

We're now in an era where apparently Naomi-era content is fair game, so that means the likes of Power Stone, Project Justice and yes, CvS are legit possibilities to consider!
Can't wait for all of it !! Best Capcom era of fighting games 😭😭😭

Never played these games but I do remember hearing a lot of good things about these games from my classmates back in the day lol.

Man that's my childhood right there. Punisher. Spent thousands of tokens on that machine. And I got the game the same month it hit Mega Drive. Despite the titular character, I was a Nick Fury kid.

Also, remaster UMvC3 as well Capcom (I know they won't)

Yes please give me a Naomi collection. Capcom Fighting collection 2!
Don’t forget Tech Romancer tho

Tbh pretty wild they just dropped this in the middle of a Direct. This is monumental; MvC2 finally out of port jail.

Capcom weren't kidding when they said they had a bunch of June announcements.

I'd imagine this Naomi emulator will also be used for an eventual Capcom Vs SNK Collection that will probably include the SNK Vs Capcom games as well.
Fighting Collection 2 having Power Stone 1 and 2 as well as Rival Schools and Project Justice feels like a no brainer.

I play very little fighting games that aren't Smash, but as long as this gets a physical version I'll buy it just for celebration's sake. I know how important of a release this is.

Plus, it's one way to play as Mega Man again.

Amazing announcement. The only thing missing to make it ideal would have been a standalone Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 port.
They are treating "Capcom Fighting Collection" as a series, so my hope is that the next entry in a year or two features Street Fighter 4 and Marvel vs Capcom 3, and maybe even Tatsunoko and/or SFxTekken.

I'd imagine this Naomi emulator will also be used for an eventual Capcom Vs SNK Collection that will probably include the SNK Vs Capcom games as well.
Fighting Collection 2 having Power Stone 1 and 2 as well as Rival Schools and Project Justice feels like a no brainer.
You forgot Plasma Sword, Tech Romancer and Cannon Spike

I was just reminiscing about these games with a cousin last week while playing the first Capcom Fighting Collection. Can't believe there's finally a collection.

The most brutal Capcom test there ever was. People have to buy this thing or else risk never seeing another MvC in their lifetime.

I was just reminiscing about these games with a cousin last week while playing the first Capcom Fighting Collection. Can't believe there's finally a collection.
Say any thoughts on that? Been tempted by red earth for a while, it’s on sale at $16 and I know it has a bunch of QOL stuff arcade stadium doesnt

I refuse to believe that this is going to be the case. I will wait form Capcom to further confirm the status of a Switch physical cartridge. "Injects 200cc of copium into my veins"

Say any thoughts on that? Been tempted by red earth for a while, it’s on sale at $16 and I know it has a bunch of QOL stuff arcade stadium doesnt
I'd say go for it, to be fair I never bothered with Arcade Stadium since I didn't like the piecemeal approach so I can't say how well they stack against one another but I think the Fighting Collection is a very well put together collection.

I refuse to believe that this is going to be the case. I will wait form Capcom to further confirm the status of a Switch physical cartridge. "Injects 200cc of copium into my veins"

A physical release.....................................just on the PS4.............................................in 2024..............................................................really now?

A physical release.....................................just on the PS4.............................................in 2024..............................................................really now?
I feel like it's partially from there not being crossplay, so by just having a PS4 copy the same version doesn't get split up between PS4 and PS5.

......................I GUESS!
I do think it's very strange though that Switch doesn't get a physical, but I feel like it makes sense why only the PS4 is getting this instead of PS4/PS5. Honestly Xbox might be the weirder exclusion, but I guess not a lot of people bought Fighting Collection there.

I do think it's very strange though that Switch doesn't get a physical, but I feel like it makes sense why only the PS4 is getting this instead of PS4/PS5. Honestly Xbox might be the weirder exclusion, but I guess not a lot of people bought Fighting Collection there.
It's not your fault, I'm just frustrated.

I can’t imagine this not getting a physical release even if it’s import only.

OTOH I can easily see Capcom going the cheap route on this and not wanting to pay the manufacturing costs for whatever tier of Switch cart they need (no idea how big MvC2’s dump is) since they wouldn’t do it for Mega Man Legacy Collection which was practically 9 ROMs and a CD-ROM ISO.

I imagine that's just in the US and Japan will get it physically. I got all the Ace Attorney and fighting games collections from Japan so this won't change much from me, but disappointing for my US folks here.

Was funny watching the FGC guys have their souls leave their bodies earlier and then ask why MVC Collection wasn’t revealed at Evo
The gag is that the same thing could've been said for some other things we got in the last few weeks. For example: Were it not for the fact that Bison needed to be released before the cutoff period, that whole SF6 season 2 trailer, with Terry and Mai, could have been saved for EVO. Ditto the City of the Wolves trailer.

But if this is the stuff that Capcom and SNK wanted to get out before EVO officially kicks off, then maybe things might be more interesting than usual.

Back
Top Bottom