• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour Mario Movie sent back into production after poorly reviewed test screening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Yavga

Pipis collector
Pronouns
He
Twitter source

-----
"ALLEGEDLY the mario movie had a test screening in the spring that reviewed so poorly that they just. sent the whole thing back into production. and now nintendo has founded their own movie studio so its safe to say they are NOT happy w this"
-----

Absolutely no proof whatsoever yet but if this is true it can't take too long for something more to surface once it gains traction.

dynamo pictures have 100 employess and the deal have not even gone through yet,no way theres any relation to a film thats coming in 6 months

That’s now how animation filming works technically.

If it was in July screening. They would need to delay it further then 4 months. 4 months is nothing.

Movie may end up sucking, of course that’s a possibility. But this rumor is way off base how things works so it’s best to ignore.

That would be absolutely brutal if it’s true. Sadly it’s believable with how much illuminations recent films have just been meh and they seem to be coasting. Like making THE Super Mario movie gives you some incredible clout for future films due to the IPs size but conversely losing it like that can pretty much kill your ability to attract outside businesses.

Yeah, this is half baked suppositions connecting dots that aren’t there. I’m not saying the movie will be good, but seeing Nintendo’s acquisition of a mocap and support animation studio they’ve worked with in the past as support that they aren’t happy with one of the most successful animation studios in the world, especially while Miyamoto seems to keep praising them even in the most recent direct… it all feels like people are being weird and trying to will the movie into failing so they can laugh about it on Twitter.

Source is random tweet

Anyway, I still kinda believe this movie, I honestly can't wait to see first look and definitely going into cinema for this.

As some others have said, doing a fix that big would have taken much longer than a 4 month delay. I really doubt this is exactly true.

Yeah I don’t buy this.

Surely the movie could be lackluster but none of these details add up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom