• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Film Makoto Shinkai reveals his next animated feature film: SUZUME NO DOJIMARI, releasing fall 2022

JangleLuke

Rattata
Pronouns
He/Him

DeepL translation:
I am currently working on a new film, "Suzume no Dojimari". It's a road movie about Suzume, the main character, who travels around the archipelago trying to close the doors of misfortune. It's a road movie where the main character Suzume travels to close the doors, a modern adventure story, and an action movie where she fights with an entity. It should be a fun movie, so please look forward to it in the fall of 2022!

What does Suzume no Dojimari translate to? No clue, according to DeepL, it's something along the lines of: "Suzume's Door Shutting/Lock".

One of my favourite directors of all time.
Can't wait for the first trailer. The premis already sounds great.

If the pandemic isn’t still keeping me away from movie theaters, I’m looking forward to seeing this!

I hope it is something different from his last movies.
While I like his work, I hope to see something different in tone and story

I hope it is something different from his last movies.
While I like his work, I hope to see something different in tone and story

Agreed with this. Your Name and 5 Centimeters Per Second are two of my favorite anime movies ever, but by Weathering With You I kinda started to feel like he was kind of a one trick pony even if I liked it as well.

Agreed with this. Your Name and 5 Centimeters Per Second are two of my favorite anime movies ever, but by Weathering With You I kinda started to feel like he was kind of a one trick pony even if I liked it as well.
The ending of Weathering with you rubbed me in the wrong place.
For me it was egotistical. Like... fuck the planet, at least we can love each other and that during a time when this whole climate strike thing got really big.

The ending of Weathering with you rubbed me in the wrong place.
For me it was egotistical. Like... fuck the planet, at least we can love each other and that during a time when this whole climate strike thing got really big.

Yeah I also agree with this. I've seen people say it's a beautiful depiction of how powerful love is, that in the moment you'd choose one person over the planet but like....I can't get over how poorly it comes off to do that.

Back
Top Bottom