• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Make a comparison to BOTW

merp

Manakete
Pronouns
He/him
I'll start.

BOTW is like Famiboards.

How you might ask?

Well.........

...I like them both.

Runs away.

BOTW is like visiting Tokyo as a tourist...

...even if you have no idea where you should go or where you want to go, you always end up somewhere good.

When I joined Famiboards, it was the forum's Breath of the Wild moment
Famiboards truly defined gaming BBS communities for the generation.

While some might say it's overrated, I think IGN's 10/10 was well-deserved (and its 98 Metacritic score to boot!)

BotW is like Genshin Impact but with less enemies and designed for weaker hardware and for people with less mooney to spend.

Am I doing it right?

Playing Breath of the Wild is partying like it's '97.

I started 1st class in '97, so that was a wild year.

Botw = life.

It is up to the player how exciting they want the journey to be.
That's... kinda inspirational, ngl.

...Kinda like when Zelda says that inspirational line in the final fight with Calamity Ganon in Breath of the Wild.

Breath of the Wild is like going out for the day in a city you’ve never been to before, without a map or a plan. You might discover a cool restaurant, neighbourhood or view you never expected to find. Things might be different to how you expected. You might end up even finding getting around difficult until you work out the knack for it. It’s rewarding either way.

Breath of the Wild is like going out for the day in a city you’ve never been to before, without a map or a plan. You might discover a cool restaurant, neighbourhood or view you never expected to find. Things might be different to how you expected. You might end up even finding getting around difficult until you work out the knack for it. It’s rewarding either way.
The whole city of Chicago is a puzzle.

It's up to you to figure it out.

This was done to create more immersion and reward the player for being creative.

The whole city of Chicago is a puzzle.

It's up to you to figure it out.

This was done to create more immersion and reward the player for being creative.
The classic London one is that short journeys can require multiple tube changes to get anywhere if you’re just using the underground, and changing train lines at some major terminals can sometimes be a walk in itself. Until you look at an actual map and realise some stations that aren’t anywhere close on a tube map are a two minute walk overground and closer to each other than the time you’ll spend getting down to the platforms at some terminals. As the tube map is designed for legibility and journey planning, not an accurate measure of distance.

Turrican is the father of Breath of the Wild : wide open levels you can freely explore with lots and lots of secrets everywhere.

Back
Top Bottom