• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Deals Luigi's Mansion 2 HD, TLOZ: Echos of Wisdom, Super Mario Party Jamboree, M&L: Brothership, And DKCR HD Join The Nintendo Switch Voucher Program

The voucher system rocks ngl.

I wouldn’t be surprised if they’ll become absolutely appealing once the Switch 2 70$ price starts.

honestly, will probably do this for luigis mansions 2 and mario party with my next paycheck. makes both games a bit cheaper and I know I am going to get mario party digitally anyways.

Honestly super glad they have committed to the voucher system. I’ve been buying all of my first party games this way since TotK. Just bought another pair of vouchers for M&L and Echoes of Wisdom.

That direct prompted me to get a 1 Terabyte card. Time to start filling up! I may have to get 2 sets of vouchers for all 4 of em. Still questioning if I want another Mario Party this soon but Returns, Wisdom and Brothership are done deals.

That direct prompted me to get a 1 Terabyte card. Time to start filling up! I may have to get 2 sets of vouchers for all 4 of em. Still questioning if I want another Mario Party this soon but Returns, Wisdom and Brothership are done deals.
i just recently went back to Mario Party Superstars and never realized how lacking it is in the characters department smh

I had a spare voucher after TTYD so I was hoping they'd announce something I'd use it on this Direct. Unfortunately they announced both Zelda and Brothership so I'm stuck with the same problem again.

I usually wait 1.5 years for first-party digital games to drop to $40 on sale, but used the voucher program to get Cereza and Pikmin 4, a year or so ago.

I have about 6-8 first party games that have released in the last two years, or are releasing soon, that vouchers would be useful for (Luigi's Mansion 2, TTYD, Mario RPG, DKCR, the new Mario Party, and Zelda Echoes).

I saved $60 on these four games using Costco and vouchers. I really, really hope that the voucher program continues to Drake/Switch 2.

I saved $60 on these four games using Costco and vouchers. I really, really hope that the voucher program continues to Drake/Switch 2.
It's gonna become one of the best deal in gaming, if Nintendo truly follows the 70$ price tag, with the next MK and 3D Mario.

Like i can see the Voucher being more high value for the Switch 2.

It's gonna become one of the best deal in gaming, if Nintendo truly follows the 70$ price tag, with the next MK and 3D Mario.

Like i can see the Voucher being more high value for the Switch 2.
I got TotK and Pikmin 4 for $85 with vouchers and a points app I have called Fetch.

Nintendo could raise the prices of the vouchers when all of their games start selling for $70. If they keep them at $100, it would be a "loss" of $40 compared to $20 now. That 28.5% loss is close to the typical 30% retailer cut so there is less of a benefit to Nintendo if they keep the current price.

Not saying a price increase will happen right away but I think it's likely that as game prices so up, so will the vouchers at some point. Or it could be combination of increase in NSO sub price and voucher price to make each individual increase seem less noticeable.

Nintendo could raise the prices of the vouchers when all of their games start selling for $70. If they keep them at $100, it would be a "loss" of $40 compared to $20 now. That 28.5% loss is close to the typical 30% retailer cut so there is less of a benefit to Nintendo if they keep the current price.

Not saying a price increase will happen right away but I think it's likely that as game prices so up, so will the vouchers at some point. Or it could be combination of increase in NSO sub price and voucher price to make each individual increase seem less noticeable.
retailers take much less than 30%. the 30% is what nintendo takes from third party sales. retailers get a couple percent after that

Back
Top Bottom