• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion LTTP: Damn Gundam (Gunpla) are pretty cool to assemble

the_marmolade

Quality Assurance Tester in Video Game Industry
Pronouns
He/Him
The first time I ever model in my life so I chose to go down the Gundam route, I'm pretty chuffed with how it turned out.

IMG_20230729_210601_692.jpg

What next Gundam or Gunpla should I assemble next, also why don't they give you extra stickers :(.

Looks pretty good.

If you want to make the project bigger, better and little bit more challenging then you could also sand and paint it.

Pretty classic. That would be called decals. Or if you mean spares they figure you’ll be careful or paint. Panel lining is your next friend for adding detail.
As for suggestions, just look for a currently available HG and find what peaks your interest. Target carries a couple depending on your region. You might have a local store, Barnes and Nobles used to be good but they’ve gotten pretty low on inventory these days. Bandai has a pop up store in LA and there’s a hobby chain in the southeast that’s a flagship line

For Gunpla, just roll with HG for now and find a design you like. Even the older ones are fine.

If you are up for ordering through a specialty store like Bigbadtoystore or Gundamplanet your options open up. There’s some non Gundam high grade lines that are currently active with some fun picks, including Sakura Wars, Infinitism/Infinity(Dynamic pro mechs, including Mazinger Z, Getter Robo and Steel Jeeg), Wataru and Go-Saurer. And some random one offs. When you’re up for a bigger challenge RG Gaogaigar is amazing. The Dragon ball Figure-rise line is pretty cool but the stickers can be more challenging.

I won a Strike Freedom Gundam in a raffle in my college anime club. Worked out since I love that Gundam. Was fun to build with friends.

The first time I ever model in my life so I chose to go down the Gundam route, I'm pretty chuffed with how it turned out.

IMG_20230729_210601_692.jpg

What next Gundam or Gunpla should I assemble next, also why don't they give you extra stickers :(.
Nice job and good model to start. As @Mandos mentioned really the best option is just to find one you find nice and go from there. Also if you want to practice more before doing some paint job on any HG you can always get SD gundams, cheaper and faster to build even if you mess anything.

And since pics were already posted here are mine with the Turn A, Exia Dark Matter and the goddam Tryon 3 because Gundam need more super robots now

gZNgyQ7.jpg

BkmBRxa.jpg

Here’s a fun HG pair of mine from Wing

IMG_3547.jpg

My last build

IMG_6910.jpg

And here’s Hg Jeeg and a fun Amaim suit

IMG_4835.jpg

Need to get back to my current build of Piccolo

I actually got back into this recently! Did an HG Guncannon and it was nostalgic. Then I got a newer HG (Char's Zaku II) and was surprised a how intricate it was by comparison. I have another HG coming in with an HG F91 Gundam and a RF Zaku II to move up to when I'm feeling more comfortable using the tools. The dream would be to work myself up to that Perfect Grade Unleashed RX-78-2.

Back
Top Bottom