• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Previews Limited Run Games LRG3 Showcase (ft. Mega64) (Live-stream starting at 4:00 PM EST today! That's in 5 minutes!)

On one hand I'm excited to see what they can bring, on the other one not so much as their current processing line are clearly being stretched A LOT, and those "tipically 6 months" become a year, and some bad practices in the past year are worrying

They were originally a publishing company that turned to what they do now solely for a profit and have had multiple misleading special editions that have never appeared, manipulated stock for a self published game to make it rare and pricy. Also they’ve overextended themselves and take well over a year to actually fulfill their orders and that’s just for the base versions. And that was before the shipping market became a mess. There’s a really good video on why they aren’t great out there

And of course, let's not forget the supposed 'preservation' aspect they kept touting for ages, and followed that up with games which require an online activation and replacements require physically destroying the original before you get a replacement. The company has been a mess for a while and honestly, the other companies that do similar things have done much better overall releases. Just a shame LRG keeps getting some truly insane games...

They were originally a publishing company that turned to what they do now solely for a profit and have had multiple misleading special editions that have never appeared, manipulated stock for a self published game to make it rare and pricy. Also they’ve overextended themselves and take well over a year to actually fulfill their orders and that’s just for the base versions. And that was before the shipping market became a mess. There’s a really good video on why they aren’t great out there
Ah, so they were something back in the day.

Still, game announcements, right?

A whole lot of telling and not showing. I liked my Scott Pilgrim collectors edition so I’d be willing to bite if they actually SHOWED some stuff.

Last edited:
Some of this is great. Other stuff like the FMV games and bill and Ted are clearly meme releases banking off of AVGN popularity. But better than lost to time I suppose.

That montage lol "REMEMBER ALL THESE GAMES WE SAID THERE WERE NEVER EVER GOING TO BE PRODUCED AND/OR AVALIABLE AGAIN?? Yeah we have like 500+ copies in our store"

That montage lol "REMEMBER ALL THESE GAMES WE SAID THERE WERE NEVER EVER GOING TO BE PRODUCED AND/OR AVALIABLE AGAIN?? Yeah we have like 500+ copies in our store"
Yeah, the company has been a bit shit in that regards for a while now...

I really have to wonder, is there really a big audience for the FMV games? I understand it's important to have them avaliable for ffuture generations and all that, but they weren't good games at all. I tried corpse killer with a friend and even with nostalgia glasess I found hard to say "yeah, I need a copy of this" (granted, 3DO was never a thing here, so maybe I'm missing something)

Ive never had any issue with them, and I know they are slow, but I also know they aren’t a huge operation and know what to expect timewise when ordering from them.

For sure going to pick up Bladerunner and probably TMNT.

I do not think they are intentionally scummy, just that they bite more than they can chew sometimes and I feel there is miscommunication between them and the companies sometimes. But those instances have been few overall.

Dammit, i wanted doom eternal in physical but already bought throughout a good discount.

Where is Cuphead ??

Dammit, i wanted doom eternal in physical but already bought throughout a good discount.

Where is Cuphead ??
Pretty sure Cuphead gets a wider release through major retailers. Its a really big game that's even getting its own Netflix show.

Didn't watch the event but judging from the list of games they posted in their blog looks like I didn't miss a whole lot. I was already down for RCG2 and Konami Arcade Anniversary Collection (which was a question of when not if seeing as they handled the CV and Contra collections). I'll probably snag A Boy & His Blob to go with the WayForward version as well. Currently debating if I want to double-dip on Tetris Effect since I already have the PS4 version in physical format. Kinda weird that's going to a boutique / small batch publisher but here we are.

Plumbers Don’t Wear Ties oh my god
It was actually announced almost a year ago at their last "Not E3" event.

I really have to wonder, is there really a big audience for the FMV games? I understand it's important to have them avaliable for ffuture generations and all that, but they weren't good games at all. I tried corpse killer with a friend and even with nostalgia glasess I found hard to say "yeah, I need a copy of this" (granted, 3DO was never a thing here, so maybe I'm missing something)
I doubt there's a big audience, but this is what happens when you put Night Trap up for sale and it somehow does well enough. I feel like some of these games had pretty small print-runs originally or their platforms weren't all that big so the aftermarket prices on them are stupid high.

checks PriceCharting

Yup, that'd be it:

Ive never had any issue with them, and I know they are slow, but I also know they aren’t a huge operation and know what to expect timewise when ordering from them.

For sure going to pick up Bladerunner and probably TMNT.

I do not think they are intentionally scummy, just that they bite more than they can chew sometimes and I feel there is miscommunication between them and the companies sometimes. But those instances have been few overall.

These are basically my feelings as well. They have a vibe very reminiscent of Kickstarter projects so I treat them mentally the same: expect everything to arrive late and they're going to be punching above their weight a lot of the time so expect disappointment.

COVID I don't think did them any favors as it feels like their pipeline stalled out hard during it. It's only recently that I feel like things have started to ship a little more regualarly. The turnaround on the Axiom Verge pack was night and day compared with the Kunio/Double Dragon collection which was in production forever.

FWIW, I also only order regular editions from them and haven't had a bad experience yet because there's very little that can go wrong. I've seen some of the horror stories on the purple site so I know they're not perfect and probably need to slow down more and focus on quality control in the packing & shipping department.

Last thing I'll add is that I think they're trying to serve a lot of masters with their business. There's people like myself who simply just want a physical copy of a digital game. You also have people who want the collector's editions either for their personal reason or potentially as an investment they can flip on eBay later. There's also collectors who are trying to get "the whole set" which they definitely cater toward. There's also the retro enthusiasts and archivists who want to own a copy of retro games that they missed out on.

I think these groups have some overlap but there's also plenty of ways those groups are mutually exclusive. So I think they're trying to thread the needle as best they can while still trying to turn a profit and fund other ventures like their nascent book line (which Jeremy Parish is spearheading and actively working to expand).

Some pretty cool announcements. I will have to get the TMNT game from them.

I've never bought directly from LRG, mainly because of the shipping costs along with higher game prices. Sometimes I will get a game from Best Buy, but there are far more games that I would love to own.

RENDERING RANGER R2 for Switch & PS4/5 ?! AAAAAH !

YES ! Turrican Anthology + Rendering Ranger R2 the same year on the same console ?!

In for the Doom Eternal physical release on Switch, my god finally. I really just want it for my collection. I started it on PC late last year but need to get back to it.

Will eventually play it portably though.

FUmEs96WYAAU6tZ

FUmE4_XWAAAnRum

FUmGJ5_WQAAtUEO

FUmGSGrWUAI477j

FUmGlRjWYAAaA9s

FUmG4UGWQAM_0YP

FUmHJO8XoAAQg2o

FUmHW24WUAIdrgu

FUmH2b6WQAIVTr9

FUmICIoXoAMhWyR

FUmIbquXEAMFVu1

FUmJO-WWUAEU5lz