• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Film Lightyear | Teaser Trailer

That looks amazing, it's also really impressive how far Pixar's animation has come since the very first Toy Story.

To paraphrase a favorite writer of mine, I wasn't around for the birth of cinema, but I'm glad to be here for it's death.
It's one thing to base a movie on a toy, but basing it on a fictional toy?

Looks fun as a space adventure movie but I’m totally lost regarding the lore. I thought it was a movie about the guy the toy is based on? But it’s way in the future?

Looks fun as a space adventure movie but I’m totally lost regarding the lore. I thought it was a movie about the guy the toy is based on? But it’s way in the future?
As far as I understand it, in Toy Story the Buzz Lightyear toys and cartoon were based on a movie, like the Ghostbusters cartoon was, and this is that movie. Probably best not to overthink it. Looks amazing anyway, great trailer. Nice to see that Buzz's ship runs on crystolic fusion lol.

This looks gorgeous. Toy Story is my favorite and most watched film of all time, so when this was announced I was a little skeptical, but I really like this trailer. @GokouD above me is right. This is supposed to be the movie that the Buzz Lightyear toy is based on.

Into it.

Looks great, and I enjoy that the trailer didn’t give a whole lot away. Worked to get me interested, at least!

Lol wut? Not sure that needed to be made. Is buzz a toy based off this guy or does he planet of the apes himself in to a giant toy world? Also if there are other space rangers why don't they have toys? Is Al a racist? He had all of Woody's round up gang but an aisle full of only Buzz

I bet the plot twist is gonna be that this actually is a Toy Story prequel, but it's specifically all in Toy Buzz's head.

The ending is gonna have him launched into a blackhole or something, before cutting to reveal his "ship" is the box he came in, and "space" is the gift box it's currently covered with before Andy opens it up on his birthday.
cue credits

I'm waiting for the post credits scene that shows Andy watching this movie with his kid, and the kid wants a Buzz Lightyear toy or something, bringing things full circle.

Big Toy Story fan - film visually looks gorgeous but I'm curious to see the execution of the story.

Can I just say thank GOD they went with this idea instead of Toy Story 5. It was obvious that they were going to keep the Toy Story brand alive, but this is so much more creative than just another sequel. More like this please.

Last edited:
I'm waiting for the post credits scene that shows Andy watching this movie with his kid, and the kid wants a Buzz Lightyear toy or something, bringing things full circle.

Big Toy Story fan - film visually looks gorgeous but I'm curious to see the execution of the story.

I can 100% see this happening

More Pixar sci-fi is all the excuse I need for this story to exist.

Can I just say thank GOD they went with this idea instead of Toy Story 5. It was obvious that they were going to keep the Toy Story brand alive, but this is so much more creative than just another sequel. More like this please.
Pan over a dry desert expanse
"You know, round these parts, there's many a scoundral"
Quick cut of robbers chasing down a choach
"It's a lawless land..."
A man nearly asleep in a train car is suddenly woken by a bullet coming through a window as masked horseman draw near
"So I reckon..."
The camera now focuses on the speaker, showing the bottom of his yellow shirt and cow hide vest
"sometimes, a man"
camera pans up, and lingers on a bronze star upon his chest
"well, he's gotta become the Law."
REACH
quick cut: Woody on horseback extends his arm to a jumping passenger from the coach
FOR
A dozen men in black on horseback ride across the desert
THE
Woody loads a rifle from behind a building as gunshots ring out in the streets
SKY
Woody draws his pistol, camera cuts to black after he fires

SHERRIFF
Coming Holiday 2023

Last edited:
This Summer

"It's a lawless land..."
A man nearly asleep in a train car is suddenly woken by a bullet coming through a window as masked horseman draw near
"So I reckon..."
The camera now focuses on the speaker, showing the bottom of his yellow shirt and cow hide vest
"sometimes, a man"
REACH
quick cut: Woody on horseback extends his arm to a jumping passenger from the coach
FOR
THE
SKY

SHERRIFF
Coming Holiday 2023
They write themselves.

This Summer

"It's a lawless land..."
"So I reckon..."
"sometimes, a man"
REACH
FOR
THE
SKY

SHERRIFF
Coming Holiday 2023
...okay, I'd watch this.

Woody and Slinky Dog after completing a cross country, soul searching motorcycle trip. They have just finished what they set out to do in the first place, a drug deal.
Woody, realizing the hollowness and lost potential of their lives: "We Blew it, Slink."
Suddenly, Buzz hovers by on his space truck and blows them away with his space shot gun.
THE END

Back
Top Bottom