• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

News Life is Strange: Double Exposure announced for PC and consoles, coming October 29th (Nintendo Switch version coming later)

mazi

picross pundit

Developed by Deck Nine Games, LIFE IS STRANGE: DOUBLE EXPOSURE is an all-new supernatural murder mystery that will excite both new and returning players. LIFE IS STRANGE: DOUBLE EXPOSURE will launch on Xbox Series X|S consoles, PlayStation 5®, and PC on October 29, 2024, and is also coming to Nintendo Switch.

This i don't get. If the Switch version comes later it will come out when the Switch 2 is already a thing.

This i don't get. If the Switch version comes later it will come out when the Switch 2 is already a thing.
what's the problem? it could come to both. why drop support for the massive switch userbase when they've already ported all LiS games to it.

what's the problem? it could come to both. why drop support for the massive switch userbase when they've already ported all LiS games to it.
I'm guessing the game will be in the Switch presentation, which one of the higher up of square announcing they'll support the Switch 2, with games, like FF and Life is Strange.

Plus being a cross gen title for a brand new system is quite smart.

Finally, we eat.

Like, True Colours was good and all, but it rested on a really awkward premise. This feels like right at home for the franchise.

Really sad about the Deck Nine situation though. Screw 'em.

what's weird to me is that it's not coming to ps4/xbox one. SE just released games on both platforms the other day (octopath 1 and 2 respectively), and LiS is a series where i don't think the fanbase is likely to have all moved on to next gen.

Probably additional work being done.

That said the fact it's coming at all suggests LiS releases did very well on Switch

Personally I really enjoyed true colors

Great news, particularly the Switch part. It is good to see developers continue to support the platform. I am really curious about the evolution of Max and what new mechanics, if any, will the game bring. Life is Strange ports (at least, 1, Before the Storm and True Colors) look awesome on Switch so I would rather them take their time and continue this trend.

Highlight of the show for me. Never expected them to ever do a direct sequel to the first game.

Question is, will they make one of the two endings canon? If so, which one?

I know folks at Deck Nine, so I will openly admit that it's not a situation I can look at with totally clear eyes. But in a forum where distrust of Corporate Powers That Be seems to be the default, I was just startled that the reaction was direct at Deck Nine, a tiny studio trying to keep the lights on, and not at their corporate overlords. To quote the article directly

Much of the crunch, developers say, was the direct result of the relationship between Deck Nine and Square Enix. Several people told me it felt as though Square Enix had sold Life Is Strange to the lowest bidder, and that this was frequently reflected in production schedules with tight deadlines and small budgets. Multiple people were aware of producers being forced by their bosses and Square Enix to rework production schedules so it looked like every milestone fit within a very limited development time frame, despite their arguments that it was impossible. One called Square Enix – and specifically, Square Enix London, who Deck Nine worked with directly - “bullies.”

Another source elaborated, “Square always put a lot of pressure on our people, so that toxicity started to bleed into our environment too.”

Others I spoke to expressed frustration at Square Enix for a different reason: it was far too hands-on with the script. Sure, Life is Strange is a Square Enix’s owned IP, but sources told me Square Enix seemed oddly reluctant or outright hostile to the diverse themes and ideas that Life Is Strange fans love. For instance, multiple people recalled an incident during True Colors development where Square Enix told multiple developers it didn’t want Life Is Strange to be thought of as the “gay game.”

I know folks at Deck Nine, so I will openly admit that it's not a situation I can look at with totally clear eyes. But in a forum where distrust of Corporate Powers That Be seems to be the default, I was just startled that the reaction was direct at Deck Nine, a tiny studio trying to keep the lights on, and not at their corporate overlords. To quote the article directly

Yeah, I apologize to have made such a broad sweep, which is a wrong way of expression. I was referencing to "screw' 'em" as in, those people who has made the situation dire in the first place.

Yeah, I apologize to have made such a broad sweep, which is a wrong way of expression. I was referencing to "screw' 'em" as in, those people who has made the situation dire in the first place.
Oh no harm done. TBH, I just worried there was another shoe dropping somewhere that I had missed.

Bay before BAE? Will one ending of the first game be canonical for this sequel?

It sounds like both endings of LiS 1 will be canon, depending on which ending you got/chose. So it's just like one of those situations we saw in Telltale's TWD where Clem would end up in the same place regardless of the ending you got in a previous season, just with certain alterations.

$30 Ultimate Edition to get exclusive story content and the first two episodes two weeks early?

Predatory and just disgusting move, preying on folks not wanting to be spoiled.

Jesus, I hope DONTNOD can land their release date for Lost Records and just put Square to shame here. You have Square bringing back Max to bait fans, and then monetizing what was originally an innovative release schedule. Meanwhile, Dontnod is releasing their game in two episodes so an entire fan base can talk, theorize, etc. What a stark contrast.

Last edited:
Just watched the entire gameplay revelal.

Good stuff, I'm already attached to the trio. But the writing doesn't quite hit the more organic flow that the OG game had. Something tells me that I'll end up thinking that Lost Records might be the better game.

Awesome that they're continuing Max's story. I would have preferred if Dontnod was making it though. It's funny, during the Xbox show I actually ignored this segment cause I saw the Square Enix logo and thought it was going to be yet another Square RPG (and forgot that they publish the LiS games). And then a bit later on saw that a new LiS game was announced at the Xbox conference and was really confused :p

Not really interested in a sequel to LiS1. Wake me up when they do something with LiS2 (so wake me up never).

Back
Top Bottom