• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Let us decide once and for all! Who is the top video game Man? (Decided: See threadmark)

Peak of the video game Man

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gartooth

Universal Madness
Founder
Pronouns
He/him
The video game "Man" can come in all shapes and sizes. There have been many Man's discovered over the years with new ones still being found to this day.

Today I ask you all of the forum to decide who is the greatest Man of the Man's once and for all. Apologies if I have forgotten any notable Man in the poll.

Rayman has 100% of the vote and also warms my heart. Wonderful series and I hope to see another game one day. The original PSX game holds up super well, it's just incredibly hard but the level design is sublime. I also really dig the GBA Rayman 3, it's like another full 2D Rayman. I just got into Rayman 2 a couple years ago and dug it a lot. And then Rayman Origins and Legends are two all-time faves as well.

32f076e01fd2661414483f9d6159bacc12a699da_00.gif

That depends, are we counting Jumpman just as the 1981 Donkey Kong appearance, or does that count as Mario in general?

That depends, are we counting Jumpman just as the 1981 Donkey Kong appearance, or does that count as Mario in general?

I do not recognize "Mario", only Jumpman (aka the original 1981 version in "Donkey Kong") Base him on his sprite and early artwork from the arcade if you vote for him.

I like Mario the most from these, but he doesn’t really go by Jump Man so I decided to roll with Bomberman. I enjoyed a lot of his games growing up and the classic battle mode is a ton of fun. Tons of love for Big Man at the moment and he has already made a huge impact in such a short time, but I want to respect the legacy of the others.

I voted for Mega Man.

Not only is he my favorite Man, but nearly every foe he goes up against (and triumphs over) is also a Man, of some sort. Quite literally the best Man.

Like in terms of who's the biggest icon it's definitely Pac-Man. But I like Mega Man better

And it will always be Robotnik to me so ain't voting for that one

It's Spring Man from ARMS.

Who is Big Man anyway? Oh, the Splatoon 3 manta guy? Hmmm tough call in that case.

Tough call between Mega Man and Eggman, but Mega Man is a top 3 gaming franchise for me so blue bomber > bomber of blue hedgehog

Glad to see Pac-Man at the top, and glad to be the one to nudge him into the lead

He’s not just the best Man, he’s the best game character after Mario

I love Arms and all but I legit thought you were giving the random Mega Man boss a spot on the poll until I googled it so I guess that's an L for Spring Man

The OG Mario lore of Jumpman has my hype.

Was so nice to see in Odyssey, which was a huge callback to Mario's Jumpman days, people saying "Jump, man!" at the end of Darker Side.

I came in expecting to easily vote for Mega Man, but then I saw Rayman's name and had to go with him. I mean, I love Mega Man, especially the classic series, but I feel I love Rayman 2, 3, Origins, and Legends a bit more.

Also, hot take regarding Pac-Man: I never really embraced him as a character outside his classic 2-D pill-eating and maze-navigating shenanigans. Everything else I have played starring him has left me absolutely cold.

Also, hot take regarding Pac-Man: I never really embraced him as a character outside his classic 2-D pill-eating and maze-navigating shenanigans. Everything else I have played starring him has left me absolutely cold.
Same tbh, although I do have a bit of nostalgia for Ms. Pac-Man's Maze Madness.

It was a close battle in the polls but after a week the top video game "Man" has been decided!

Congratulations to Pac-Man! May we all be inspired by your example. Today we are all Pac-Man's.

We made the correct decision. Congratulations to the best Man in gaming!

SSBU_spirit_PAC-MAN.png

...wait, wouldn't we all be Pac-Men?

Back
Top Bottom