• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Let’s pretend all of Nintendo is reading Famiboards: What would you like to say to Nintendo?

I kinda regret making this thread. Some people cannot follow a single rule. I wanted this thread to maybe spread some positivity to Nintendo employees and that is not what happened lmao
it did for a second!

too bad some of y'all are being reaaaaal ass about it!!!

Thank you for sticking to your pledge to make a Mii game that is more inclusive and better representative of all players after Tomodachi Life lacked queer relationships, since we later got Miitopia which featured Mii relationships regardless of genderβ€”and polyamorous relationships, too, in a way!

However, as long as Mii characters remain locked into binary gender (and binary pronouns, as is the case in Miitopia), they still fail to be representative of many queer players.

So, Nintendo, if I could ask one thing in hopes that it may be seen and seriously considered by you, it would be the following:

Please, give us non-binary Mii characters with the successor to the Nintendo Switch!

Whether that be by way of adding a non-binary gender option, or by removing Mii gender entirely, I just wish my Mii could actually reflect my own gender identity, or at the very least not misgender me with the wrong pronouns.

You’ve been great about making customizable player characters more gender-neutral in your games in recent years, including using gender-neutral they/them pronouns in some cases, but please, don’t stop there!

(But, again, thank you for what you have done so far!)

EDIT: Damn, I was in the middle of writing this for awhile and didn’t realize when I posted that some drama was happening here, so sorry if I’m contributing to that; I thought my post was fairly positive (I stayed positive with the original #Miiquality campaign, too, after all) and that the thing that I felt most important to convey to Nintendo would be a rather understandable and welcome message, but whatever…

Last edited:
like do y'all even realize we just had an employee like confirm they read our shit? can you conceptualize humans on the other end of your nonsense?? like come on, for once in your lives!!!!!

i'm like split seconds from another breakdown so I better shut the fuck up before this is yet another knife at my back but I'm just really disappointed. jesus. come on.

you have every other thread in the world to complain and "haha demands" minus the fucking haha and plus some shit and like. can't this one damn thread just be what it's supposed to be?? or is that too much to ask???

EDIT: Damn, I was in the middle of writing this for awhile and didn’t realize when I posted that some drama was happening here, so sorry if I’m contributing to that; I thought my post was fairly positive (I stayed positive with the original #Miiquality campaign, too, after all) and that the thing that I felt most important to convey to Nintendo would be a rather understandable and welcome message, but whatever…
lmao you're fine your message was net positive and you actually like appear to have read the OP! lmao

radical concept

do stop the fucking slave labor though for real, that's fuckin' real. I don't consider saying that bundled in with "not being nice"

doubt anyone reading this is in charge of that, so. ehh. and I know it's an ~iNdUsTrY pRoBlEm~ but like. fuck. the state of electronics manufacturing is rough.

also acknowledging that some steps have been taken but I refuse to stop believing in a better world

I kinda regret making this thread. Some people cannot follow a single rule. I wanted this thread to maybe spread some positivity to Nintendo employees and that is not what happened lmao
I, personally, feel enthusiast online spaces about Nintendo stuff are a lot more positive in discussions versus the other competitors (I am a massive Xbox fan and for the past six years discussing the console has been, rightfully, a shitshow if you need a comparison lmao).

The creatives responsible for producing the hardware and software absolutely deserve their flowers, yeah. I'm honestly shocked that the need of a space for this is here in this forum of all places. (Granted I just lurk so I don't really know the tone of a lot of the main threads).

okay carry on I'll shut up now

Please refrain from making potentially morbid posts that could make other users extremely uncomfortable. -TC, BassForever, Phendrift, PS, Zellia, ISD
if Samus pregnant and go into morph ball mode, what happen to baby?

if Samus pregnant and go into morph ball mode, what happen to baby?
CjR7w5T.jpeg

Please refrain from joking about or calling into question another user's mental health. -Zellia, TC, ISD
Can we have a wellness check on Suswave, please?

More than a few gaskets may have been blown.

*Edit: no offence meant, I apologise if any was caused.

Last edited:
You shouldn’t. There are always people who do this stuff for shits and giggles.

You know what? I’ll elaborate on my earlier β€œdon’t change” post as I am feeling super positive today. So if they do read our posts, giving out some fist bumps all around.

With the don’t change remark I meant, stay true to yourselves. Nintendo isn’t completely oblivious to industry trends, but in general are less inclined to follow them. Especially from a design perspective and at times having moments where they can cater to people’s needs which they didn’t know they have.

That’s something I hope they can keep doing for a long time. One of the reasons why I get enthousiastic about Nintendo releases, is because their ideas about game design are pleasantly different at times compared to their peers in the industry. I can imagine non-Nintendo fans reading this and thinking β€œoh here we go, fanboy gibberish” but no, I appreciate other developers too. However, there are times where I feel that the majority of the industry just heads into a certain direction, starts hyperfocussing into a certain market and well… kind of lose sight what people really want.

In that aspect Nintendo is more like β€œwell, that’s great, but here is our new title” and just do their own thing. Mind you, it doesn’t always work, but in general most releases finds it audience and they eat it up. Some critical people might say β€œwell Nintendo fans eat up everything so no surprise there”, but that’s only part of it. Especially during the Switch generation their teams have been on fire and have released great entries in many series. We know in parts what Nintendo have done in regards to their dev teams and partners, but whatever you’ve been doing behind the scenes, just keep it up. It’s the reason why so many people are liking your releases.

Oh and another thing; you made some great progress with your third party partners, really impressive! I hope you can continue on this path for the Switch successor. It would be great to see the machine getting many releases from the get go this time around.

Make them give an update on Silksong! A teaser, a message saying they're even working on it, or an explanation that Covid kicked their butts or something. ANYTHING!

Thank your for the best generation ever and for so many good memories I’ve had playing your games with family and friends.

Ps: an excite truck/bots collection would be cool, thanks again :D

Thanks for the memories and the games suitable for everyone. There’s always something that makes me smile in your games, and I now share those same memories I formed in the 90s with my own kid as we play the games together.

Make them give an update on Silksong! A teaser, a message saying they're even working on it, or an explanation that Covid kicked their butts or something. ANYTHING!
I uhhhh don't think they get a say in Silksong.

The last time a company forced an internal date from Team Cherry to be external, we got Xbox giving a year that was incorrect, lmao.

ahem, but uh, structure of the thread...

Hi, Nintendo employees! We appreciate you. We know you don't know shit about Silksong. Hope we all get to enjoy it together soon!

Please make a good Animal Crossing without tools that break (except for the axe), with good dialogue for villagers and NPCs like in the Gamecube game and Wild World, good atmosphere and music like the first game, and lots of mini games and things to do. Really try to make a charming community sim. If we are able to leave the village for excursions, please don't let them be the same areas like the tiny islands from the New Horizons that the Dodos and Kapp'n bring us to. Let us go to thick forest for rare bugs and mushrooms, caves for gemstones and fossils, diving in deep lakes for treasures, etc. Kind of like the Explorer's Shores from Dragon Quest Builders 2 but maybe not as big. And please make it so we can choose the type of climate we'd like to live in. I want it to snow all the time in winter instead of almost every day in winter being blue skies and sunshine. I want it to storm more, too.
Addendum: please add the city back for an online interaction with random peers.

And please Nintendo, tell Capcom to remaster Megaman legends series.

Please add proper maintenance support in Brazil. Baby-ing all devices because we're eternally afraid of stuff breaking (even minor defects) and having to buy a brand new one to replace it just isn't fun!

Can we have a wellness check on Suswave, please?
Greetings, BowserIsMyFather β€”

I can confirm that I have no Mental Health whatsoever. I put all my stat points into Shitposting.

I'll consider rerolling for NG+, but please β€” don't hold your breath.

Thank you for your feedback!

Cheers,
Suswave

Hey Nintendo, it looks like Another Code Recollection just came and went, and Endless Ocean Luminous is one of the most critically lambasted games you've published in recent history. I just wanted to say that for whatever its worth, I've enjoyed both of them. Even though it may not be reflected in the balance sheet or even the metacritic scores, the smaller/niche titles are appreciated and cherished. Please keep them coming whenever feasible.

Back
Top Bottom