• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

StarTopic Lego Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga |ST|, PT and OT

This is probably a dumb question, but I want to be sure before I pick it up tomorrow: is the Switch version the same game as the others? Or is this one of those "have another development team create and entirely different game for the Nintendo platforms" situation?

This is probably a dumb question, but I want to be sure before I pick it up tomorrow: is the Switch version the same game as the others? Or is this one of those "have another development team create and entirely different game for the Nintendo platforms" situation?
The exact same game :)

Did anyone have the bug at the start where none of the characters loaded in?
It was hilarious watching lightsabers just swinging around with no characters holding them

Played a bit of this in handheld on the OLED tonight and I think some of the environments look far better than I would expect from a 3rd party Switch game.

There is a bit of pop in when sprinting but nothing too bad. Very happy with this port personally!

lol

I feel similarly because Lego doesn't ship pre-orders until the day after launch day. So I might be waiting until Friday for the game to finally arrive :(
Mine will be delivered Saturday to Monday šŸ™ƒ

Sounds like the split screen isnā€™tā€¦great? Iā€™m seeing that the performance suffers in coop and there arenā€™t any options for the camera - no way to keep it all on one screen like in the past and no way to split the screen horizontally instead of vertically.

2 days after launch and my official Lego order of the game has only just shipped :(

I love Legos and I love Lego games as just a chill good time, even if theyā€™re all pretty much the same. I went to get thisā€¦ I just wish I could get it without the last three movies lol

If I didnā€™t like the last three movies at all, but loved the first six, would I like this? How much is devoted to each trilogy?

I love Legos and I love Lego games as just a chill good time, even if theyā€™re all pretty much the same. I went to get thisā€¦ I just wish I could get it without the last three movies lol

If I didnā€™t like the last three movies at all, but loved the first six, would I like this? How much is devoted to each trilogy?
I don't think many have played it that far yet. All movies get their own chapter so probably equal amount to all. That said I have enjoyed many lego games even without liking the source material. And there certainly seems to be lots of content just for the first six movies.

And by the way, this one is not really just the same as other lego games.

I don't think many have played it that far yet. All movies get their own chapter so probably equal amount to all. That said I have enjoyed many lego games even without liking the source material. And there certainly seems to be lots of content just for the first six movies.

Can you elaborate on that last point? I havenā€™t really read anything about it beyond what I read two years ago before it got delayed. Cause even the ones that played different - such as Lord of The Rings and Lego City being very open world in a way - had the same gameplay groove as the others - and thatā€™s not a bad thing to me, I like that actually.

Can you elaborate on that last point? I havenā€™t really read anything about it beyond what I read two years ago before it got delayed. Cause even the ones that played different - such as Lord of The Rings and Lego City being very open world in a way - had the same gameplay groove as the others - and thatā€™s not a bad thing to me, I like that actually.
Well there are lots of changes in a gameplay and structure. What comes to mind is a different camera angle, redefined combat, skill tree. Gameplay overall feels different. I'm not that good at explaining so maybe you should watch some reviews. But there are lots of small things that have changed.

I feel like they've gone completely overboard in terms of crunching down the films to fit in the 5 level structure this time, just from my experince with the previous LEGO games.
For example, Phantom Menace is almost entirely compromised of vehicle levels (The submarine trip to Otoh Gunga, The pod race, the droid control ship battle.) with other notable scenes that had lengthy levels before getting relegated to short open world segments.

On the other hand, the stuff they did make into proper levels are really good. The grand fight between Anakin and Obi-Wan in Revenge of the Sith is suitably epic and visually stunning. Though i do miss the fun gameplay twist in the original where both players actually dueled each other, awkwardly throwing in CP-3O and R2-D2 is a really bizzare replacement.

I don't think it's that drastic, a lot of it has been experimented with in the other LEGO games. The combat was done in The Lego Ninjago Movie Game, The third person shooter elements were in the standalone Force Awakens LEGO game, a (much smaller) version of the objective filled open world between levels started in LEGO Indiana Jones 2, etc.

It's just blended together here and expanded heavily, making it feel more unique.

OKā€¦ so my copy of the game finally arrived. But! Iā€™m going to be out most of the day meeting a friend and watching Sonic 2.

Truly, woe is me šŸ˜«

Just started the game by playing through The Phantom Menace last night and it was really...boring? I hope it gets better becuse I am not really impressed with "follow this yellow dot to progress in the story and maybe push some buttons along the way". The older Lego games felt like actual games. This so far feels more like a bad interactive movie.

Also even the parts that were "game-focused" like the Pod-race felt really bad. There wasn't even music in that segment ffs.

Just started the game by playing through The Phantom Menace last night and it was really...boring? I hope it gets better becuse I am not really impressed with "follow this yellow dot to progress in the story and maybe push some buttons along the way". The older Lego games felt like actual games. This so far feels more like a bad interactive movie.

Also even the parts that were "game-focused" like the Pod-race felt really bad. There wasn't even music in that segment ffs.
I think the real game comes when you're "done" with the story and go back to the levels in free play

The podracing level was weird indeed without music

I think the real game comes when you're "done" with the story and go back to the levels in free play

The podracing level was weird indeed without music
Thatā€™s kind of disappointing honestly. Free play is cool but I was hoping for some tight action just by playing through the storyline.

Thatā€™s kind of disappointing honestly. Free play is cool but I was hoping for some tight action just by playing through the storyline.
I barely played but now it's like they chose to make you play the parts in-between action scenes. Before that even the underwater chase was really lacking any atmosphere and challenge

I canā€™t decide on whether I should get this for the switch or the PS5. Is this the type of game that you can play in short bursts (which would suit me better on switch), or should I just go for the nicer looking PS5 version?

I finally got it, and have to say I really appreciate that the big size option of the subtitles is actually big (looking at you GoW).

Level structure is really really different from the other Lego games. They are MUCH, MUCH shorter. Like, around 10 minutes long. (When the most recent one I played, Lego Marvel Super Heroes 2, had levels being around 30 to 45 minutes long to complete when trying to get as much as possible in a first run)
Emphasis is on action for the levels, and exploration for the open world.
In previous games, open world was always just a huge hub with optional missions (Lego Lord of the Ring, Lego Marvel...). In this one, the open world is much more important, with most of the story gameplay actually taking place in the open world (kinda like Lego Undercover was already starting to experiment with). For instance, you'll be surprised if you start the game with The Phantom Menace, because the classic Negociation level from the first Lego Star Wars game, the very first level... Isn't even a level in this one ! Just a part of the open world.

Phantom Menace is by far the worst one I've played so far (completed 1, 2, 3 and 4.)
It's 3 vehicle levels, an ok boss level against Maul (the boss levels from Attack of the Clone and especially Revenge of the Sith are much much cooler), and a mediocre "traditional" action level.

Very weird introduction to the game if you start with episode 1 (which I imagine most people will do.)

As a side note : jesus, the voice acting is excellent in english lol. Straight up feels like the real actors 90% of the time (and even when you can clearly tell it's not them, it's still excellent, professional, voice acting)

Picked this up on PS5 to cheer myself up (bad habit I know), and I've been having a blast, even if the pacing is a little odd. I think I'm gonna go out of my way to get 100% on this game; seems like it'll be nice to play for little bits at a time working on stuff after I finish the story.

reminder that this was added to Xbox Game Pass today, in case you missed it. Both the Xbox One/Series and PC versions should be included if you're on ultimate.
it's a fairly lengthy game, so you'll definitely be getting your money's worth.

Back
Top Bottom