• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Manga Volume 11 comes out April 12 and concludes the longest manga based on a Nintendo game.

Mer.Saloon

Tingle
Pronouns
He/Him
81JyzYa9NVL.jpg

(Single game, not a whole franchise, so Pokemon Adventures or Super Mario Kun does not count.)

And I got my copy early. :3 It's been years coming but now the Twilight Princess saga concludes. Hard to believe this manga has been coming out every month ever since Twilight Princess HD arrived in 2014. And honestly, this is everything I ever could have wanted from a Zelda adaptation at all. This is easily one of the best pieces of Zelda media out there and has even increased my opinion of the game itself.

This volume is mainly about the final fight with Ganondorf. But holy crap, what a final fight. He does not go down at all, and at the end of the day he goes out on his own terms. What a badass Ganondorf is.

I loved how Ocarina Link also shows up to give Twilight Princess Link some final advice and do a little father son Kamehameha action.

That final goodbye between Midna and Link really did tug on my heartstrings. It's just been so long coming and that final kiss. Sheesh.

Wild to think it took us this long to even get it in the first place, because of the CERO rating caused Nintendo to freak out (never mind Coro Coro Comics promotes stuff with even CERO C and CERO D ratings and continues to do so to this day). Still, glad we got it and it's finished.

I need to pick it up but what I skimmed through, seemed like a really decent adaptation (and noticeably different in style of the duo's usual manga from what I saw). Do we know what their plan is right now after Zelda's been finished?

Wild to think it took us this long to even get it in the first place, because of the CERO rating caused Nintendo to freak out (never mind Coro Coro Comics promotes stuff with even CERO C and CERO D ratings and continues to do so to this day). Still, glad we got it and it's finished.

I need to pick it up but what I skimmed through, seemed like a really decent adaptation (and noticeably different in style of the duo's usual manga from what I saw). Do we know what their plan is right now after Zelda's been finished?
I don't think they've said what they were doing just that it was a surprise. They were also working on a Star Wars manga for a while but that concluded a while back.

I have all the french volumes, it's a really solid series. It's impressive what the authors were allowed to do with Link sometimes.

Still not sure which is the most impressive between Link getting his arm chopped off in volume 1 or getting openly kissed by Midna in the last one.

Last edited:
It's unfortunate that this isn't digital, but I might be inclined to buy paperback. I would love to collect manga but it takes up so much damn space.

I don't suppose there's any chance of an omnibus.

I have a few volumes packed somewhere. Once I find them and know for sure what I've got, I'll pick up the rest and read it all in one go. Been very curious about it!

It's unfortunate that this isn't digital, but I might be inclined to buy paperback. I would love to collect manga but it takes up so much damn space.

I don't suppose there's any chance of an omnibus.
Maybe many years away. Its hard getting a hold of the earlier volumes.

I should find a way to read this.

Always did like some aspects of Twilight Princess
I recommend it a lot. It takes the best of Twilight Princess' story and fleshes it out in a way you get best in a non-interactive format. We get to see more of the moving cogs in the storyline that kind of come out of nowhere in TP the game or are just hinted at. It really does bring it all together while respecting the source material.

There's someone selling the 10 current published volumes in Amazon for ~100 dollars. Could bite, looks interesting, but video games alone bite too much of my wallet lol

There's someone selling the 10 current published volumes in Amazon for ~100 dollars. Could bite, looks interesting, but video games alone bite too much of my wallet lol
The entire series is on sale on Righstuff right now, 7 dollars per volume.

I think I might go for it.

The entire series is on sale on Righstuff right now, 7 dollars per volume.

I think I might go for it.
Oooh. That's a good deal there since the standard is 10 a volume.

Oooh. That's a good deal there since the standard is 10 a volume.
Went ahead and ordered them all. I got some space on a lower shelf to put 'em in, so we'll see how this goes. TP is a Zelda game I'm somewhat ambivalent about, but a manga is a great chance to explore its story and setting in a more fleshed out way so I'm very curious about it.

Easily the best and most developed on in the whole series with Skyward Sword or Spirit Tracks vying for second.
I agree, though I would say that Spirit Tracks still probably has the best Zelda overall simply by the fact that she's with you the entire journey and it's her that grows the most both in a physical and emotional sense.

...Plus despite how awkward it is I got to control both Zelda AND Link for the final fights and that is an awesomeness I probably will never see again.

Back
Top Bottom