• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Latest Firmware Update for NSW reveals that My Nintendo Missions and NSO Events may be coming to Nintendo Switch Online

Hidden04

Like Like
Banned
Pronouns
He/Him

Just found this after doing some research online. I think this would a great addition to NSO. What do you think Fami?

Thanks to MondoMega for the heads up.

Last edited:
Now that My Nintendo rewards are actually worth something I'm glad Nintendo is hopefully providing some decent options to get some more platinum points. I've been watching so many expire over the months.

It's Nintendo so I'm not getting excited yet, but if they will introduce something like timed achievements that would be kinda interesting, the question for me would be what will achieving them unlock?

Now that My Nintendo rewards are actually worth something I'm glad Nintendo is hopefully providing some decent options to get some more platinum points. I've been watching so many expire over the months.
I hope they continue the trend of the kind of cool stuff they had for Skyward Sword and Dread.

Not sure why it’s taking this long to get My Nintendo rewards from playing Switch games. It should’ve been in at launch. They had missions in their mobile games since before Switch even launched. This should’ve been built in to Switch day one.

If they're more like platinum points that you can use to get physical or digital rewards then count me in!

If they're just achievements/e-peen points then bye felicia

Makes sense. I just checked and it looks like they removed their physical rewards. Hopefully gearing up for a revamped system.

The most appealing platinum rewards right now are 3DS themes and phone wallpapers lol. What year is it
They actually have physical rewards now again. They had some pretty amazing Metroid posters earlier this month

Hopefully by the time the Succ rolls around all of this stuff (+on system voice chat) will be fleshed out and incorporated from the beginning.

I always found it odd you couldn’t earn platinum points on the Switch similar to how it was done with the 3DS/Wii U. Though, it was pretty barebones and all you had to do was login into the eShop.

I’m curious to see what kind of missions they would do with this.

If it leads to tangible rewards, I'm intrigued.

Otherwise I'll turn off notifications as soon as I'm able like I did on 360 and PS4

You've been able to use coins for tangible rewards for a long time. Nothing on the level of the old Mario Kart trophies from club Nintendo Europe, but still some decent stuff. (You have to pay for shipping now though)

If they're more like platinum points that you can use to get physical or digital rewards then count me in!

If they're just achievements/e-peen points then bye felicia
It could be achievements that you use as currency to buy rewards, that would be really cool.

If this means we can get a full poster of all the Smash characters, I'm all for it.

You've been able to use coins for tangible rewards for a long time. Nothing on the level of the old Mario Kart trophies from club Nintendo Europe, but still some decent stuff. (You have to pay for shipping now though)
I guess that's been my problem, the last time I felt I got something of quality from MyNintendo was the Gold Nunchuk for Wii to match my Skyward Sword Wiimote and GoldenEye Wii Pro Controller lol (that free* plus shipping Christmas ornament last year left a lot desired)

Maybe this will be the reboot we've been hoping for

There was that period where you could awards with Xbox achievements. That lasted all of 2 seconds.
I don't recall this at all and yet this is completely unsurprising it got axed before it took off

It's a bit late to introduce achievements (if that's the idea) almost five years into the console's age.

"Have Sonic drown until you lose all your lives in Sonic the Hedgehog 2"

Yeah MyNintendo is cool now for the physical rewards. Want them to add select digital games like they once did now.

There are quite a lot of nice, physical My Nintendo rewards. For example, the Splatoon 2 postcard set is pretty great. It can be a bit annoying that the European and US My Nintendo stores have different rewards, though.

I‘m excited for a potential addition of My Nintendo missions to Switch. I really struggle to get enough Platinum Points for all the rewards, so an additional way to get Platinum Points is very welcome.

I think My Nintendo Missions would probably be like achievements where you complete objectives in different games, and then you get an achievement and platinum points, which you spend on physical rewards. It would be cool if this is how they introduce game discounts, but I am not holding my breath.

My Nintendo rewards could be cool. I hope it doesn't become an intrusive addiction baiting thing though.

I can't believe it's almost 2022 and the only Integration between Switch and MyNintendo is gold coins lol.

No missions, no sign in bonus for switch services, and STILL no discounts on switch games. The Wii U and 3DS keep getting discounts, years after they've died. Nintendo makes no sense sometimes.

Back
Top Bottom