• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Official Tweet Koei Tecmo dosent want to be your Valentines

the_marmolade

Quality Assurance Tester in Video Game Industry
Pronouns
He/Him
Its offical Koei Tecmo dosent love you.

About declining gifts for Valentine's Day and White Day

This is actually a pretty common thing in Japan, people sending fictional characters gifts on their birthday or valentine's day.

Case in point, here's an actual psychical event done just to celebrate those blue & pink-haired girls birthdays.
They're working on a Touken Ranbu game currently, which is especially popular for this sort of thing. So it makes sense for them to make an announcement like this.

This is actually a pretty common thing in Japan, people sending fictional characters gifts on their birthday or valentine's day.

Case in point, here's an actual psychical event done just to celebrate those blue & pink-haired girls birthdays.
They're working on a Touken Ranbu game currently, which is especially popular for this sort of thing. So it makes sense for them to make an announcement like this.

Based on Toukiden?

Koei Tecmo has unironically turned out to be one of my favorite publishers mainly for their Switch output. I may have a crush on them.

I don't know how to take all this in, other than... this is body-pillow capitalism taken to its weirdest excess yet, so I'm kinda glad Koei Tecmo opted to say no to it for at least a year?

Back
Top Bottom