• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Official Tweet Kit Ellis (Nintendo Minute) Leaves Nintendo On His 13th Anniversary At The Company (Update: Kit and Krysta Are Back With Their Own Podcast!)

• Thread starter Deleted member 1676
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 1676

Here is Kit’s Tweet confirming his departure from Nintendo.

I must say, as someone who watched Nintendo Minute regularly, this does make me a little sad to see - but obviously these folks have been at Nintendo for over a decade, so new opportunities are undoubtedly within reach. I wish them both the best - just emotional to see the end of a Nintendo Era that is Nintendo Minute, as well as hearing them on Nintendo Power Podcast and at E3.

Wasn’t the office he worked at closed? If so, probably just didn’t want to relocate.

He did a great job and is the sort of personality I like being around Nintendo.

Wasn’t the office he worked at closed? If so, probably just didn’t want to relocate.

He did a great job and is the sort of personality I like being around Nintendo.
Oh, that may have very well been the case! I didn’t even think about that.

Yeah, I think it's likely he and Krysta simoly didn't want to relocate to Washington. Best of luck to them! Lots of memories watching Nintendo Minute over the years.

Man, I figured this might be coming after Krysta left - but it's sad to see it happen.

I've watched every Nintendo Minute and it feels like with them both leaving its truly the end of an era.

I wish Kit (as well as Krysta) the best with their future endeavors though!

Yeah Kit and Krysta specifically work for marketing and sales, and that is the office that closed. Don’t blame them for wanting to relocate and I think Krysta has small children.

If it was me I would relocate cause holy shit is the Bay Area absurdly expensive lol

We should see if Kit or Krysta wanna come hang out on FamiBoards

(if they're not already here....)

Yeah, this was expected, alas. Given Nintendo was shutting down their office, it was either move to Washington or leave with what severance package they had for the team. Ending the Nintendo Minute show was the sign this was coming.

Hopefully both Kit and Krysta have good luck finding their next step forward!

It’t unfortunate, he seemed to be good at his job.

But I have trouble being sad about it outside of the employees who were displaced like Kit. We already had one story of how things at the California office were pretty awful (won’t necro the thread by posting it, search “Katie Casper” here or at Google). When you combine this with the fact that the head of the office (Nick Chavez, SVP of Sales and Marketing) resigned instead of relocating as was offered for everyone else, it gives an impression Nintendo wasn’t happy with the office and/or Doug Bowser‘s replacement in some capacity and gave the SVP the resignation path instead of firing him. Expensive office space, problems with bad/hostile work culture, perceived failures of leadership… it just sounds like the satellite offices were a bad idea that has now negatively affected good people when it came time to course-correct.

It's too bad really. I understood to need to have offices in California to get access to more talent.
I dont understand the recent closure of those offices, how much money are they saving really and how good is the talent pool in the Seattle metro area that they are giving up the Cali talent.

It's just pointless penny pinching in my eyes.

It's too bad really. I understood to need to have offices in California to get access to more talent.
I dont understand the recent closure of those offices, how much money are they saving really and how good is the talent pool in the Seattle metro area that they are giving up the Cali talent.

Like Terrell above said it's possible that there was a good amount of problems within their Cali offices. So I don't think penny pinching was the reason.

I feel like Kit and Krysta were the last remaining pieces of 'old' Nintendo from the Wii U and 3DS era.., Iwata has passed away, Reggie is gone, Damon Baker went to Microsoft.. and Bill Trinen haven't show up in anything public since.. the E3 2018 showfloor, I think?

Man.. it's weird to feel nostalgic about something that is not that "long ago", but the new public faces of Nintendo doesn't feel the same way; Not the same charisma..

Wish Kit and Krysta all the best on their future endavors.

Well, for one, to avoid issues, it may be better for NOA to have them all in the same building. Aside of course from the high cost associated with it.

As for talent pool, there’s large talent pools everywhere not just California, and remember, this is a sales and marketing office. I think one of the biggest mistakes is people thinking talent pools can only be found in one area, especially with a company like Nintendo where many would love to work for them.

Even that said, offering employees relocation offers is a good sign they did find value in that staff. They could just have laid every single one off, which would be more upsetting.

But I understand not everyone wants to relocate due to family, etc.

(I would though cause CA is just too much)

I teared up. It does look like his leaving is planned as a long goodbye, nice they (Nintendo) let him film his last day.
Amazing office too. I think most people would have thought he was working in a cubicle. but nope.

Back
Top Bottom