• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Kim Petras becomes the first trans woman to achieve #1 globally on Spotify with Unholy.

Marce-chan

Magical Girls <3
Pronouns
They/Them

I think that's huge(and great) news so thread worthy. Sam Smith's Unholy featuring Kim Petras achieved #1 on Spotify. That's historic as it's a song by two trans people, a non binary person and a trans woman charting #1 on the biggest streaming platform.

Previously, the Porto Rico non binary trans woman Villano Antilano was the only openly trans/non binary people to chart on global top 50 of Spotify with her Bizarrap session.

Don't care for either of them musically but this is still really cool. Grats to them!

I don't think this song is very good but I hope that this will show her that there is a career for her out there that isn't just the same Dr. Luke production over and over again.

Back
Top Bottom