• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Steam Kan Gao will make you cry: Go play To The Moon, A Bird Story, Finding Paradise, and Imposter Factory

Pronouns
She/Her
It's hard to say anything about Imposter Factory without spoiling it but I will say that much like To The Moon and Finding Paradise it's a very emotional game with some tear jerking moments. It starts off as a murder mystery horror game but it doesn't complete 180 pretty quickly into that premise.

The other thing to know is that it's effectively a sequel to both To the Moon and Finding Paradise which you should play first. It's one of only a small number of games that's made me weep like a baby. They're not so much sad as they are deeply emotional. So many games are about action and getting you pumped but these are more about making you feel feelings. They go from moments of humor and joy to moments of sadness and grief to moments of joy all over again.

The core premise of the series is a company called Sigmund has made a medical treatment for the elderly and dying that gives them comfort as they go. It goes back into their memories and rewrites their life story so that whatever they had wish they had accomplished in life will be what they remember as their life flashes before their eyes. You witness the events of people's lives out of order, backwards in the first game, and nonlinear in the second game, living their life as they did.

The POV characters are Dr Eva Rosaline and Dr Neil Watts, who are a comedy duo of psychiatric detectives. Eva Rosaline is the straight man and Neil Watts is the wise guy. But even with them there's more to the pair than meets the eye. As they traverse the memories of their patients, we see stories both happy and sad. All of this is reinforced with the amazing music of Kan Gao and Laura Shigihara.

Anyway it's available on both Steam and Switch and I highly recommend all of them.

Played them all and I‘d say Finding Paradise is the best game out of them. Impostor Factory lacks a bit in gameplay (I know that this is a problem of all those games, but still) and was structered in way I didn‘t like. Otherwise the story is very interesting and always emotional and funny at the same time. Very well made games that are definitely worth to be checked out.

Note to german speakers: Play Impostor Factory in english. The german translation is really bad.

Last edited:
Among Us memes have become so ingrained in my mind that when I saw the title "Impostor Factory", i immediately thought of Among us lmao.

I'm saving Imposter Factory for my indie game binge that I do around Game of the Year season but I have high expectations, it looks great. I loved To the Moon and while I thought Finding Paradise dragged at points and the humor didn't really work, the ending hit me like a ton of bricks and my appreciation for it has only grown in the years since I played it since certain bits of the story hit me really hard in the years since. A Bird Story is....ultimately something that felt kind of pointless, though, and I thought it did very little to enhance Finding Paradise too.

Back
Top Bottom