• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Sales Data June 2022 NPD: PS5 1st in revenue, Switch 1st in units. Elden Ring #1(Top 10 in all-time), Lego Star Wars #2, Mario Strikers #3

Abzeronow

Koopa
Pronouns
he/him

Really good month for PlayStation. Switch was second in revenue, PS5 second in units.

Elden Ring has been first in dollar sales for four of it's five months. It's entered the Top 10 in all-time best selling premium games in dollar sales.

Final Fantasy VII Remake was the 9th best selling game of June. Remake was last in the Top 20 in May 2020.

elden ring's performance is just insane. even the most optimistic estimations could have never predicted this.

demon slayer got a nice bump.

Hope this ends Strikers doom posting commercial wise, this doesn't defend the lack of content of the game ofc but at least people will stop acting like it flopped.
And unlike Mega EA or Activision franchises, the sales expectations is quite reasonable in-line with other sports titles.\

We'll know soon enough how quickly it inters the million seller and multi-million seller club and if it actually underperformed not based on online narratives.

I was not surprise of the switch bump in japan for demon slayer, but I did not expected in the US. I know its super popular here.

Kirby still top 10.
kirby-bandana-dee.gif

Kirby is hanging on strong which is great to see and Switch Sports is in the top sellers per dollar for the year despite being a cheaper title.

Hope this ends Strikers doom posting commercial wise, this doesn't defend the lack of content of the game ofc but at least people will stop acting like it flopped.
There is flopping commercially, and then there is flopping in perception. You only get so many times to make a perception, and honestly Strikers BL could be a poison pill for the series. I have almost never seen a Nintendo focused online game drop this quickly too. Even ARMS had interest for maybe 6 months.

Kirby might be one of the only titles outside of your usual evergreens to sell 1M outside their quarter launch. At this point it might have outside last known Kirby Star Allies numbers (3.4m)

There is flopping commercially, and then there is flopping in perception. You only get so many times to make a perception, and honestly Strikers BL could be a poison pill for the series. I have almost never seen a Nintendo focused online game drop this quickly too. Even ARMS had interest for maybe 6 months.
Based on what? It is selling well domestically and internationally.

One should probably ask how well did Strikers do in comparison to Golf to make the claim if it's a hit or a bomb. Third place in retail on launch month isn't really overwhelmingly positive nor negative, and it's clear weird emotionally charged reactions are being made around it.

This sounds like how people talked about Mario Tennis and that kept selling despite the buzz quickly fading.

I’m really interested in finding out Switch Sports’ actual sales numbers next month. It seems like it’s been crushing it ever since launch.

Hopefully with the success of Strikers. We can get a sequel sooner and be much better. I don’t mind added content. This one just felt like a side project to NLG or rather the perception Nintendo showed to us is that it feels like a side project.

This one is so mediocre and a downgrade from the original 2. Feels more like missed potential then anything else

As someone who loves Dark Souls but who doesn't own hardware that can run it, I am already praying the Super Nintendo Switch Ultra Drake - 4K Model will get a port. Don't leave me hanging, Bandai Namco.

As for the Strikers numbers: I am not surprised they are good considering it's a Mario Sports game released for the Switch. But yeah, it's a very thin package its price and the numbers make me somewhat worried Nintendo will maintain this awful approach to the Mario Sports titles.

And I say this as someone who had fun with Battle League and got, so far, about 40 hours out of the whole thing.

Even if Strikers underperforms, Switch Sports and Splatoon 3 will likely keep Nintendo confident with the "update later" approach

The most optimistic people were saying “it’ll outsell Horizon”, and laughed at for it
That should have been obvious from the beginning. Elden Ring is multiplatform and any hype Horizon had immediately got drowned out by Elden Ring hype. People were underestimating it from the jump.

That being said, it selling this good is completely unexpected. It's truly Skyrim for the next gen.

Never would’ve thought a game like Elden Ring could capture this generation of gamers like it has. So wonderful.

It’s kinda ironic the way it captured its audience outside the typical Miyazaki production bc that first few weeks, Content creators basically normalized and made it cool to show themselves getting their asses kicked. That would usually scare off potential newcomers lmao. And we know games nowadays basically design themselves to be as rewarding as possible to keep the interest of the smaller attention spans.

Xbox is doing insanely well. Kudos to Phil Spencer for bringing that brand back from the brink to where it is now.

I have a feeling Nintendo’s going to continue to have a lock on that number one spot for a long time, especially when the new one releases. That dollars sale will rise as well.

Elden Ring Top 10 all time was walked back.

Yep that sounded weird and I'm curious about what the US top-10 list they came up with looked like
Elden Ring sales are pretty impressive with 13m worldwide in a few months but that's nowhere near the all-time top 10 worldwide
The Top 50 worldwide is over 22m sales, so in the US lots of stuff would need to have underperformed to create a difference like that, though maybe in dollar sales it's a different story

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom