• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion It's Pride Month. you know what that means

Clov

An ethernet cable girlfriend
Pronouns
She/Her
That’s right! It’s time for you to support a bunch of queer game devs on Itch.io!

Now I know here on the Family’s Board, we are all about supporting the devs! Why, I’ve seen first hand many people insist that we gotta buy one AAA game or another to support the devs. But what if you could give directly to indie devs with corporate losers and platform holders taking as little money as possible, potentially none? That’s where Itch.io comes in! It’s pretty much the best way you can support queer devs short of just handing them cash directly! Plus as a bonus, there’s a cute little badge you can get for completing a queer Itch.io title on the forum this month.

Wow! Games are amazing! But there’s literally just too many for me to sort through. Where do I start?

Don’t worry; if you’re totally overwhelmed by how many amazing looking queer games are out there, I got some suggestions to get you started, with banners made by the amazing and lovely @MondoMega ! Thanks Mondo! To make it easy for you, I'll even link directly to the Itch page in the first sentence of my write-up! They're all just one click away! Now, let’s begin with…

Free Games

These games cost nothing at all. But if you really wanna support the devs (and of course you do!), you can still give a donation to them through the game’s Itch page!

OWAlHW7.png

Formerly known as Bloodborne Kart, this now legally-distinct has arrived at the finish line at last! Race through tons of spooky courses, drift to gain aether to boost with, use weapons to knock your opponents off-course! The combination of the dark, gothic aesthetic with the Mario Kart-esque gameplay and music is very amusing and very memorable. This one is just packed to the brim with STUFF; a full story mode with two different endings, and a free play mode with numerous match types. There’s your standard races, deathmatch, capture the Insight… there’s a lot of variety and creativity on display. And, for a fun bonus, try entering “yeag” into the cheat menu to unlock a certain bunny…

WkwMuJD.png

Take some time to learn just what’s in a name in this short visual novel! A mysterious runaway arrives at a shop with an unusual request- to take a name away. But as one cannot stay unnamed for long, the owner provides the runaway with a few names to sample… This story is very charming and the artwork is really cute! It takes a very common experience shared by many trans people, and makes it into something magical. A must play!

XcbU9JT.png

Sylvie has become a green lime! Are you good at platformers? How about exploration? Do you want to REALLY push yourself to the limits? Then give Sylvie Lime a go! Explore a strange digital world as Sylvie (who has become a green lime), collect strange items and abilities to reach new places, and face challenging boss fights! If you’re charmed but find the game too difficult, you can always use the Fun Time Options to adjust your experience. If you stick with this one, you just may discover a wonderful Girls Love story just underneath the surface…

wWst62P.png

A simple question, and one that eats at many trans people’s minds. It’s a complicated topic; for some it’s not the goal at all, for some it’s merely a matter of safety, for others it's extremely important. There’s no way you can really know what someone else thinks of you, whether they’re just being nice… but what if you could know for sure? In this short but replayable Game Boy game, you play as a transgender woman who finds a spell to astrally project herself on a bus ride. From there, she can read the thoughts of those around her to see if she really passes or not. The gameplay is simple, but the writing is strong. Though this title is a bit more serious, it’s well worth a look.

u8u84nn.png

Lucy’s moved away from her parents, staying with a friend… but she needs a job. After a long period without any luck, Lucy finally gets a lucky break at a mysterious shop called “Spare Parts” when the owner, “Owen” hires her on the spot. Lucy can’t help her own curiosity, and soon discovers that there’s something much more to her new workplace… Spare Parts is a must play for visual novel fans, featuring fantastic art and a really fun cast of characters! And if you find yourself charmed by this one, there’s one other episode out now, and a third in early access!

Paid Games

These games cost money! But they’re worth every penny! And each of those pennies is going to an extremely cool queer dev! And what do we say about supporting the devs here…? That’s right; you gotta do it! Here’s some games I was more than happy to buy:

stBM9SI.png

Nadine, a green-haired android, is on her way to a Halloween party with her friends Clara and Selena. Unfortunately for them, the evil Jack O’ Diamonds has other ideas! Ambushed and sent to a spooky and sinister realm, Nadine must shoot and slide her way across 6 Halloween themed levels utilizing every power-up and weapon she can get her hands on! Featuring great music, lovely sprite work and some very clever level design, this is one Halloween treat you can enjoy any season! And if you haven’t had enough of Nadine, you can find her in the demo version of her main title, Prototype-N!

DXUAXw7.png

Two girlfriends in Mammon City hunt devils for a living, and you gotta play as them both! At once! Sound tricky? It is, but it’s also SUPER fun! Fight rhythmic battles against creatively designed devils and try to keep both Sophie and Anna alive! As long as one’s left standing, she can revive the other. This one’s got a great soundtrack too!

QbGO9QG.png

Yep, it’s exactly what the title says it is! Join Melody, a cute but shy transgender fox girl as she leads her party of four on an adventure to save the Sapphire Islands from a mysterious, otherworldly threat! See the blossoming romance between her and her bunny girlfriend, Allison! Marvel at the adorable 16-bit style sprites! Listen to the extremely catchy soundtrack by Beatrix Quinn (who’s also composing for the excellent looking platformer, Susan Taxpayer!). And don’t forget the most important feature of all… you can make them kiss!!!

IH8YNpb.png

What’s even better than one queer visual novel is three of them! A Year of Springs is a compilation of three titles. The first is One Night, Hot Springs, which follows a transgender woman named Haru, who’s anxious about going on a trip with her friend Manami. In the second title, Last Day of Spring, Erika tries to plan a spa trip for Haru. And in the final title, Spring Leaves no Flowers, Manami thinks about her relationships while spending the day with various people. The artwork is adorable and the stories will leave you feeling warm inside! Plus, there’s an exclusive epilogue available only in this collected version!

SLUIqkW.png

The world is once again threatened by the Machine Devil! Once sealed for a thousand years, his hateful cultists spread terror to summon him once more. Unfortunately, the Divine Order, who would normally take charge of sealing him away, claims that to fight against such hatred is to be just as bad as them. Grace Morningstar thankfully knows this is bullshit, and steals the Sword of Fate from the Divine Order, taking along our protagonist Sam Anon with her on the roadtrip of a lifetime! Fight using a strategic active time battle system, chat with other lesbians in the back seat, work through Sam’s anxieties as a transgender woman! This game’s got it all!

Wow! These sound great. It’s too bad that’s literally all the queer games there will ever be!

WRONG! In fact, I have some demos of great upcoming projects you can check out right now!

Demos

UsirYTJ.png

A polycule is tasked with saving a sky civilization from destruction in this puzzle platformer! Switch between three animal people and use their unique abilities to solve puzzles in dungeons. Wendy the goat can zap things with her magic amulet! Izzy the cow can ram through walls and enemies! And Izzy the moth can fly and use swords! If you’re craving some GBA vibes, this one’s for you!

RQ7aVrQ.png

If you’re looking for an action platformer with a sci-fi, 80s anime aesthetic, you gotta try this one out! B.U.D.D follows the bounty hunter Eris, who crash lands on the planet Verdeo! Using helper drones called BUDDs, Eris can use her abilities to navigate the planet and find her missing ship parts! Plus, you can gain new abilities by defeating enemies and leveling up! With wonderful and detailed sprite work and sound design, this game is one you need to keep an eye on!

…and, I really wanna bring up Kitsune Tails!

header.jpg

It’s not on Itch.io YET, but it will be! There’s a demo available on Steam right now. It’s the perfect game if you love both Super Mario Bros. 3 and lesbians!

Wow! That’s great! It’s too bad that these are the only queer games and devs I can support.

Wrong again! There’s hundreds of queer creators YOU can support NOW, all at the same time… by buying the Queer Games Bundle!

xFbXfY.png

Founded by Taylor McCue and Nilson Carroll, this year’s bundle features almost 500 games from 271 queer creators! You can get ALL of that for $60, the cost of one of those dull AAA titles I see people buy all the time. Not to mention, your money will go directly to… you guessed it, supporting queer game creators! If you’re in a tight spot with money and still wanna lend your support, there IS a pay what you want $10-$20+ version available as well! The bundle is available until July 12th, which gives you plenty of time to send some love right to the wallets of our queer indie developers… and, full disclosure, I am in fact one of those featured in the bundle! Tee-hee! ❤️

So, what are you waiting for? Get playing, get buying, and Happy Pride! ❤️🏳️‍⚧️❤️🏳️‍🌈

Thanks for the write-up! A lot of these look really neat, I'll try to support what I can.

And I have been meaning to parse all that's included in the bundle before diving in. Hopefully this weekend, in between play sessions for the Fami Pride Event.

Kitsune Tails looks cute. As a certified SMB3 enjoyer, I’ll try the demo

I'm really excited for that one! Super Mario Bros 3 might be my favorite game ever, so taking that and making it gay can really only lead to improvement.

Amazing post full of incredible games! Gotta go try these out once I'm not very badly broke for the paid ones at least

Thanks for sharing this, Clov!

I know A Year of Springs is on the Switch (play it, everyone!), are any others there too?

The eShop also has If Found..., which I haven't played myself yet but it's on my list!

I started Get in the Car, Loser a couple days ago and it’s great! I’m not very far into it but it’s got good writing and oozes summer vibes with the aesthetic.

Was a pleasure to contribute to the thread! There are so many great games by queer developers out there, some might find it difficult to pick what to play when the options are near-endless; so hopefully Clov's wonderful recommendations help someone reading to discover, play and support these games. Don't have to stop with this list, or with the contents of the bundle either; there's so much out there, and this month is a great time to go looking!

Thanks for sharing this, Clov!

I know A Year of Springs is on the Switch (play it, everyone!), are any others there too?

The eShop also has If Found..., which I haven't played myself yet but it's on my list!

Out of what I've listed here, I know that Kitsune Tails is getting a Switch version, so if you're looking for something to play while out and about, that's one to keep an eye on!

Another one you might want to check out is Read Only Memories Neurodiver, which came out recently on Switch! It's a cyberpunk adventure game, and the second game in a series, but it's fine to start there... or you could check out the first game, which is part of the Queer Games Bundle on Itch!

I started Get in the Car, Loser a couple days ago and it’s great! I’m not very far into it but it’s got good writing and oozes summer vibes with the aesthetic.

Hell yes! I'm so glad you're enjoying it! This game is honestly so important to me. One of very few video games that I can say without a shadow of a doubt improved my life. Christine Love just GETS it!

Was a pleasure to contribute to the thread! There are so many great games by queer developers out there, some might find it difficult to pick what to play when the options are near-endless; so hopefully Clov's wonderful recommendations help someone reading to discover, play and support these games. Don't have to stop with this list, or with the contents of the bundle either; there's so much out there, and this month is a great time to go looking!

It's all thanks to those amazing banners you made! ❤️ Thank you so much again!

Thank you so much for this thread. I am always sort of intimidated by the massive amount of amazing content out there on Itch and having a list like this is great as a starting point.

Also the thread reads like the gayest direct I could imagine and that's awesome in my book. Thanks @Clov and @MondoMega !!

I'm glad that I can help! And having the thread compared to a gay direct is probably the best compliment I could have received. Thank you so much!

By the way, I love your avatar! Vivian's so cute in her Jill cosplay! 🏳️‍⚧️ ❤️

Kitsune Tails looks really good! Are there any other games that are Nintendo-esque?

If you like the look of Kitsune Tails, there's actually a prequel of sorts already available on Itch called Kitsune Zero!

%2FySJpB.png

If you're looking for something Nintendo-esque, I'd really recommend giving the demo of Susan Taxpayer a try! You'll have to install SMBX2 to run it, but it's shaping up to be a great Wario Land 4 style game!

2023-12-07_23_35_52-png.27616

susan2.png

You might have tried this one already, but if you're in the mood for a more 3D platformer, Celeste 64 has some very obvious Nintendo influences! It's a short but really cute game. The extra, Mario Sunshine inspired levels are REALLY challenging too...

Downloads_Screenshot_2024.01.30___09.11.34.03.0.png

I just looked over this list exactly the way I feel it was intended: Half asleep at 3am whilst my girlfriend takes off her makeup after getting in from a lesbian bar. I showed her some of my favourites, pointed out how many are about the power of queer love banishing evil, she said "Mood" and then fell asleep.

Thank you for the list, this is so cool! I'd never have heard of 99% of these otherwise! Definitely gonna give some a go when properly cognoscente.

I just looked over this list exactly the way I feel it was intended: Half asleep at 3am whilst my girlfriend takes off her makeup after getting in from a lesbian bar. I showed her some of my favourites, pointed out how many are about the power of queer love banishing evil, she said "Mood" and then fell asleep.

Thank you for the list, this is so cool! I'd never have heard of 99% of these otherwise! Definitely gonna give some a go when properly cognoscente.

That's the life! Hope you enjoy the games when you get to them!

Digging into the bundle, and I've enjoyed Printjob quite a bit. It's a short narrative horror game with very effective writing.

People have got to check out Sylvie Lime. Sylvie is one of my favorite devs, totally vibe with her design philosophies

Sylvie's games are so charming and fun! I really wanna recommend Sylvie RPG: 7 Elf Apocalypse. Plays like a shorter and cuter Ys game. Incredibly challenging though, and full of all sorts of surprises! I still need to beat it...

Unrelated to Sylvie, but still related to queer game creators, I wanna shout-out a great demo that's not on Itch and has flown under a lot of people's radar. It's a "movement playground" game called Hoptix!

gifcapture-202307141319074246-gif.26797

In Hoptix you play as a bunny named Rocket! They're really cute... and fast! All you gotta do is make your way through a level, trying to make them do fun tricks and break targets to progress. This game is seriously SO fun to play! The movement works so well, and it's so satisfying to make Rocket jump around and slide on rails... not to mention the stage themes are so cool! There's a forest, a city, and a beach so far... each creates such a great atmosphere. Give the demo a shot and keep your eyes open for the full release in the future!

These look so good! Thank you for the list, I'm always on the hunt for some queer games to play so these look perfect 😊

These look so good! Thank you for the list, I'm always on the hunt for some queer games to play so these look perfect 😊

You're welcome! I'm really happy that I could help you find some good stuff ^^

Recently I found something else really cute too! It's a game called Frogsong and it looks adorable!

It's an action RPG where you play as a little frog that wants to be a warrior! This one's available on Switch as well.

wait my game is on this list. thank you so much i had no idea lmao <3

yes play Nadine: Diamond in the Grave! there is a short demo for the 5 dollar game. its a side game of my main project I've been working on for almost 20 years (Prototype N).

wait my game is on this list. thank you so much i had no idea lmao <3

yes play Nadine: Diamond in the Grave! there is a short demo for the 5 dollar game. its a side game of my main project I've been working on for almost 20 years (Prototype N).

And it's super fun and the characters are really cute! I love Nadine... <3

To everyone else here, you really got to try out Diamond in the Grave and Prototype-N! I'm so excited for the latter, it's shaping up really well!

Some really cool news for anyone enjoying or interested in Get in the Car, Loser!

samswitch.jpg

First, the main character, Sam Anon, is getting a plushie!

But the bigger news for those who haven't tried it out yet, is that Christine Love has confirmed it'll be getting a Switch port! The port will even include all of the DLC!

I already got the plushie ordered... and I think I might double dip when the Switch version comes out!

Some really cool news for anyone enjoying or interested in Get in the Car, Loser!

samswitch.jpg

First, the main character, Sam Anon, is getting a plushie!

But the bigger news for those who haven't tried it out yet, is that Christine Love has confirmed it'll be getting a Switch port! The port will even include all of the DLC!

I already got the plushie ordered... and I think I might double dip when the Switch version comes out!
Yesss! Since I started it “why isn’t this on Switch?” has been front and center in my mind.

I hope the port does well because they had to put the 3rd DLC on hold due to financial reasons and it would be great if the game connects with an audience on Switch to maybe get that DLC made finally.

Yesss! Since I started it “why isn’t this on Switch?” has been front and center in my mind.

I hope the port does well because they had to put the 3rd DLC on hold due to financial reasons and it would be great if the game connects with an audience on Switch to maybe get that DLC made finally.

I hope it does well too! Christine Love does amazing work, and if this port does well enough for her to make more DLC for the game, I'd be over the moon!

This game is really really special to me, so I'm hoping for the best!

Nadine looks like my type of game :) I wish we could have a list for what games are also available on switch.

It's really fun! You won't regret giving it a try! :giggle:

Out of what I listed in the OP, A Year of Springs is available on Switch, and Get in the Car, Loser! has had a Switch port just announced. Kitsune Tails will also be getting a Switch release in the future! Out of the games I posted about later, Frogsong and Read Only Memories has a Switch version. Read Only Memories got a sequel on Switch very recently too!

Nadine looks like my type of game :) I wish we could have a list for what games are also available on switch.
There's a demo available for people to try out! (tho game isnt on any consoles at all)

A Year of Springs on Switch was how I found out about that game. Bought it on a whim not knowing what it was even about (I saw it on sale on Eshop and thought the art looked cute). Really surprised me it's LGBT themed, I checked out the author's other works and they're great too!

It's really fun! You won't regret giving it a try! :giggle:

Out of what I listed in the OP, A Year of Springs is available on Switch, and Get in the Car, Loser! has had a Switch port just announced. Kitsune Tails will also be getting a Switch release in the future! Out of the games I posted about later, Frogsong and Read Only Memories has a Switch version. Read Only Memories got a sequel on Switch very recently too!

There's a demo available for people to try out! (tho game isnt on any consoles at all)

A Year of Springs on Switch was how I found out about that game. Bought it on a whim not knowing what it was even about (I saw it on sale on Eshop and thought the art looked cute). Really surprised me it's LGBT themed, I checked out the author's other works and they're great too!
Yeap, I bought the game yesterday. I'll start playing tomorrow. :)

Just saw about this really fun looking game earlier today! It's not on Itch, but I feel like I just have to talk about it... cause it's like the PSX Tony Hawk games, but you ride unicycles instead! It's called Street Uni X, and it's got a really cute trailer!

There's a demo you can try out on Steam too! It looks like a real passion project, I'm excited to give it a try!

Get in the Car, Loser! remains delightful. I beat the first boss tonight and I'm in love with the writing on this game. Mechanically it just got a lot more interesting in terms of gear choices for setting up your party now that I've reached chapter 2. But everything just started clicking for me last night in terms of combat and I'm on a roll right now with it. And the characters are wonderful, absolutely loving the dynamic between Sam, Val, and Grace. Angela is endearing so far with the little I've seen so far.

Would it be ok if I cross-post further thoughts in here and the RPG thread? I don't want to dominate the discussion but this game is great.

Get in the Car, Loser! remains delightful. I beat the first boss tonight and I'm in love with the writing on this game. Mechanically it just got a lot more interesting in terms of gear choices for setting up your party now that I've reached chapter 2. But everything just started clicking for me last night in terms of combat and I'm on a roll right now with it. And the characters are wonderful, absolutely loving the dynamic between Sam, Val, and Grace. Angela is endearing so far with the little I've seen so far.

Would it be ok if I cross-post further thoughts in here and the RPG thread? I don't want to dominate the discussion but this game is great.

I'm so happy you're enjoying the game! And of course, I'd love to see your impressions posted here! ^^

I at least am rocking this on my Switch right now!

GQU1t6YWkAAF-ZX

That's nice! I love Vivian and I'm really happy she's able to openly be a trans woman in the English version of TTYD now. I've written a lot in the TTYD thread about how key her status as a trans woman is to her story arc, and how great the more accurate localization is! 🏳️‍⚧️ 💗

But let's not forget, in keeping with the spirit of the thread, to show some queer indie devs some love! After all, Nintendo is big and wealthy. But indies like these are regular people like you and I; they could use the help (as long as you're able to)! I hope you can find the time to check out some of the recommendations I made in the OP and elsewhere in the thread!

I at least am rocking this on my Switch right now!

GQU1t6YWkAAF-ZX
Uhh no offense, but this comes across as a little weird?? Like, look, I strongly appreciate how they handled Vivian in the remake, but... did you not even read what this thread is even about? This thread is about raising awareness and supporting queer game developers (which are strongly and overwhelmingly indie). Nintendo has nothing to do with that, they're a big corporation.

So seeing this posted here just kind of rubs me off the wrong way and comes across as tactless regardless of how well intended this is. Please read the room.

Uhh no offense, but this comes across as a little weird?? Like, look, I strongly appreciate how they handled Vivian in the remake, but... did you not even read what this thread is even about? This thread is about raising awareness and supporting queer game developers (which are strongly and overwhelmingly indie). Nintendo has nothing to do with that, they're a big corporation.

So seeing this posted here just kind of rubs me off the wrong way and comes across as tactless regardless of how well intended this is. Please read the room.
Huh? I'm just trying to show support by showing that I made my icon on Switch trans supporting as part of pride month. Also in celebration of Vivian's proper trans localization in the remake.

Sorry I didn't buy a game straight away. I'm certainly interested in looking into stuff shown here, but I at least wanted to show that I'm supportive of pride month and trans rights.

Huh? I'm just trying to show support by showing that I made my icon on Switch trans supporting as part of pride month. Also in celebration of Vivian's proper trans localization in the remake.

Sorry I didn't buy a game straight away. I'm certainly interested in looking into stuff shown here, but I at least wanted to show that I'm supportive of pride month and trans rights.

It's worth noting that there's several free options in the OP and elsewhere as well! So for anyone who can't afford to purchase any of the paid games (the cheapest of which is only $3.99!), you can still show your support for the developers by giving their work a try!

Let's remember to keep the thread focused on the topic as outlined in the OP: supporting queer independent game developers! 🏳️‍⚧️ ❤️ 🏳️‍🌈 ❤️

I appreciate you want to show you support our lifestyles, but again it was really off-topic and kinda comes across as really awkward since you didn't even acknowledge the subject of the thread to begin with. There's another venue to celebrate Vivian being trans in other threads, this isn't it. It's about queer developers (regardless if they're in the OP or not) and supporting/discussing them.

Sorry I didn't buy a game straight away.
I can't tell if this is a passive aggressive response or not. In either case... That wasn't my issue at all?

Last edited:
I appreciate you want to show you support our lifestyles, but again it was really off-topic and kinda comes across as really awkward since you didn't even acknowledge the subject of the thread to begin with. There's another venue to celebrate Vivian being trans in other threads, this isn't it. It's about queer developers (regardless if they're in the OP or not) and supporting/discussing them.

I can't tell if this is a passive aggressive response or not. In either case... That wasn't my issue at all?
Well it came across as your issue when you brought up the thread's purpose, which to me the most important thing is showing support and solidarity with the queer community, no matter how small. The fact you took any slight issue with that made it seem like I didn't do enough.

Honestly? That legit hurt. Maybe you didn't intend for it to, but yeah, that kind felt like I was being told "not good enough, put your money where you're mouth is" or something, or else why take such issue with my post?

Well it came across as your issue when you brought up the thread's purpose, which to me the most important thing is showing support and solidarity with the queer community, no matter how small. The fact you took any slight issue with that made it seem like I didn't do enough.

Honestly? That legit hurt. Maybe you didn't intend for it to, but yeah, that kind felt like I was being told "not good enough, put your money where you're mouth is" or something, or else why take such issue with my post?
Wow. Christ, nevermind telling you anything then if you're going to keep twisting my words like this. I'm done. Have a good day.

Respectfully, this is not the thread to discuss Nintendo or its characters.

This month is not about allies, and this thread is not about your feelings. This month is about queer people, and this thread is about supporting queer independent developers, of which Arrietty is not only one, but one of the ones I have chosen to highlight due to her excellent work.

You are welcome to post in this thread if you would like to discuss the topic, which is queer independent game developers. You are not welcome to ignore and twist the words of my friend. No more of this. Let's please stay on topic. This thread is meant as a celebration of queer indie devs and I intend for it to stay that way.

Okay, I'm sorry for not talking about queer games specifically and such (honestly the only ones I can think of are the more known ones like Disco Elysium, Celeste, etc.). I shouldn't have just posted only the avatar bit and nothing else.

I can definitely help spread these recommendations around like on Twitter and such, hopefully leading to more awareness about the topic and cause.

I want to do what I can to help and support the queer community. That's all I truly want. I hope I can be forgiven for the above.

Edit: Done!

Edit 2: Also obviously I'm sorry I made this about me when what matters above all else is raising awareness of queer creators. Sorry I forgot to add that.

Last edited:

I'm legitimately baffled by this entire line of conversation. This thread was meant to be about queer devs/games, and you come in saying "woo, I'm doing my part using Vivian as Switch avatar, can I have some applause please?".

Sorry but the equivalent of you putting a rainbow on your avatar on the birdsite is about the most minuscule effort you could possibly go through to try and be an ally, and to think that act is worth celebrating alone is already pretty insulting, let alone within the context of a thread about queer creators and stories. You are not the victim here, you are simply trying to turn around this entire topic to be about you and your feefees.

How about instead, you find queer creators or games to share within this thread, as it was intended to be used for?
Here, I'll lead by example:

Beloved Rapture:

It's an upcoming indie RPG inspired by the ol' SNES era. Apparently the dev was legitimately scared about revealing that the game involved queer story elements, including the main protagonist being gay. Demo is available, too!

Wanna shout out Unsighted here, which was made by two queer women from Brazil.

It's basically a top-down Metroidvania with gameplay similar to Hyper Light Drifter and it's currently on sale in some stores. Also available on Switch (where I got it), XBOX and PS.

I'm gonna throw in some enby representation too by mentioning two cute indie games that I like a lot.

Here Comes Niko!, which is a super cute 3D exploration platformer/adventure kinda deal with ADORABLE character design. It's meant to be a cozy experience, and it also has some other queer characters besides Niko and their deliberately ambiguous gender within it (I remember there being a gay couple for instance):

The same vein of game comes with Lil' Gator Game, which is similarly a 3D exploration platformer/adventure game with equally adorable character design. It was my favourite game I played in 2023, and the eponymous lil' gator is explicitly non-binary, among - if I recall correctly - some additional queer representation beyond them.

Here Comes Niko is really cute. I watched my roommate play it a bunch, it's her comfort game :>

Wanna shout out Unsighted here, which was made by two queer women from Brazil.

It's basically a top-down Metroidvania with gameplay similar to Hyper Light Drifter and it's currently on sale in some stores. Also available on Switch (where I got it), XBOX and PS.

Thanks for the recommendation, I actually picked it up on Switch (it's on sale there now). It's been on my wishlist on Steam for a while cause it looks absolutely stunning, but the fact it was made by Latin queer women only adds to the allure.

I saw a really cute looking game recently, and thought I'd share it here! It's called Code Bunny!

ou53mn.png

wsAs9B.png

It's a 2D action game where you get to play as two cute bunnies! I really wanna try it out!

Back
Top Bottom