• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Discussion Is K.K. Slider himself a T-SQUARE reference?

Read the OP first!

• Total voters

Raccoon

Fox Brigade
Banned
Pronouns
He/Him
Yes yes, I know.

WkxZZBW.jpg

We all know by now that K.K. Slider is a depiction of legendary Nintendo composer Kazumi Totaka, complete with his distinctive eyebrows, and his name accordingly comes from his eponym (Totaka Kazumi, Totaka K., in-game real name Totakeke, stage name K.K. Slider), but hear me out: the saxophone player of the most well-known T-SQUARE lineup also worked on several solo albums. During his gradual departure from the band in the late 80s he began more closely collaborating with Los Angeles-based musicians and picked up an interesting nickname:

v1a0jjkfroo0a_600.jpg

Yes, here is Takeshi "T.K." Ito. That's not anything too remarkable for the premise of this thread, I know. However, check these out:

61AtXwNXCOL._SX354_SY354_BL0_QL100__UXNaN_FMjpg_QL85_.jpg

1200x1200bb.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

If you told me "K.K. Breeze" or "K.K. LA" were real Animal Crossing albums I would totally believe you.

So that's my thesis: the in-universe pseudonym K.K. Slider is at least partially derived from Takeshi "T.K." Ito. Let me know if I've convinced you and I look forward to seeing any other thoughts.

oh I fucking believe that without hesitation

the ever-classic “superposition” style reference

I feel like I’m making a lot of these in my own game, so I’d be shocked if they weren’t in other games

but also tho, where does KK Slider always hang out in the game?

that's right, the Town Square area

Town Square / T-Square

giphy.gif

Back
Top Bottom