• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Infinity Strash Dragon Quest will Release worldwide 9-28-2023

Yep. The Axios opinion piece that has just came out rings humorously hollow a couple of hours later. All of these AA games and no one who's going to buy them. Unsurprisingly.

2d0

Yet gamers don't buy them.

Has anyone been able to get the DQ3 legendary outfit? It's the main reason I preordered the game and I don't see it. I just finished chapter 1.

First Dragon Quest game I've cancelled my preorder for. No exploration,worse combat than heroes and the review scores means even as a huge DQ fan I can't in good conscience.

Though I am getting monsters no matter what.

Is it true that this is only covering about half of the anime? How bizarre. Did they think they'd get to make a second one?

This game had a troubled development so, yea, they probably did. If this came out when the cartoon was still airing, it would almost certainly have gotten a sequel
Ah, that makes more sense. I just saw that they trademarked Infinity Strash back in late 2020 and was supposed to be out in 2021. Sheesh.

Finished chapter 2, it's really what I was expecting some light action game (though you really have to learn to use the perfect parry and dodge). I really like the roguelite aspect of the temple too, got some sweet memory cards (one with +45 attack for Dai). Also I'm going to disagree with some of the reviews regarding how "condensed" is the story, I actually think they went over the top showing that much, there is a lot of dialogue! (you want a really abridged story play Gintama Rumble)

Also
Avan using Megante always get me...

Finished chapter 2, it's really what I was expecting some light action game (though you really have to learn to use the perfect parry and dodge). I really like the roguelite aspect of the temple too, got some sweet memory cards (one with +45 attack for Dai). Also I'm going to disagree with some of the reviews regarding how "condensed" is the story, I actually think they went over the top showing that much, there is a lot of dialogue! (you want a really abridged story play Gintama Rumble)

Also
Avan using Megante always get me...
The temple is so fun. Also I agree, it’s showing more than even One Piece Pirate Warriors 3. Some of the cutscenes are like half an episode’s length.

Now in chapter 3 and it's obvious this game was made to release when the anime was airing, the CGI escenes are very good and hype a lot

Now on chapter 5, honestly this for me is a Visual Novel with combat sections (not saying it's a bad thing)

Finally finished this. Overall I find it decent but there are somethings that need a patch. The action combat is good and you really need to use the abilities if you wan to succeed. I would like if the have included an action pallette specially for popp since only having 3 ability slots really limit him.

For the party was disappointed you don't use crocodine or Leona, they are in more fights than maam at that point

just found 2 big issues with it:

Auto target sucks, they should have added an option to disable it. Fortunately most of the fights are one on one.

Balance is completely busted. There are only 2 difficulties, very easy or hard. I didn't noticed at the beginning since some of the memory cards have big stats improvement, but past chapter 4 the enemy stats go crazy. Some bosses will one shot you even if you are overleled. And this go crazier in the memory temple, since you always start at lv. 1 but enemies level exponentially, there are fights against random enemies that can take 3+ minutes.

Finally finished this. Overall I find it decent but there are somethings that need a patch. The action combat is good and you really need to use the abilities if you wan to succeed. I would like if the have included an action pallette specially for popp since only having 3 ability slots really limit him.

For the party was disappointed you don't use crocodine or Leona, they are in more fights than maam at that point

just found 2 big issues with it:

Auto target sucks, they should have added an option to disable it. Fortunately most of the fights are one on one.

Balance is completely busted. There are only 2 difficulties, very easy or hard. I didn't noticed at the beginning since some of the memory cards have big stats improvement, but past chapter 4 the enemy stats go crazy. Some bosses will one shot you even if you are overleled. And this go crazier in the memory temple, since you always start at lv. 1 but enemies level exponentially, there are fights against random enemies that can take 3+ minutes.
How did you find it compared to Treasures?

How did you find it compared to Treasures?
Treasure is the better. This one you can clearly see it was in development hell and had to rush some things. In the end this was amade to hype the anime and I think it does a good job at that ( like the game is 60% story 40% battles). Problem is there is no anime to hype anymore lol

When they said it finished at chapter 41 they mean it, it ends just like that chapter and that battle is not finished at that point

Back
Top Bottom