• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion Indie games that are begging for Switch releases

Does anyone else know about Cloudberry Kingdom? Think it only came out on Steam and Wii U. Only 200 steam reviews so judging off that there aren’t many of us…

It was a 4-player platformer with procedurally generated, progressively harder levels and bumpin’ music. They got stupid hard. We had so much fun with that game in college.

I don’t think the team even exists anymore. Very little about the game exists on Google even iirc (and I see now the steam page says no longer available to purchase)

Does anyone else know about Cloudberry Kingdom? Think it only came out on Steam and Wii U. Only 200 steam reviews so judging off that there aren’t many of us…

It was a 4-player platformer with procedurally generated, progressively harder levels and bumpin’ music. They got stupid hard. We had so much fun with that game in college.

I don’t think the team even exists anymore. Very little about the game exists on Google even iirc (and I see now the steam page says no longer available to purchase)
I had it and liked it.

I’m hoping Psilosybil and Spark the Electric Jester 2/3 come to Switch eventually (or PS4)

Super House of Dead Ninjas.

I was obsessed with this game. It’s really fun, controls great, and is a perfect pick up and play game.

Ninja Pizza Girl
I remember this!!! It was supposed to come out on WiiU at one point and I just assumed after the WiiU died it would be default come to Switch. 🙃

Right now the one that is taking my main focus ( that's not Pizza Tower ) is Ex Zodiac I mean cmon just look at it.

oooooooooh that would definitely scratch an itch

I’ve been waiting on a port of Environmental Station Alpha for ages now. I’ve heard it’s a Metroidvania masterpiece, but it’s only available on Steam, so I have no way of playing it.

The quality indie games that were on the Vita and/or Wii U but don't have a Switch port yet, like Papers Please, The Swapper, Lone Survivor or Year Walk. There are soo few left I wonder why they have not been ported yet.

Right now the one that is taking my main focus ( that's not Pizza Tower ) is Ex Zodiac I mean cmon just look at it.

This game is really good. Can't wait for the all range mode update. Considering the two games it's an homage to are on Switch already I imagine a switch port isn't far behind once it's finished.

The quality indie games that were on the Vita and/or Wii U but don't have a Switch port yet, like Papers Please, The Swapper, Lone Survivor or Year Walk. There are soo few left I wonder why they have not been ported yet.

Damn, I forgot about Year Walk, I really liked that on Wii U.

Lone Survivor is actually on Switch (the new, remake version)

Westerado: Double Barreled

I played (and loved) the original, browser-based version of this game years ago and the only reason I haven't bought this one on PC is because I keep waiting for the announcement of a Switch version.
Would we count Revolution Software as an indie dev? If so, with one exception, the Broken Sword series is MIA.
While it could end up being nothing, there's hope for this. Charles Cecil had this to say about it like a year ago:
Do you have any desire to bring Beneath or maybe other Broken Sword titles to consoles? Switch seems like a good fit for them.

Yes — and yes, Switch would, indeed, be a very good fit for them. [smiles]

Back
Top Bottom