• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion In which console do you think we will get Metroid Prime 2: Echoes Remastered?

In which console we will be praised with this game?

• Switch

Votes: 17 21.8%
  • Switch Successor

Votes: 5 6.4%
  • Switch and Switch successor

Votes: 18 23.1%
  • Not a remaster, but a HD version with MP3 Corruption

Votes: 27 34.6%
  • Not happening

Votes: 11 14.1%

• Total voters
It’s gonna be a cross gen title, that’ll release 2 month before Prime 4, similar to Pikmin 4.

But Prime 2 and 3 will sadly be HD ports and not remastered, like Prime.

OP post leaves a lot to be desired.

Many of the rumors pointed out to the latter two games being bundled together in an upscaled format rather than the visual upgrade Prime 1 got, and I am inclined to believe that will still be the case.

We'll see - I don't think they'll come before Prime 4 regardless - I think honestly, they want Metroid to be more of a regular series and they will want Prime 2/3 to be slotted in between Prime 4/Metroid 6/hopefully whatever Retro does with Metroid next... dare one hope for a non-Roguelike Returnal esque third person game

I still think we'll see simpler NERDmake emu-ports for Prime 2-3 on Switch. So basically like what we had for Pikmin 1+2 or SM3DAS and honestly, this is probably the better route for GC/Wii stuff generally.

They released Zero Mission onto Switch online for the last direct, so i'm gonna guess they're holding onto the Prime 2 and 3 HD games for the next Direct to shadow drop.

Many of the rumors pointed out to the latter two games being bundled together in an upscaled format rather than the visual upgrade Prime 1 got, and I am inclined to believe that will still be the case.
Is this true? I haven't heard any rumor about that. Last I heard anything about Prime 2 was from Jeff Grubb

Jeff Grubb: Yes that's still what I'm expecting if that's changed I've not heard about it at all, I I still think it's gonna be it's gonna be mostly what people want right it's gonna have the modern controls and you know it's gonna be HD and things like that but it's not gonna get the love and care that Metroid Prime got, no, almost certainly not. But it also doesn't sound like it's going to be necessarily a two pack of like Metroid Prime 2 and 3, get it for sixty dollars, so I bet it's gonna look pretty good overall.
I think at some point, "not gonna get the love and care" turned into "uprezzed" in folks minds, and that lead people to assume a two pack, like Pikmin 1+2, but I don't think there has been any hints that's actually the case.

Is this true? I haven't heard any rumor about that. Last I heard anything about Prime 2 was from Jeff Grubb

I think at some point, "not gonna get the love and care" turned into "uprezzed" in folks minds, and that lead people to assume a two pack, like Pikmin 1+2, but I don't think there has been any hints that's actually the case.
I mean, how else do you frame it? There's not much inbetween between what Prime 1 got, and a standard remaster.

I mean, how else do you frame it? There's not much inbetween between what Prime 1 got, and a standard remaster.
My point wasn't about the quality of the remaster, but that Grubb was explicit that it's not a 2 pack.

But as for remaster quality, there is huge daylight between Luigi's Mansion 2 HD and a simple uprezz like Pikmin 1+2 (or the All Stars version of Mario Sunshine) got. And daylight again between LM2HD and Prime Remastered.

My point wasn't about the quality of the remaster, but that Grubb was explicit that it's not a 2 pack.

But as for remaster quality, there is huge daylight between Luigi's Mansion 2 HD and a simple uprezz like Pikmin 1+2 (or the All Stars version of Mario Sunshine) got. And daylight again between LM2HD and Prime Remastered.
Ok fair enough on the 2 pack part. I am still skeptical of anything close to Prime 1's remaster, but I can accept a lot more variables.

My feelings on this right now are:
  • Both games available separately digitally for 30, or bundled for 50.
  • Physical bundle of both for 50
  • Both of them running in the Metroid Prime Remastered engine
  • But with GC/Wii assets and automatically upscaled textures save for whatever can be reused from Prime Remastered
  • Switch 1 release, can be played through BC on Switch 2.

I'd say there's tons of room, to the point that I'd argue "standard remaster" is a meaningless phrase.

Just compare Pikmin 1+2, the three Zelda HD remasters, and Metroid Prime remastered. They're all over the place in terms of how much and what type of work was done; lots of room to touch up geometry and lighting to varying degrees and with varying scope (putting more work into character/enemy models over terrain is a common thing, for example).

I’m going with the pessimistic “not happening” option. Yes, I know it’s still technically possible, but right before or after the showing of Prime 4 at the last Direct was * the * time to show it IMO. Skipping straight from Prime 1 Remastered to Prime 4 is not a good sign. It’s really a shame.

My feelings on this right now are:
  • Both games available separately digitally for 30, or bundled for 50.
  • Physical bundle of both for 50
  • Both of them running in the Metroid Prime Remastered engine
  • But with GC/Wii assets and automatically upscaled textures save for whatever can be reused from Prime Remastered
  • Switch 1 release, can be played through BC on Switch 2.
if it's on the level of MP1 remastered, they should at least be $40 each. i wouldn't mind if they went higher. IMO, MP1 is well worth $60 considering how much effort they put into it. I would be fine with $40-60 each. With the MP1 remastered treatment.

If 2 and 3 upressed with updated controls like skyward sword and Pikmin 1+2, then I agree for a bundle of 50, or 25-30 each .

Skyward Sword should have never been $60 retail IMO. They could have sold a lot more at $40. I appreciate the effort on the updated controls and some QoL changes, but really...

if it's on the level of MP1 remastered, they should at least be $40 each. i wouldn't mind if they went higher. IMO, MP1 is well worth $60 considering how much effort they put into it. I would be fine with $40-60 each. With the MP1 remastered treatment.

If 2 and 3 upressed with updated controls like skyward sword and Pikmin 1+2, then I agree for a bundle of 50, or 25-30 each .

Skyward Sword should have never been $60 retail IMO. They could have sold a lot more at $40. I appreciate the effort on the updated controls and some QoL changes, but really...

I think the main difference in this situation is that shoving MP2 and MP3 into the existing Remastered engine with the same assets instead of a Hagi port like Pikmin is probably overall easier, automatically adds the modern controls without having to tinker with old code, and would overall get better results; and it actually feels very doable.

Visually it would still look closer to an upscale, even if it's using the new engine.

My random guess right now:

Whenever Nintendo next shows Metroid Prime 4, Metroid Prime 2 and 3 will be shadowdropped. That could be at a September Direct, The Game Awards this December, or a potential February 2025 Direct (if one happens, as Switch 2 marketing timelines really make me unsure).

I think they'll be on Switch at first because I think they'll release before Switch 2 does. Even if they release after Switch 2 does, I don't think they're good candidates for Switch 2 native SKUs with substantial improvements, but maybe small enhancements that boost resolution are likely in either scenario.

I dunno where or when it will turn up, but I think it will get the All-star treatment and just be HD.

Actually, a Metroid Prime HD collection with 2, 3, Hunters and Pinball would be a novelty.

i was hoping if Metroid Prime 4 release late 2025, a remastered/HD port of Metroid Prime 2 e 3, would release one year/6 months before Metroid Prime 4, so it would release in may/june, assuming Metroid Prime 4 release in octobre of next year

I said this in an older thread and got heat for it - but I genuinely think they would be better off not re-releasing Prime 2 and 3 at all if they don't plan on giving them the Prime Remastered treatment. Metroid Prime 4 is going to be the series' best chance to expand, and they shouldn't put out anything that will leave a bad taste in people's mouths right before it launches

I just wonder if Retro has enough time and resources for a full remaster
There wasn’t a rumor about MP2&3 being outsourced after Retro started MP4?

Panic button or iron galaxy if I remember correctly.

Edit: iron Galaxy helped retro studios with MP remastered:

Last edited:
It'll come out in the last year of the Successor's life from Forever Entertainment instead of Retro and look more like a straight port but someone online will write a big post telling everyone they're wrong it actually does look way improved because if you look closely they actually did the work recreating every model and texture even though from far away it all looks identical or slightly worse.

Back
Top Bottom