• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Rumour If you're thinking about buying the OLED Switch, then hold that thought, as there may be a 4K Switch coming.

Status
Not open for further replies.

SpaceCrystal

Rattata
Pronouns
He/Him
If anyone's on the fence on buying the Nintendo Switch OLED model or are thinking about picking it up now, then you may want to save your $350 w/tax, as there might be an actual new Nintendo Switch coming out either late next year, or in early 2023. Here's the article about it.
In recent months, there has been one rumor after another about the possibility of a Switch Pro. Now an insider has revealed that it's actually an entirely new 4K console!

Nintendo fans are eagerly awaiting a new Switch. What has been called the Switch Pro in many, many rumors over the past few months is actually a completely new 4K console. So it won't be an upgrade to the previous Switch, but a proper Switch 2! (Not that it will be called that...).

Before we dive into the new leak on this Switch Pro, we recommend you familiarize yourself with all the recent Switch news:

The New Switch Pro Leak

Insider Nate the Hate has claimed that there will be a new 4K console coming from Nintendo. The Nintendo insider revealed this in a video we urge you to go away and watch. But what exactly could this new console be like?

Developers Are Already Working With a 4K Switch

The 4K-Switch already exists, in the form of devkits. This has been revealed by Jason Schreier from Bloomberg several times and has been denied by Nintendo again and again. In his video, Nate the Hate emphasizes that the previous reports are true. Yes, there is a 4K Switch! However, it is not an upgrade of the previous console, so not actually the presumed Switch Pro...

Nintendo Will Market A 4K Switch As A Brand New Console

There will be no Switch Pro... the 4K Switch will be a completely new console. So not an upgrade but a real successor to the current Switch. The 4K-Switch is supposed to use Nvidia's powerful DLSS technology to get to 4K, despite relatively weak hardware. Current Switch games will probably be compatible with the new console, but the insider couldn't confirm this for us quite yet.

When Is The Release Date Of The New 4K Switch?

The new 4K Switch will probably be released between the end of 2022 and Q1 2023. At least that's what Nate estimates. And it also makes sense, unfortunately. There are still major chip shortages due to the Covid-pandemic. As we see with the PS5 in particular, it's just hard to make a lot of consoles right now. Also, the devkits have only been around since the beginning of the year, so developers still need time to make awesome games for this thing.

As always, it must be stressed that this is a leak, so the information discussed here should be taken with a grain of salt. Nate the Hate is a pretty credible source, though. He recently leaked the Nintendo 64 and Game Boy games coming to Nintendo Switch Online.

Given all the other corroborating reports and leaks about the Switch Pro, we'd like to express our confidence in Nate the Hate and his reveal here. yep, we're quite sure now that there will be a new 4K console from Nintendo, probably coming late next year. Ah, if only it were Christmas tomorrow. Christmas of next year, of course...
Leak: The 'Switch Pro' Is Actually A New 4K Console

Sorry if old.

Well, even if all this information shared, is a looooooong way before Nintendo announces any new hardware, you can buy th OLED without any regret ^^

This is so, so old for the rumor scene but it's a great thread to have. Especially since it's such a nuanced demonstration of how leaks can be both beneficial and detrimental to customer decisions at the same time. There are people who are going to miss out on a year of having a decent kickstand if this isn't true, but if it is true then it's the only possible counter to a really scummy product strategy.

Our relationship with leaks as money-spenders is pretty complicated, and hardware rumors make that clear.

I mean this isn't new. A Switch Pro has been leaked or rumoured with well sourced sources for years now.

I don't really give a shit, as someone who plays 80% in handheld mode, the OLED was a huge ass upgrade and if/when the Switch Pro inexplicably comes 6-7 years into the system's life, I'll trade up to it I am sure.

Hey @SpaceCrystal, everything sourced by the article you've posted has been covered extensively over the past month or so.
I'm sorry for this. I thought that there was no one that has talked about it on here since this is still a new forum that has just been made not too long ago.

Last edited:
Ugh Nate never said it's going to be marketed as a brand new console... Why did so many people misunderstand him?

All he said was he's no longer comfortable calling it a pro, and Nintendo will market it/position it however they want.

I personally believe that there will be a new improved Nintendo Switch (Model) likely called Nintendo Switch (4K-Model) or Nintendo Switch (Pro-Model) like the Nintendo Switch (OLED-Model).

It won't be a Successor of the Nintendo Switch. The new Nintendo Switch (Model) will be marketed using the Nintendo Switch Brand like the Nintendo Switch Lite and the Nintendo Switch (New Edition) and the Nintendo Switch (OLED-Model).

Nintendo will be releasing multiple new Nintendo Switch (Model) with different Improvements and Changes in the following 4-6 Years before Nintendo will release a Successor to the Nintendo Switch.

Ugh Nate never said it's going to be marketed as a brand new console... Why did so many people misunderstand him?

All he said was he's no longer comfortable calling it a pro, and Nintendo will market it/position it however they want.
Yep Also there's no benefit to marketing it as a brand new console. Generations are a thing of the past. They'll iterate until the hybrid model is no longer sustainable or needs a major overhaul.

Nate's comments were more about the specs, meaning the specs he's been told about have a large enough jump to count as a new "gen."

Yep Also there's no benefit to marketing it as a brand new console. Generations are a thing of the past. They'll iterate until the hybrid model is no longer sustainable or needs a major overhaul.

Nate's comments were more about the specs, meaning the specs he's been told about have a large enough jump to count as a new "gen."

Why do people keep saying generations are a thing of the past? I canbet everything that while the next Sony and MS systems will be BC they will still harp on about next gen along with every gaming press like they always do. Is this now exclusive to Nintendo that there are no generations anymore?

Nintendo, the company who releases numerous variants for there handheld systems might release another in a year and change?

Nah fam, I don't believe you XD

(Been keeping up with all the talks and it sounds accurate, its all about when and not if)

I hope so!
I sold my og switch on June expecting that the 4k one would be here soon. Though they went with the OLED announcement and I was really disappointed as I'm a tv only player. Just want to play next Zelda with better resolution and some graphics tweaks.

Why do people keep saying generations are a thing of the past? I canbet everything that while the next Sony and MS systems will be BC they will still harp on about next gen along with every gaming press like they always do. Is this now exclusive to Nintendo that there are no generations anymore?
The only one that harps on next gen is Sony, who has historically benefitted from that model due to universal third-party support since the beginning and even they have not shown they're willing to make the full jump as a publisher just yet. Resetting the userbase every 5-7 years is not sustainable and never was.

I'm happy with my OG Switch, but if this successor/whatever is let me play the new Zelda at 60 fps I will seriously consider get it.

But I think if I don't have a Switch I would try get the OLED just to have a way to play Dread and SMT V 😅

The 3DS came out fairly soon after the DSi XL IIRC. I never regretted that purchase. The DSi XL has poppy IPS displays, the D-pad in the correct position, and DS games look glorious on it. On 3DS OG DS games look blurry or you have borders. I still use the DSi XL to this day for playing DS games. I loved the burgundy and brown colours, too. So sleek. And the fat pens that came out with it.

I have never understood holding out and holding out because of rumours. You don't have to get a "Pro" day 1, and if money is tight trade up.

I played Limbo in bed last night on my OLED. With headphones. It was an experience.

I don't think we're getting Switch 2 till March 2024. No way it comes in 2022. If it dropped in March 2023 anyway, I'd sell the OLED for it, no biggie, It looks and feels fantastic but my OG launch Switch is homebrewed - that's more valuable in the long run imo.

Staff Communication
Hey gang, while the effort from the OP is appreciated and there's nothing wrong with having multiple threads on a particular subject if more news comes to light, or a user has a different angle on a subject they want to discuss with the community , in this particular instance the information is all old at this point and we have a great catch all ST for ongoing speculation regarding future hardware. Please check out Dahkil's thread over Here and the summary in the SP!

Also, please try to be mindful of using news articles from unknown sites that exist to compile others information too, this one is a little click baity :) - Donnie, Mazi, Rika

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom