• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

Fun Club If the simulation theory is real, couldn't our world just be some wacky artstyle some programmers came up with?

Magic-Man

Perseus Jackson
Pronouns
He/Him
So basically realistic graphics wouldn't be realistic at all. For all we know the true world at the top could look like Arcane or Into the Spider-Verse, with simulations based off of that trying to be more and more gritty and dark. Or maybe the true world is some Zootopia shit and the people/creatures there created humans like humans create fictional aliens.

And no, I'm not high.

there is nothing to say definitively that the concept of vision extends beyond what we can comprehend. in a metaphysical world there could not even be light or time

that all said simulation theory is a fucking joke
Oh really? Explain why Pikmin 4 doesn't exist then. Bet you can't.

Agent Smith says that the Matrix was designed to be as realistic as possible because humans kept rejecting more fantastical versions of it. So simulation theory probably tracks with the idea that it needs to represent society as closely as possible to "trick" us.

If simulation theory is correct, our universe must be running on crappy outdated hardware with limited rendering capability, insufficient memory and awful load times, which is why our speed of light is so freaking low and we seem to be all alone.

that all said simulation theory is a fucking joke
Pissing off the simulation runners is never a good idea. Remember those million dollars you had yesterday? Of course you don't, because they've been deleted along with any record of their existence. Nice job, smart-ass!

Fog is just the interns going overboard with particle effects. So is snow.
Snow I believe, but I thought fog was them lowering the draw distance to free up the limited resources for all the new plant life that'll be loading soon. 🤔

i believe in simulation theory. sometimes i feel someone is playing the sims with my body. but the simulation has to be boring, because my controller doesnt want a happy life to me. i believe its up to whoever is controlling us

Our perception is a wacky art style, and the artist is called E. Volution. We probably didn't evolve to see the universe as is, but filter information out that's not relevant for our survival.

Also simulation theory is bollocks. The amount of assumptions it makes - often without knowing it - is preposterous :p . If you want some more coherent and much more interesting metaphysics check out Kastrup's analytic idealism.

If simulation theory is correct, our universe must be running on crappy outdated hardware with limited rendering capability, insufficient memory and awful load times, which is why our speed of light is so freaking low and we seem to be all alone.
Maybe we'll get a few breakthroughs whenever the owner of the PC that we're running on manages to upgrade their graphics card.

Maybe we'll get a few breakthroughs whenever the owner of the PC that we're running on manages to upgrade their graphics card.
What if all of us are just NFTs on some poor sob's blockchain?

Even Lovecraft would wince at the horror!

You’re not supposed to take it seriously, the point of this theory is to show off that you’re a science guy and a brilliant entrepreneur like Elon Musk. Just compare Pong and UE5, what if we were literally some universe’s version of UE23? Look at how tech savvy I am. Even Neil DeGrasse Tyson aka the science GOAT doesn’t have a convincing argument against it. I am so enlightened, I have the same vision of the creation of the universe than the richest man on Earth. I’m definitely not cringe, this ain’t religion. Look at the Metaverse, this is the first step. NOW is the time to get rich with it

Realistic to our perception, would be the simulation because it’s what we know as reality.

For all we know, it is using a wacky artstyle and we just can’t tell, because it’s our only point of reference.

images

Fog is just the interns going overboard with particle effects. So is snow.

Man made global warming is a hoax. Actually the simulation is running out of budget to simulate snow right and to keep the budget down they increase the temperature slowly over time.

What difficulty are we playing at? Is our "reality" the Soulsborne of the real world? 🧠💥

Only certain politicians are playing with souls mode. What ever stupid thing they do, they keep going. You average Joe/Jill plays with perma death.

Back
Top Bottom