• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion I will puke if i get another racist ukraine coverage

Pagan

Tektite
Banned
I am really tired of the western media . I am tired and disgusted. I cant get over it. The way how they talk about ukranians show us what they really think about the world.
"They are like us" , "they have blue eyes and it hurts me", "they are civilized like us". Like wtf is this. Is this aryan brotherhood news channel or what? What blue eyes. What blond hair. What civilized world? The germans were literally fucking trees and thought that the world is on the back of a turtle while scholars in the middle east were solving the mysteries of the space, create a water system etc. Wth is this. I cant stand this racist west anymore. I cant. Everyone wo reads this publiccations like cnn, msbc, fox, bbc, TF1 , or german whatever news channel is funding racism. F u too then.

Here is a twitter account which shows some of it. There is much more out there.

More:

(racism in ukraine)

here from uncle sam or sam abi for us from the middle east.

Last edited:
I don't think this warrants much discussion, as it's more of a rant. Valid point though.

Maybe provide some links?

Yeah, that is another form of deeply ingrained racism in the west. It is not only attacking the others but Ukrainians as well because in order to get some sympathy it needs to be proven that they are whites and of European heritage. The facade of universal humanity was torn down already when we let masses of yemeni children die of hunger. And capitalism shows once again that policies of government are stronger than the capitalist class itself, you can see Russian capitalists get their property confiscated, I want to see western capitalists lose their money as well. Humanism is reduced to idpol.

It's honestly not only offensive, but just really embarassing as well that western media pundits can't even pretend a basic attempt to hide their ingrained racism.

Thermobarric bombs are horrible no matter where in the world they're used.

Here thats from germany. The german police is taking people of colour out of the trains which come from ukraine. Its 2022. How the hell is this still a thing? And they call themselves center left. Thats right. Not center right. Thats openly rightwing policy .

Shit like this needs to be highlighted just as much as the war. This is the humanitarian part of it, and the media is failing at it.

Here thats from germany. The german police is taking people of colour out of the trains which come from ukraine. Its 2022. How the hell is this still a thing? And they call themselves center left. Thats right. Not center right. Thats openly rightwing policy .

You'll find that immigration is not a simple left vs right issue, there are many European left-wing parties that are to the left of Biden and Sanders on economics but would seem more to the right of Biden on immigration. Racism is a universal problem, this just reveals European (and American as far as media) racism that has always been there.

Foreign students fleeing Ukraine say they face segregation, racism at border​

Rachel Onyegbule, a Nigerian first-year medical student in Lviv was left stranded at the border town of Shehyni, some 400 miles from Ukraine's capital, Kyiv.

She told CNN: "More than 10 buses came and we were watching everyone leave. We thought after they took all the Ukrainians they would take us, but they told us we had to walk, that there were no more buses and told us to walk."
"My body was numb from the cold and we haven't slept in about 4 days now. Ukrainians have been prioritized over Africans -- men and women -- at every point. There's no need for us to ask why. We know why. I just want to get home," Onyegbule told CNN in a telephone call Sunday as she waited in line at the border to cross into Poland.

Also something that needs to be highlighted:

Profile: Who are Ukraine’s far-right Azov regiment?​

This is really disturbing. I've been trying to avoid engaging with the news lately (possibly selfishly but I have to think of my mental health tbh) but this is genuinely disgusting and needs to be highlighted

The blond eye blue hair essentially "ARYAN" comment coming from the Ukrainian official is just WTF?

Are you trying to give ammunition to the Russian claims calling you a Nazi?

You'll find that immigration is not a simple left vs right issue, there are many European left-wing parties that are to the left of Biden and Sanders on economics but would seem more to the right of Biden on immigration. Racism is a universal problem, this just reveals European (and American as far as media) racism that has always been there.
It shouldn't be a left vs right issue and it shouldn't be viewed only through an American lens. It's a complex issue that needs to be evaluated case by case. Sometimes it's racism like in the example of this thread, sometimes for example LGBT people are worried when there's mass migration from rather religious countries, straight people have the privilege to never having to worry about that and it seems they rarely do tbh because the discourse around this subject is extremely simplified.

The Christian part is also very mind-boggling

We’re in 2022 and we still have rhetoric right out of the Middle Ages

This is really disturbing. I've been trying to avoid engaging with the news lately (possibly selfishly but I have to think of my mental health tbh) but this is genuinely disgusting and needs to be highlighted

Agreed. I feel a bit selfish too, but can't really risk going to dark places for things that I can't affect directly right now.

But yeah the whole discourse about this war is awful, and when people are not being racist they are only interested because it affects their wallet (oil and gas prices rising). It's very hard to look at the future of society in a positive light right now.

Back
Top Bottom