• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion I pulled my back moving boxes, how long am I screwed for?

BlueSpirit20

Moblin
Banned
As crazy as it sounds this is the first time I’ve ever really pulled my back to the point where it hurts this bad lol. Even if I move slightly there’s a sharp pain, so I have to move pretty slowly. How long am I going to be out of action for, Fami? 😂

Probably a couple of weeks if you’re fairly young, the rest of the year if you’re old like me :D

I'm 20. I was hoping for a few days. 🥲
As my dad would speak from experience when he pulled his back at 24, it's better to rip this band-aid off now: you're gonna be feeling it for the rest of your life. All you can do is be careful going forward and to mitigate risk wherever possible.

Lift with your knees, not your back.

As my dad would speak from experience when he pulled his back at 24, it's better to rip this band-aid off now: you're gonna be feeling it for the rest of your life. All you can do is be careful going forward and to mitigate risk wherever possible.

Lift with your knees, not your back.
The pain has gone away and I'm fully back on my feet now, so it looks like I've got lucky! If I was to do it again I probably wouldn't be so lucky so I will take your advice. 😂

I pulled my back a couple months ago and I was like "okay great 3 days down and I'll be back in the game" but I was still hurting a little a week later. I had to refrain from stressing my back for like a week and a half before I felt confident being reckless again.
I guess I am an old now

Back
Top Bottom