• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club How Summer Holidays And Childhood Nostalgia Revolutionised Pokémon (Gen 3)

Yavga

Pipis collector
Pronouns
He
Today I have found a article by Nintendo Life which I really enjoyed, especially because Gen 3 is my all-time favorite generation with most of my favorite Pokémon. Reading the article now I finally understand why I liked Gen 3 so much!

Have a read over Here and if you are done reading that be sure to read this translated interview as well.

What was your favorite part of Generation 3?

Mine was definitely the OG Battle Frontier, I still hope they'll return to that someday.

I'll always be a Gen 3 boy at heart.

I think the one thing I love most is the sense of adventure. You can visit every biome imaginable in Hoenn.
Forest? Check. Volcano? Check. Desert? Check. Sea? Check. Underwater? Check. Outer friggin Space? In ORAS, check.

You can go from Morrowind style ash lands of Route 113 to serene green fields to plumbing the depth of ancient forgotten ruins like you're Indiana Jones to going on a grand seafaring voyage through a massive ocean. No other region has the sheer kind of location variety that Hoenn has, except maybe Unova in BW2, not to mention the exotic cities like Fortree and Sootopolis. And it all feels so naturally well connected together too.

I miss the Battle Frontier and extra Emerald locations, but the expanded story/characters, the remastered music, really nice artstyle, megas, and other stuff make it really hard to go back after ORAS, those are the way I prefer to revisit Hoenn now.

"I wish I could go on an adventure with some POKéMON...Crawl through some damp grass...Climb rocky, rugged mountains...Cross the raging seas...Wander about in dark caves...And, sometimes, even get a little homesick...It must be fabulous to travel!"
- Random npc in Petalburg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom