• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club How Much Do You Roll In A Zelda Game?

How Much Do You Roll In A Zelda Game?

• All the time

Votes: 41 68.3%
  • Some of the time

Votes: 12 20.0%
  • Only when it's required for a gameplay reason

Votes: 7 11.7%
  • Never

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

juuso

Koopa
This may seem like a joke thread, but I'm genuinely interested. Personally I roll all the time playing a Zelda game where you can do it (currently Minish Cap on NSO), and can't imagine playing them any other way.

But how about others? Please share your rolling habits.

I'm also curious to hear whether there are any game specific tendencies, such as rolling more in the Wind Waker than any other Zelda.

I roll all the time in the "classic" Zelda games as a stim and because it goes faster than regular movement.

That said, I love that recent games have effectively replaced it with sprinting. I like that much more than roll spam.

That also said, would it have been hard for BotW to implement rolling by crouching while sprinting?

Definitely, though i think it's more or less effective depending on the entry. It was faster in WW in comparison to Twilight Princess iirc. It would be nice if they brought it back

Definitely, though i think it's more or less effective depending on the entry. It was faster in WW in comparison to Twilight Princess iirc. It would be nice if they brought it back

You know, if they implement "crouch while sprinting to roll", that would be a good way of implementing another evasion mechanic in addition to sidestepping or backflipping.

Pretty much all the time. It really isn’t the same as jumping though, I kind of can’t believe it took until BotW to add a jump button.

Although I guess Zelda games aren’t about movement so much, that is something I hope changes though.

I still wish the 3D Zelda games would add the Roc's feather as an item. That way, we can assign a jump button whenever or leave it out when the situation doesn't need it.

17 rolls per quarter mile* is the proven optimal amount.

*nautical mile when off land.

Rolling is vital to Zelda and Tears of the Kingdom is a waste of time, money and resources if rolling isn't restored

Don't @ me
You joke but based on what we've seen there will be multiple vehicles to build. One of them is hopefully a turbo charged roll machine.

HTB1Li2_lhGYBuNjy0Fnq6x5lpXa5.jpg

Almost never. I have blades of grass to cut down for one Rupee or recovery heart every 30 seconds even though I don’t need either.

A lot. It would be nice if ToTK brought it back, perhaps as a means of moving through small spaces quickly or knocking random things out trees and whatnot, that would be "gameplay wise" invisible to the player untill they fell out.

Rolling all the time, unless it's OoT or MM in which case I'm back walking (until you get Goron in MM then it's back to rolling)

I roll all the time in OoT, because I think that that game in particular just has the most punchy and stimulating voice grunts for rolling, especially for adult Link.

WHOP.
HICK.
HECK.
SKRECK.

Back
Top Bottom