• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion How many hours have you put into Switch in total?

Select your total hours

• +100

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • +500

Votes: 10 14.5%
  • +1k

Votes: 11 15.9%
  • +2k

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • +3k

Votes: 12 17.4%
  • +4k

Votes: 5 7.2%
  • +5k

Votes: 8 11.6%
  • +6k

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • +7k

Votes: 4 5.8%
  • +8k

Votes: 3 4.3%
  • +9k

Votes: 2 2.9%
  • +10k

• +15k

• +25k

• Total voters

Wockio

NSMB2 Millionaire
Pronouns
He
With the next system right around the corner, I ran the numbers and I should be at around 6k hours of Switch, after almost exactly 5 years of owning it since June 2019

According to the Nintendo 3DS and Wii U memories stats they distributed back in 2020, I put 4k into both of them combined so I've played way more this generation than last

What about you?

I don’t have an easy way of checking this, but my best estimates probably point towards 5k.

I am somewhere between 5000 and 7000 hours total. This is the most time I have ever put into a single system ever.

It’s basically impossible to know for sure, but I’d guess somewhere between 3 and 4 thousand. I have ~1600 hours in Animal Crossing New Horizons alone.

I won’t count this, but I bet I have several hundred hours spent just kinda poking around both the Canadian and Japanese eShops and looking at all the junk on there

It’s basically impossible to know for sure, but I’d guess somewhere between 3 and 4 thousand. I have ~1600 hours in Animal Crossing New Horizons alone.

I won’t count this, but I bet I have several hundred hours spent just kinda poking around both the Canadian and Japanese eShops and looking at all the junk on there
I enjoy that too. I just found this masterpiece:

Would guess my family has put over 10,000 hours into it, maybe even 15,000. We have 2k hours in Binding of Isaac alone, and well over 100 games. What a great system.

Somewhere around 5,000 hours probably, thanks to all my Splatoon-ing.

Opened up some of my most-played games real quick for a proper estimate. Splatoon 2, Splatoon 3, and Smash Ultimate alone are over 5,000 hours combined, so I'm definitely somewhere around 7,000 hours.

Last edited:
It's gotta be around 1k even with the lowest estimates. Between Smash Ultimate, Persona 5 Royal, and TOTK it's around 700 hours. The rest should reach 1k and change. Sadly after changing to my Lite I lost a lot of my earlier playtime. 1k seems low compared to some folks here but I'm reasonably sure I've never played a video game console as much as the Switch.

Probably between 500 and 1000, I'd guess. I know between my three most played games (Smash, TOTK, BOTW), I'm in the range of 400 and then combined for everything else would likely be another two or three hundred.

Dunno how much in raw numbers, but I bet that whatever it is, it's being made out of 70% BotW and TotK.

There's literally no way for me to know. I have over 600 games and many have 100+ hours. Animal Crossing alone is over 1000. Not to mention the hours spent in game aren't 100% accurate

4k but it's tough cause Animal Crossing and Stardew make up almost 1500 hours. Add the zelda games and Odyssey and I'm over 2k. Yeah...4k is a safe bet lol.

Probably on the lower end of 500-1000 if I were to guess, I can't really think of many games I've put an extensive amount of hours into on it. The game I've played the most on Switch was probably Mario Odyssey, and even that one was probably only around 50 hours worth of playtime.

Not sure. My most played games are probably 1,000+ across the various MonHun games, and 200+ across Dragon Quest XI and Skyrim each, and 80+ in TotK/BotW, and 75+ in each of the Octopath games. So that’s 1700 before adding in a couple dozen other RPGs I’ve played. I’d be surprised if it was less than a total of 3,000 hours, and I’d estimate at around 4k.

I’m not sure what else has come close to that for me. Perhaps the SNES/GB as a child with no responsibilities, or the DS back when I was commuting every day and always had an rpg on the go too.

Around 1k, thanks to Dragon Quest Builders 2 and Splatoon 2.

Fun fact: I've played more on my 3DS than my Switch since I got my Switch back in 2017.

looking through the games I've put in my "beaten" spreadsheet they all gathered up 2500hrs

Then there's a whole bunch of post game in larger games like BotW, TotK, Xenos and multiplayer games like Splatoon 2, Monster Hunter and Mario Kart.. and games not yet beaten which I have many of and games retired.

Definitely over 3000 hours but probably not over 4000. But now that I think about it.. my daughters has forced me to play a whole bunch of Mario Party so it might have crossed 4000.That would be my guess.

Absolutely the system I have played the most on outside of PC which did dominate my gaming life for a good 20 years straight.

I don't know how to easily check and I can't make a guess, but I'm sure it's a lot, even though I've really slowed down in the past 3 years, leaving my backlog for Switch 2. I'm sure I've put more hours than the previous portable systems, that's for sure.

Exophase is saying 6000+ which dwarfs what my 3DS (1808 hours) and Wii U (956 hours) were at not long after the Switch launched. Hybrid console really helped allow me to find more time playing games

I estimated around 3000 hours.

1000+ hours in Animal Crossing
500+ hours in Slay the spire
400 hours in BotW + TotK
100 hours for NSO games on several platforms
and then another 1000 hours for all the other games.

I would guess it is the console with my longest playtime by far.

Somewhere in the 500-1000 range, probably closer to 1k. I’ve had it for six years, but I don’t put hundreds and hundreds of hours into games like a lot of folks. My most-played game on Switch is Legends Arceus with 90 hours.

I’m on the lower end at between 500-1000 if I had to guess. I simply don’t have the time I used to to game, plus I do game on PC, and PS4 (the latter almost non-existent at this point).

Some of these choices though on the poll have me question some things though.

If you work a typical 40hr work week, and did so all year, that’s 2080hrs. And since the Switch has only been out for 7 years, that’s over 14k hrs if you were playing it like a full time job.

So seeing there are some people who have more hrs than that has me worried slightly. Is everything ok? 🥺

I got a Switch in early 2018 and I’ve averaged about an hour a day on it. I’d say between 2-3k? I used to have more time for games before I had kids a couple of years ago.

At least 9,845, though that’s the sum of the play activity records for every game I’ve played, which rounds to the nearest 5 hours after the first 10 hours, so in actuality it would be more than that. Kinda surprised I haven’t passed 10,000 hours yet. My total play time probably be at least twice the current amount if it weren’t for my chronic issues that make it difficult for me to do things most of the time…

Back
Top Bottom