• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Discussion How many holes does a straw have

How many holes does a straw have?

• Total voters
I don't drink the abyss, just an ice cold doctor pepper please.
Shame, you're missing out
1605796792_abyss-beer-cans.jpg

Here, have a complementary gift voucher:
ABYSS_WEBSHOP_GIFT_VOUCHERS-25_470x.png

How many donut holes can you flt inside a straw? The answer, of course, is all of them.

Nah, don't worry about it, I was just joking, and posted the wrongvlink first.
It was fun sparring with you across multiple threads simultaneously, I appreciate your wit. Got an especially good laugh when you described Bean The Dynamite as a duck ;)

Went back to the stooges thread and watched all 20 minutes of the Plumbing film. I still think there are only about 2 good jokes in the entire thing, the rest are rather lame.

Topology and child give different answers. Just as in many other things there is no actual right answer contrary to some other things that have one clear unquestionable right or wrong.

This one doesn't.

Mathematically, it has one. It's homeomorphic to a ring donut.

Philosophically, I think you get to make up your own answer provided you give a definition of hole.

I told myself I wouldn't engage in this arguement, but here we are.

A straw defintively has two holes: a mouth and an anus. Or wait, maybe it actually does have one hole, a mouth and an anus... or is that three? Maybe a straw has infinite mouths and anuses as far as the eye can see. Anybody else a fan of the first two Human Centipede films? Solid horror movies if you can get over the one or two plot holes.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom