• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club How many Farming Sims are we expecting for the upcoming direct?

More then the amount of adventure games and FPS games, less then the amount of RPGs and Platformers.

So like 2-3, idk.

Does Stardew Valley 1.6 have a date yet for consoles? Last I checked it was still "soon", unless I missed it coming out

I could see that, one random indie game, maybe a Disney Dreamlight Valley update (Disney loves paying for spots in Directs) and maybe a new Harvest Moon or Story of Seasons/Rune Factory. So I'll go with 3, maybe 4

Maybe 1. I think the big wave of Stardew Valley inspired games is over. And I doubt any dev is making new farming games considering the glut we have now

At least two, maybe up to four.

I'm almost positive Moonstone Island will have a trailer. The Direct is happening the day before it comes out on the Switch, and a Direct is the best way to get new eyes on the game.

I'm also pretty sure that the people who did Rune Factory and Harvest Moon will want to share something. They've got FarMagia coming out later this year, and this is a great time to give a release date. They also have Rune Factory: Project Dragon, but I think that can wait until 2025, or at least until after the Switch 2 is announced.

I'm giving room for an extra one or two here, because there's always a smaller franchise or game I can't predict. And even if one of the above games doesn't appear, there's still a chance something like Sun Haven may give a Switch release date. (Sun Haven is still more likely to be in a September Partner Showcase or Indie Direct, but there's still a chance it could appear here.)

Outside of the Story of seasons game shown a couple of weeks ago I dont think there are any coming soon. And the ones that are active, either got recent patches, Stardew Valley, or laid off a large part of their studio, Phoenix Labs with FaeFarm and Singularity 6 with Palia. I expect 0

Crash Bandicoot : Farm over Mutant
Spyro : The Legendary Garden
Turrican : Concerto for Vegetables and Turnips
Brütal Legend 2 : Flowers of DEATH METAL

I'll take some farming sims, love them. Can't get enough.

I should design my own farming game. It'll have everything. Fishing, crop growing, seasons, lovable characters, fishing. It'll have it all. Really set it apart from the rest of the genre.

I really do love the genre as long as it's a well made game.

Outside of the Story of seasons game shown a couple of weeks ago I dont think there are any coming soon. And the ones that are active, either got recent patches, Stardew Valley, or laid off a large part of their studio, Phoenix Labs with FaeFarm and Singularity 6 with Palia. I expect 0
Moonstone Island is coming to Switch next week, Corekeeper and Pixelshire later this year, Sunnyside just released on PC yesterday. Wholesome Direct showed more farming sims that are being developed. fields of Mistral goes early access on PC in August.

Moonstone Island is coming to Switch next week, Corekeeper and Pixelshire later this year, Sunnyside just released on PC yesterday. Wholesome Direct showed more farming sims that are being developed. fields of Mistral goes early access on PC in August.
Oh dang. I did not see all the weekend news so I missed a ton. But given that some were in other directs, it does decrease the chance of them appearing.

I want my Tegridy Farms sim.
727628b479b0fcdcd2bd0ea0122602ed.jpg

zero, unless if that "Voxo Farm" (minecraft-like?) project mentioned in the EpicDB is there.
but that seems highly unlikely as publisher SOEDESCO has not been featured in a Direct before. as far as i'm aware.

The Farm Sims shown at the Marvelous Showcase were each given a "we'll show more soon." I guess a Direct is the earliest possible date for "Soon," but I got the feeling that with no consoles attached, then at least some of them may be for the Switch 2's first year.

But since a lot of really annoying people get mad at the idea of farm sims in Directs for some reason, I hope the next Zelda game, using the time and resources of main series staff, is a direct sequel to the Ocarina timeline where Link is struggling with there being no dungeons to conquer, Hyrule not needing any saving, but Lon Lon Ranch has a job opening.

Back
Top Bottom