• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.

News Hotel Barcelona (Suda x Swery) revealed, including developer interview

MissingNo.

Squirtle Squad Leader
Pronouns
he/him
This was just revealed during Xbox's TGS stream.

I will include gameplay footage once it's available on YouTube.
Scratch that, @oomoepoo was faster, see directly below.

Last edited:
From drunk ramblings of two crazy people to a full project made by those drunk people.

What a story.

Surely this will be released on the Switch 2 as well? I'm all for a crazy game like this.

Sorry for DP but platforms (as of now) are:

Steam (PC), Xbox Series and PS5.

No Switch, no last gen consoles.

Surprising.
So much for Suda51's "I want every game I made to be on Switch" thing. A 2D platformer but not on Switch? This sounds like Netease's doing, the other game they revealed also skipped Switch. A 2D bunny platformer...
Well then, Switch 2 it is.
Surely this will be released on the Switch 2 as well? I'm all for a crazy game like this.
I feel there's gonna be a massive disappointment when Switch 2 and its first round of games are revealed. I predict Switch 2 will struggle getting Japanese third party games worse than Switch did.

Last edited:
I feel there's gonna be a massive disappointment when Switch 2 and its first round of games are revealed. I predict Switch 2 will struggle getting third party games worse than Switch did.

Nah, I don't share that pessimism. On the contrary; I think we're gonna see an exceptional increase in third-party support.

Nah, I don't share that pessimism. On the contrary; I think we're gonna see an exceptional increase in third-party support.
Oh sorry, I meant to say "Japanese". I do expect and increase in third party games but only from western publishers.

There are lots of Japanese games skipping Switch nowadays and it's not tech related. Some of the games are stuff Switch can easily run, such as Sand Land or Persona 3 Reload. They just don't want those games on a Nintendo platform. I doubt a new and powerful hardware is gonna change their minds.

Oh sorry, I meant to say "Japanese". I do expect and increase in third party games but only from western publishers.

There are lots of Japanese games skipping Switch nowadays and it's not tech related. Some of the games are stuff Switch can easily run, such as Sand Land or Persona 3 Reload. They just don't want those games on a Nintendo platform. I doubt a new and powerful hardware is gonna change their minds.

The Switch is by far the best-selling platform in Japan, so I see no reason why the upcoming hardware wouldn't get increased support with the hardware being much more capable and up-to-date. Persona 3 Reload not coming to Switch is likely a business decision to release it on the successor instead. In fact, I can see developers and publishers moving more towards Nintendo because of the current install base.

At this stage I’m not bothered by any publisher/developer waiting for the new hardware before bringing their games over (so maybe Persona 3 Reload won’t be as blurry as P5R) but this looks easily doable on the current Switch. Oh well.

Maybe it’ll get announced later like The Good Life did.

Apparently Suda doesn't have that much of an involvement in the game?
“Then, all of a sudden, Swery completed tons of work on the development, and Hotel Barcelona materialized." Combined with White Owls owning the trademark and being the developer makes me think this is more of Swery's project. Suda/GhM's focus is on their UE5 game

2D action-platformer!? Well alrighty then. I can get down with that. Looks pretty good so far, and coming from these two, it's sure to be batshit insane.

Wow, I didn't know those two were collaborating on something. Trailer didn't wow me but I'm sure it will be an interesting game. I hope there's a way to disable healthbars on normal enemies.

Devolver is probably fuming that they weren't able to get the publishing rights for this, i remember them openly discussing funding the project for months when the inital discussions started.

Wait, Suda and Swery making a game together? I said wow! Let the madness ensue!!! 😀

Back
Top Bottom