• Hey everyone, staff have documented a list of banned content and subject matter that we feel are not consistent with site values, and don't make sense to host discussion of on Famiboards. This list (and the relevant reasoning per item) is viewable here.
  • Furukawa Speaks! We discuss the announcement of the Nintendo Switch Successor and our June Direct Predictions on the new episode of the Famiboards Discussion Club! Check it out here!

Fun Club Hot Take: Every Sega game should start with the character(s) of that game saying “Sega”

Derachi

Fresh Eater
Founder
Pronouns
he/him
You remember when you’d boot up like, Sonic the Hedgehog and it’d start with that chorus saying “SEEEEGAAAAA” right?

They did it again for Puyo Puyo Tetris, where the characters of the game would say “SEEEEGAAAAA” on the Sega logo screen. Great little touch! Love it. Every Sega game should start that way. Brand new Yakuza Like A Dragon game? Start it with Kiryu or Ichiban shouting “SEEEEGAAAAA.” New Sonic game? Get Sonic’s voice actor in that booth and have him say “SEEEEGAAAAA.” New Total War game? Get some military commander-type voice actor to shout “SEEEEGAAAAAA.” New Seaman game? Get Seaman’s voice actor in there saying “SEEEEGAAAAA”.

I think it would be fun

You remember when you’d boot up like, Sonic the Hedgehog and it’d start with that chorus saying “SEEEEGAAAAA” right?

They did it again for Puyo Puyo Tetris, where the characters of the game would say “SEEEEGAAAAA TETRIS"
FTFY

I get it. Like the one in Fire Emblem Engage. A randomly picked character say "Fire Emblem. Engage!" everytime I boot the game. And I think this is a common practice, I remember that the roster of Dead or Alive Dimensions say "Dead or Alive Dimension" at the start screen. Though 90% of the time I got Hitomi saying that.

I get it. Like the one in Fire Emblem Engage. A randomly picked character say "Fire Emblem. Engage!" everytime I boot the game. And I think this is a common practice, I remember that the roster of Dead or Alive Dimensions say "Dead or Alive Dimension" at the start screen. Though 90% of the time I got Hitomi saying that.
Yeah Bleach Brave Souls and JoJo's Bizarre Adventure do it too, it's cool. Also the characters saying Nintendo in Mario Strikers, right?

This take is as hot as Burger King burgers fresh from the window.

Which is to say it's inexplicably cold

They did it for Sonic Adventure, it was cute.
I'd take it over the loud ass Sega BONG they do now.

The fact that this didn’t continue as a trend is a shame.
They didn't even do it for Sonic Superstars, which blows my mind.

I know they said they're trying to shift company-wide to that new specific sound and logo-on-an-eye thing, but they didn't even do that.

IMO

the new sega “ooooooBWONK” sound sucks

I have a visceral reaction to it. When I'm watching a trailer, I have to try to stop the video before I see/hear it.

That branding actively makes anything I see it in worse.

I don't get why you put that under Fun Club. I think it's a great idea! Really loved when they did that in Kiwami

Last edited:
They didn't even do it for Sonic Superstars, which blows my mind.

I know they said they're trying to shift company-wide to that new specific sound and logo-on-an-eye thing, but they didn't even do that.
This must be why Superstars was not a colossus juggernaut smash hit.

Edit: I do like everything I have seen of superstars, I am just surprised it didn't pop off like I thought it was.

Back
Top Bottom